1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The guy has a bet not to have sex or masturbate for 40 nights or something? 40 days and 40 nights?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hmm, didn't think this one was going to be this difficult...

while the hint does apply to that movie as well, that's not it. and since Tak you're the only one that's trying, I'll give the giveaway hints lol.

This falls into the "teen" rom-com chick flick genre of movies and it was really big when it came out.

the bet in question (central to the plot) was about a girl and the prom.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    She's All That???

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

10 Things I Hate About You... I think that's it. Would guessed faster had I seen it earlier. Go Heath!

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whew! T2 has it!

The hints may have seened similar to 10 things, but in that movie, there was no bet. Heath Ledger was flat-out paid to charm Julia Stiles

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Oops, it had been a while since I had seen it and got excited :grin:

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Never seen it so no clue about the :bang:

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I never saw it either, it was the the only teen-chick-flick-prom-movie I could think of....

I Like to Move It -- King Julien

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Either Madagascar movie.

10. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn dmc.

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    At the risk of sounding redundant...

Your turn dmc.

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sorry, I forgot about this.

A Hazy Shade of Winter - performed by the Bangles, not Simon & Garfunkel

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Hmmm, I think it's time to ask for a hint. :)

14. dmc

Media:
    I'd guess you were right. This was a fairly early film in one of the lead actor's careers and, aside from the ending, was eerily prescient about his real life issues. The "bad guy" was James Spader.

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    Less than Zero? Robert Downey Jr.'s performance was both incredible and eerily prophetic (except the dying part...).

16. dmc

Media:
    Exactly. I appreciate that movie much more now then when I saw it in the '80's (although I was dating Jami Gertz's cousin at the time).

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    In Your Eyes -- Peter Gabriel

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Say Anything

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn LKD.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

There She Goes. (the Boo Radleys' version and the La's version, both in the same film!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.