1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My 2011 Fantasy Football team

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Blades of Vanatar, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, I got that spectacular performance from Cruz! It looks like playoffs here I come! I now have a 9-win, an 8-win, and a 7-win team among my three. Which have clinched their division, are tied for the lead in their division, and are one game back in their division, respectively.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I got the tri-fecta this year! 3 teams, all in the playoffs! I got a pair of 9-win teams, and an 8-win team, which was good enough for a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finish in my leagues - all playoff bound!

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    After the first year in which I made it 3 for 3 in my fantasy teams making the playoffs, I can proudly announce that also, for the first time ever, I'm 3 for 3 in my teams making it to the semi-finals. (Granted, in one league I had a first round bye, so my entry into the semi-finals was assured.) Given that my teams are pretty much nothing alike (there are no players that are common to all three teams, and the only player that appears on more than one roster is Stafford), it stands to reason that the chances of at least one of these teams making the championship game is rather high, but the odds of all three of them making it is rather low.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had such a disappointing year it is almost shameful. My teams were decimated by injuries early in the season and were never able to recover. The one that really burns me is my friend league. I ended up in 5th place and missed the playoffs, but was the league's top scorer by over 100 points. That is just crappy luck. My work league I ended up in 8th place which I consider a miracle considering I think I was 0-6 at one point. Oh well, better luck next year.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    And then there were two. My trio of playoff teams lost a member this weekend. I got Bushed. As in Reggie Bush. Technically haven't lost yet, but I'm down nearly 30 with only the SF defense going tonight. While the SF D/ST has served me well all year, 30 is probably unattainable (seeing as how there's only a handful of such D/ST scores all year.

The other two soldier on. Two championship games, and one runner-up game next week.

Indeed it is. That happened to me in my work league last year. Top scorer (although not by 100 - the amount was significantly smaller than that), finished 6th. It was unbelievable bad luck. I finished with 7 losses, and 4 of those losses came when I played the only team in the league that could have beaten me. That's not just bad luck - that's almost inconceivably bad luck. It's a 12 team league, so if you finish with the second highest score for the week, you should win 10 out of 11 times.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    In the end of things....

3 leagues,

1 Championship
    1 Second Place
    1 Third Place

A pretty good year all in all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.