1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My new race

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Register, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

What questionable drug drove you to make this race undead? Those pictures look very Final Fantasy like to me... did you rip them from FFXI? One in ten? Is this to make the women fall all over the men to be 'chosen' by the men as their partner? Why would the males only be allowed one partner if they're outnumbered 10 to 1? Obviously the survival of the species would require these males to copulate with as many females as possible to make up for their missing bretheren.

This race sounds like an excuse to write books about wild elf-life sex orgies :bad:

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Don't be so hard on the guy. I am sure he's just new at this. :p

*pats RooK the fallen on the back for a good first attempt*

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Math - Yes, he is.

@Chev and Abon - As Jaguar said, it's a oretty good attempt as he is pretty new to this, the closest to D&D he have been before is playing a bit in the IE games. But I will help him editing them.

BTW, the portraits are NOT from FF, he borrowed them from a public graphic artist, you can see the web-adress where he got the pictures in the link.

4. The_Swordalizer Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A few questions:

How does a race come from the undead? undead can't reproduce or evolve... they're dead. :p

Why does a race that comes from the undead live in the woods? the undead aren't generally found near forests, dryads etc. hate them as being unnatural.

How does a race with 10 women per man not decline to nothing within a few generations?

If they are a "new race" how did they get into "every major forest"?

How does a race forget how to write a language but still speak it?

Why is the entire race lawful good? they are half undead and live in the woods, i would expect a more neutral alignment... lawful good suggests they are a highly ordered society, a tribal society of half undead doesn't seem right.

Altogether i think the idea of some kind of semi-undead race could have possibilities but it seems seperate to the "woodland warriors of good" you are using. i would suggest this should be 2 seperate races, an ancient race of woodland living, neutral good forest defenders, and a newly created race, cursed by a Deity and forced to live as half undead, rotting as they live and feeling the tug of the negative plane.

5. P4TRiQ Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] yes yes.. I will make some changes... in time it will please you as mutch as me..

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm bumping this one so that RooK can update with the new one he sent to me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.