1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie Scene Game #5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    One of the Matrix sequels? haven't seen them but I recall the home base was called Jericho.

Edit: just so you know this isn't the same as when the guy looked it up. I HAVEN'T searched. Just guessing.

Further edit: I suddenly realised the home base was called Zion. So obviously wrong.

[ June 19, 2007, 00:06: Message edited by: Takara ]

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Much, much older....

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It probably isn't this one either, but I don't know my Bible influenced movies that well.

Coming to America?

5. Latro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Ten Commandments

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

The Prophecy?

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    No to all. None of these movies are old enough.

The Walls of Jericho was a metaphor for a blanket in the movie.

8. Latro Gems: 5/31

It Happened One Night

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Bingo. Your turn Latro.

10. Latro Gems: 5/31

A man and a woman are lying in their beds in two separate but adjacent rooms. Both are hoping that the door between the two rooms will be opened by the wind.

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    hmmm... that sounds familiar :D

12. Takara

Media:
    Indianna Jones and the temple of doom?

13. Latro Gems: 5/31

No. Much older.

14. Takara

Media:
    Would this be a Humphrey Bogart or Rita Hayworth pic? My knowledge of that sort of film is almost zip. :(

15. Latro Gems: 5/31

Neither Humphrey Bogart or Rita Hayworth.
    But the time is almost right.

16. Latro Gems: 5/31

Some more hints seem to be necessary ;)

Man and woman are a couple whose divorce will take effect at midnight.
    Both leads belonged to the biggest stars of their time. Though they shared a total of 7 Oscar nominations between them - one of it for this movie - neither has won it ever.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

high society?

18. Latro Gems: 5/31

No. Older. 'High Society' is a remake of a movie which is a little younger than the sought-after movie.
    And all three leads in High Society have each won an Oscar in their career.

Some more hints:
    A foxterrier plays a quite important part in this movie.
    And a cuckoo clock is used at the end of the scene to tell "things" which were forbidden to show in movies under the 'Hayes code' ;)

[ June 24, 2007, 17:58: Message edited by: Latro ]

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    That dog was in a boatload of movies: Bringing Up Baby, The Thin Man (all of them, I think), and The Awful Truth.

20. Latro Gems: 5/31

@T2Bruno

Since the sought-after movie is in your list and the rest would be guesswork we should finish it here.
    It's 'The Awful Truth', one of the funniest screwball comedies ever.

Your turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.