1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
  2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Rock Around the Clock -- Bill Haley

The first movie it was in, please.

Edit: In retrospect, I'll open it up to any of the three movies this song was in. All three were Oscar nominated movies, two were about teenagers, and the third was just super.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  3. Takara

Media:
    Back to the future?

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    American Graffiti (not sure if it was the first one, though).

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Splunge has it.

The other movies were: Blackboard Jungle (1955), and Superman (1978) -- both with Glenn Ford (the song was chosen to be played on the car radio in Superman because of the Glenn Ford tie). It was also used in "Rock Around the Clock" a B-movie from 1956 (I didn't know about that one until a few minutes ago).

"Rock Around the Clock" is considered by many to be the most influential rock song in history. It basically started the rock movement among white performers.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I just heard this song the other day (sorry if it's been used here before):

Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Breakfast Club

8. Splunge

Media:
    Yep. I have to admit - I like both the movie and the song.

You're up, T2.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    On the Good Ship Lollypop -- Shirley Temple.

10. Takara

Media:
    Who framed Roger Rabbit?

11. Splunge

Media:
    You been dipping into the turnip beer again, Tak?

I should know this one since I used it as a lark in the Song Quote Game, but I'm drawing a blank on the movie.

12. T2Bruno

Media:
    No, not Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Where do you think I got the idea Splunge?

13. Splunge

Media:
    Well, the egotistical ‘me’ wants to say you got it from, well, me (from the afore-mentioned Song Quote Game), but the “me who knows better” suspects otherwise.

In any event, I still have no idea.

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    Alright, fine... new movie, new song:

This one has been in a boatload of movies (including an instrumental version in 'Strangers on a Train' and in another movie by Ol' Blue Eyes), but not with these specific artists -- they are unique to one movie:

The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down -- performed by Charles Fleischer and later in the movie by Bob Hoskins

... Fleischer did the voice of a character in the movie (Takara... now you say the name of the movie... hint, hint).

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm tempted to take this freebie and then throw it open to anyone who wants it cos I'm gonna be too busy with work and finding a new home and besides, that'd just be meeeaaan :p

16. Takara

Media:
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I just put the name of the song in iTunes to hear a clip as the name meant nothing. But when I heard a bit, Daffy Duck and the warner sign immediately sprung to mind.

From me... get ready for this by 2 Unlimited

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    Yes, it was Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    My wife has this on her "sport's CD." I just noticed it and played it. I never would have known it from the title.

Space Jam?

19. Takara

Media:
    No. And to move to this song you need "spirit fingers". I just checked wikipedia and it was used in Space Jam, but clearly not the movie I posted this for.

Since you are right, in that this song is in Space Jam, you can go.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  20. T2Bruno

Media:
    What? I'm not following you.

Well, I'll go:

People -- Barbara Streisand

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.