1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movies like Independence Day?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by AlexGK, Sep 16, 2003.

1. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I've just seen it and IMHO it was not such a bad film with exeption of the ending thing with the virus hehe :) So does anybody know othe movies like this one? Movies about alien wars or something?

2. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

There are hundreds of movies that are similar to Independance Day in one respect or another. Most are awful B Movies that are not worth watching. Independance Day 'borrowed' most (all) of its ideas from other movies, but its high budget visuals and excellent actors made it good fun to watch.

If I was to list only the best of them I would say;
    Alien (I,II,III,IV)
    Starship Troopers
    The Last Starfighter ( Have a laugh )
    Men In Black
    Star Wars I
    Mars Attacks (hilarious, and true to the B Movie spirit)

If you are talking about the sentiment behind the movie, the fight for independance, then that adds hundreds more movies to the list. Mine would start with;

Braveheart.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] The Day the Earth Stood Still (it's an old 50s movie...But a classic nonetheless - Klaatu, Verada, Nikto!)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Either the 1956 or the 1978 version with DOnald Sutherland)

War of the Worlds 1953

They Live (with Rowdy Roddy Piper!!! 1988) This has one of the greatest movie quotes ever: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...And I'm all out of bubblegum."

Predator - With Ahhhnold!

The Thing - John Carpenter's remake (in the 80s)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 1977

Signs - 2002

Starship Troopers

Enemy Mine

Life Force (Campy...But a hot naked vampire chick & Jean Luc Picard!!!)

Contact (Better than the book!)

The Faculty (COme on...John Stewart & Famke Jannsen...How can you go wrong?)

Species

X-Files: Fight the Future

Starblazers: (An animated television series, I think it's anime...It's japanese anyway...It's was great when I was 11-12...Maybe it still is...)

Well...That's all I can think of for Alien Invasion flicks...

[ September 16, 2003, 02:58: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

4. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You might also enjoy "The Puppet masters" (1994). The story is not very original, as it borrows elements from various other movies, but it is well-made and fun to watch.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.