1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My application

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by eveningdrive, May 10, 2002.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] First off, thanks to all those who have answered my questions and to those who have posted regarding ALFA and NWN. :)

I have submitted my application to ALFA with this character:

Thrian Highwing
    Human Male
    Starting Class: Fighter
    Multi-class: Rogue
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Deity: Hoar
    Server you plan to start: Phlan

Bio:

A set of steel gray eyes scans the passing caravan. The guards, eyes alert and looking for danger, fail to see the man atop the cliff a few meters above the wagons.

The man squints, as the rays of the midmorning sun intrudes upon his vision. He waits until the last wagon passes, then silently rises from his hiding place.

From behind, the sound of a blade sliding from its sheath rings in the air. The man slowly turns to face four, tough looking men armed with swords and wearing the colors of the Zhentarim.

"Heh! Rogold said thar'd be a warm body waitin' far us 'ere. Now be a good lad an' drop yer blades." A tall, lanky man approaches as he speaks. He would have said more, if not for the knife that suddenly appeared in his left eye.

As the other three dumbfounded Zhentilar fumbled for their weapons, two silver streaks slashed in their midst. In a few minutes all four men were sprawled on the ground, blood drenching the rocky surface.

The following day, a body that used to be known as Rogold was found in front of the shrine to Hoar, God of Vengeance. As the watch began to question the citizens, a figure on horseback far away from the scene utters a whispered prayer to Hoar, and to the memory of beautiful woman with raven dark hair.

With measured steps, the horse with its rider trots along the long road to Phlan, where he hopes, his promises and pain may see resolution...

~~~~~~

Please comment on the Bio, because its the character I plan to use for NWN.

Thanks. :)

[This message has been edited by eveningdrive (edited May 12, 2002).]

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It sounds promissing. Bit I warn you... don't steal stuff from me ;)

3. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Hahaha! No, I'm not that kind of rogue.

Still no word from ALFA yet. I guess it really does take that long.

4. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

especialy as the chief of ALFA has gone to the E3 show in LA to hang out with the Bio dudes! :)

5. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Arghhhh...will ALFA ever respond? I sent in my app over a month ago!

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just be patient. It took over 3 months for my application to be processed. It's not like there's much you can do anyway at the moment. If you are accepted, fine. However, if you are not accepted, presumably you will try again. So whilst you are waiting for your reply you can always make up some extra backgrounds in case you need to apply again. Anyhow, it's all fun :).

7. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Patience is a virtue which I do not possess, unfortunately.

8. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Well, at least they tell you whether you pass or fail, and don't leave you hanging in the air.

err... don't they :hmm: :mommy:

9. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Not for me, they dont...*cries*

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    They havn't replied to mine either! :mommy:

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They responded rather fast to my application, only a week or two. I even got three responses ;)

12. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] What a faulty system! That really really sucks (for me at least), but good for you!

13. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Send an email to check if they might have lost yours.

14. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] What should I say in the email? Who should I send it to?

15. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31

The name of your character and ask if they have it still pending. Try mailing Trissmuss at Trismuss@silvermarches.com. I think he's the one to call.

[This message has been edited by Magnus Magicus (edited June 10, 2002).]

16. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Crap. What if I can't remember my character's name...

17. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31

Then he can search on your emailaddress maybe. And if you don't remember *that*, you should give up and make a new character :D

EDIT:

Word from Mandos, admin of ALFA:

The Player Base has been capped; applications are closed between now and ALFA live date, at which time we may choose to re-open the application process.
    In the meantime, HDMs and PRs may forward to Admin individuals for consideration as members of ALFA if they have personal knowledge of the candidate through PnP or ORP. This will be on a case by case, exceptional basis; HDMs and PRs should be prepared to have the request denied

[This message has been edited by Magnus Magicus (edited June 12, 2002).]

18. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] WooooHoooooo!!! :roll::grin::happy:

~~~~~~
    Dear Applicant,

It's with great pleasure that we welcome you to A Land Far Away.

As a player, you've been accepted to partake in one of the biggest
    Neverwinter Nights Projects that currently exists. Our task: To re-create
    the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting with accuracy, and help promote trust,
    friendship, and fair play to all of our players and DMs within the ALFA
    Community.
    ~~~~~~

:roll::1eye::roll:

19. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Woohoo! Congratulations eveningdrive! :D

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Excellent!!!! Congratulations for getting into ALFA!!! I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone in there!!!! It's going to be a blast!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.