1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Multiplayer games: tell us what tactic you hate (PVP mostly but not only)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, May 9, 2006.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hate it when someone ask yuo for help and you try to be nice and explain. They dont get it, the thing is most often quite easy and they should know what to do just by thinking or reading the quest info but noooooo. Just today I was running around with my alt in a high level zone in World of warcraft. They have implemented a new pvp thing where you go out and pick up stuff and hand it in and it is supposed to induce pvp combat. This guy didnt understand, when I told him that he should go out into the desert and pick up sand he asked: Which desert? (the zone we were in was a desert zone). This kept going until I told him that he was stupid and I was unable to help him.

2. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

On my first run at WoW I had a player ask to team up with me to complete a quest we were both working. When complete I wanted to unjoin but didn't know how since I was a noob. Instead of helping me unjoin he kept saying, "Its OK, I'll help you with...." whatever else I was wanting to do myself. I eventually had to quit my game and then log back on later. I didn't join anyone again until I figured out how to unjoin.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Right click your portrait and click 'Leave party'. Tough one that :p .

4. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Beggars, need I even say more? They come, they squel, they complain, they cry. Give me this, give me that, train me, buff me, help me, nuke the site from orbit yadda yadda...
    Althought theyäre easy enough to fend off by repeating: "It isn't that hard, I'm way past that level, and I could do it with ease. So should you."

This will either make him bored and go to beg from someone else, or then he thinks he's looking like an idiot begging to be tanked past easy levels. Either way, he leaves.

Other thing is KSers. They come, they observe, they hit just the one time. And sometimes, they are even rude about it. No excuses like "I'm sorry, got confused." Or "I thought you had stopped hitting it, won't do this again!", but cold, hard middle-fingers and a whole load of bad language. Bah, guess it's one reason I don't bother any more.

5. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

BA, please be nice, I admitted I was a noob. I am no more but next time I have a question I will ask you first. :)

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I play some text based games, which start out free, but you can donate. I probably would if I had money to do so, but I don't.

But I find that players who do spend money get an unfair advantage over those that don't.

The one game is a wrestling game. Win or lose, you still make some money. In tournaments, players will "full staff", meaning that they hire doctors to reduce injuries, match coaches to make you hit more often and Physical trainers so that you hit harder. The price of this is that the money you make is all taken. Why do they nerf their own income just to screw you over. Isn't that lose-lose?

7. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    One thing that puzzles me in WoW is that a lot of people seem to think that just because your own character is 2, 3, or 10 levels higher than theirs, it automatically imbues them with some form of invincibility, if you party with them. And after they charge head-on against a monster that even my character would have trouble defeating they loudly exclaim after dying: "You suck, man!"
    And when you explain to him that his lvl 25 mage isn´t going to do a lot of good against 8 lvl 30-ish Cave Yetis, especially since he ran off and kamikaze´d them like a beheaded ckicken, you still get the same old, same old: "You suck, man!"
    And when you after that ask him to scroll down his chatlog to see that I actually told him to wait for me, so we could pick them off one by one, guess what? "You still suck, man!"

Edit: I almost forgot. 1g1g1g1g1g1g1g1gPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!
    Get lost, you wellfare case.
    COMOOOOOON!!!!1g1g1g1g1g1g1g1g1g1gPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

What's a welfare case?? :)

Oh and the other day I was playing CS:S online at a mate's house...it was on a zombie server..where the terrorists are all zombies with 500 health and regenerate, but they don't get any weapon except the knife. Good fun...

Only, some idiot in my team kept shooting me for laughs...of course, after the first 2 times this happened, the first thing I did every round was keep killing the little **** as soon as I spawned till he left the server..but that kind of thing ruins the game not only for you, but the others playing on the server as well...

And I don't get how its funny...I was just killing him so he wouldn't kill me, and I could get on with the game. I wasn't enjoying it...

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Spawn killing in Soldat really sucks. Someone camps a spawn point with a chainsaw and hacks you up basically straight away. It is possible to survive and shoot the bastards - but it generally takes a few deaths to get that far...

10. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When you kill them, you got lucky. When they kill you, it's due to their incredible skills.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.