1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe okay, seeing as how you're the only one that even has a feeling about it, i'll give you another hint:

the 2 main characters of the movie originated from an SNL (Saturday Night Live) skit. The 2 actors playing them were also regular cast members at one time or another on SNL.

and the head-bopping comment was a hint too. everytime the 2 would start to dance, the first move would be to bop their head to one side over and over. to the left side iirc haha but I'm not sure.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Kevin And Perry go large?

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wayne's World?

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm, didn't think this one would be a stumper although I did see it on cinemax...

the 2 characters in question are brothers (one short, one tall) and they both try hitting on girls with the dumbest lines. The taller brother is the dumber one.

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Damn, I've seen this one, or at least a bit of it, on TV a few years back. Too bad it was so bad I didn't bother to find out what it was called.

I can see the bopping heads and hear the song in my head now and it's haunting me. :bang:

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

A night at the Roxbury? That could be it...

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

bingo!

Doug and Steve Butabi hehe, wish I could see this movie again. "I was, like, "Emilio!"" :D

8. Takara

Media:
    I know the song, not the film. No idea why I thought I did.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gnarff... it's been four days...

10. Takara

Media:
    IJ time. Billy Idol - White wedding

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Wedding Singer?

12. Takara

Media:
    You got it. :D

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Stan Bush - The Touch

;)

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

c'mon, nobody knows this one?? :confused:

fine, hintage:

This was an in-continuity movie version of a popular series. (Read: one those ______:The Movie types of titles :p )

IIRC they played the song a couple of times throughout the movie, but they played practically (if not the whole song) in the final battle, after the protagonist stopped getting his ass handed to him and started to win the fight.

15. Takara

Media:
    Power Rangers - the movie? No clue but i've never seen ANY tv show made into a movie.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nope, think late 80s-early 90s Tak ;)

I'm not sure how popular this was over there in Europe, but it was extremely popular in the U.S and, as a result, here in the Philippines as well.

It also launched a couple of spin-offs and even a 3D spinoff iirc. It's still around now I believe, but its been so revamped from the original that I can't bear to watch any of the new stuff. Never bothered with the spinoffs either.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

wow, can't believe no takers :confused:

okay, last hints, if still nobody gets it from these i'll declare a stumper and post another.

The series in question was a cartoon and although this song was played in the "cartoon movie" version, a live action movie was released afterwards. The live action movie has it's own story and is not in-continuity.

18. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Based on your hints, not the song, I guess:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

19. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Transformers... The Movie?

I believe there's now a 3D cartoon, but I don't remember a live-action movie.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

you've got it Carcaroth.

And the live-action movie I was referring to was the one that came out just last month :D I just phrased it that way so that it wouldn't be too obvious.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.