1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most powerful PC made

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Wiegraf Folles, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good grief! It's amazing what will get us hot under the collar. :p

Wiegraf Folles, you obviously enjoy your approach to the game, and while for me it would become boring, I'm not about to tell you you're "doing it wrong". As for it being cheesy or cheating, well, we all have our opinions, but the fact that you've played the game right through several times means that you've at least worked for it. I once read a great definition of cheese/cheating, which went someting like "it's cheesy/cheating when I start to feel bad about it". If you're OK with it after hearing the pro's and con's, then that's fine by me. :)

2. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Finally, a voice of reason in this pit of madness

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Er, I think I was supporting you as well. In my own little way. By newbie - I meant you being new to the Boards ;)

4. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

Oops, sorry malovae. Forgot about you.

5. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Wiegraf Folles reminds me of metalmagi somehow :rolleyes:

(a n00b i met in gamespy arcade a year ago or so).

no offense meant though.

best character.......well........cant remember exactly, never been good at it.

vanilla paladin (undead hunter from bg2)
    str:20 (bg1 book + watchers keep)
    dex:20 (same)
    con:20 (same)
    int:13 (hell bonus - dream stat loss)
    wis:15 (hell bonus)
    cha:20 (bg1 book + watchers keep)

wielding bastard swords :D

my pally's useally ends up somewhere between 150 and 190 hp.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Wiegraf: Not meaning to resurrect a dead argument or anything, but you might want to try Icewind Dale II...it has Heart of Fury mode which was custom built for chaps like you who like power!! :cool:

Go ahead and try it...you get insanely powerful later on!

7. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

I might give it a try sometime

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    At least have the decency not to misquote people. You were shown a contradiction in your claim and explained it thoroughly. Plus, you're now feeding us straw - just because it's the way some people play, running through the game with a character whose all stats are 25 (there's even a built-in cheat for that) doesn't make it legitimate. Frankly, no one gives a dime about how you play, and no one cares if you cheat or not, but what people have against you is that you're not telling truth. basically, you're calling black white, sort of. Just because you call it differently doesn't change anything.

Also, you can't say that cheating depends on what everyone calls cheating. Why? Because you yourself said "without cheats". Got it or do I have to write it in all caps and surrounded exclamation marks? You said you had a specific character made without any cheats, to which people opposed, claiming that it actually was cheating. If anything is wrong with anything, it's with your head then. Sorry. Pay attention at least to what you say yourself if you won't pay any to what the other people tell you. That's a matter of basic consistency. Done with this topic.

9. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

i won't recant. I never cheated when i made my character. My character is well within my guidelines of whether it's cheating or not. I used no outsider programs to do what i did, all i did was play the game.

@chevalier And the highest wisdom you can get is 23, not 22

base 18: 3 tomes in bg/totsc,+1 for hell challenge,+1 for machine of lum the mad

10. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

With a quick command you can get whatever you want. Also done without any outside programs but this you consider cheating...?

And to all of you that criticize this guy, he's only out for the attention... either that or he´s plain stupid.

11. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think the attention-seeker is closest to the truth.

I was particularly amused by the comment, and I quote:

Had to laugh when I read that. So depending on your definition of what cheating actually is, you could get away with pretty much anything.

Assuming I came onto these boards and said my best character had 25,000 HPs and I had done this without cheating one little bit. All I had done was use Shadowkeeper which, as far I was concerned, wasn't cheating at all as it doesn't state specifically in the rules that using Shadowkeeper is cheating.

Would anyone actually buy that idea?

And, Wiegraf, you've still not answered the point several of us have raised quite a few times now, namely: isn't playing a game with a 40th level PC with maxed out stats that is designed for 7-8th level PCs just a bit on the tedious side? Name one enemy in SOA who could so much as challenge you with 518 HP and -20 for your saves. Sure, there might be a few in TOB who could give you a run for your money, but are you really saying you play all the way through SOA time and again without any kind of challenge?

But if cheating and then passing it off as "not cheating" (and even starting topics highlighting to the world how you're "not cheating") does it for you, go ahead. Be sure to let us all know when your PC, which you created without cheating at all, hits 1,000 HPs.

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Can this topic die now, please??

Wiegraf, don't say anything else about the matter; its just going to invite insult from people who have probably taken offense - for reasons stated above. I'm not posting here any more.

13. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

I'll say one last thing, Every time he gets better, i delete the bonuses with SK, so he'll never get above what i put at the begininning. OK, topic closed.

14. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, a mod has yet to comment on the direction this thread is taking.

I still hold out some hope (however feint) that this thread can ressurect itself and get back on track with the original topic. That topic being an invitation to post your most powerful character without cheating.

In any event, no more ad nauseum discussion of the veracity of Weigraf's claims, or anybody else's fantastic character, or any personal comments directed to one person that should be confined to PMs, or who's being intellectually dishonest, or whatever else isn't relevant to the original post.

15. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

(Edit) Um, somehow I didn't see that last post, but just want to point out one tiny thing.

I'm pretty sure that we'd all agree that using SK to give yourself stat-boosting items is cheating, right? Right.

Then how is it any different to literally go back in time to get the SAME items that you've already recieved?

That's why I disagree with Wiegraf's line of thinking. I could dual wield Celestial Furys or Crom Faeyrs and claim that I am not cheating because - *gasp* - I went through the entire game twice, so I must have earned it. No matter that walking my dog is a quest that would likely provide more difficulties.

Okay, As for the original question, I don't rate my most powerful characters by stats, but by their actually ability. My best mage with stats all down to 15 could still rip my best fighter a new one.

And btw, the most powerful character you've made? The only answers you'll get are the same stats over and over, maybe one off due to race. The only difference will be classes.

[ March 17, 2004, 21:25: Message edited by: Davaeorn ]

16. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

@Davaeorn Well, technically you can't get two because at the start of every new game(SoA), you lose all your equipment

17. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's irrelevant. Are you saying that if I could keep them that it would be legitimate? No. I was merely saying that your justification was partly that you deserved it because you didn't import them, you earned them. And that's not right.

Okay, enough, I never meant to attack your way of playing, God knows I cheat often enough to add spice, though I prefer the word "edit" ;) . I, as almost everyone here, merely wanted you to understand that you didn't fit into your own topic of non-cheating powerful-est characters.

GAhhhh! Now somebody kill the topic!

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I should kill you for keeping it going even after having been specifically told not to. Your reading deficiency is not an excuse, you should have edited your post to exclude what you were told not to write about. Now SHUT UP about this already!

19. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

Who are you talking to, me or Davaeorn?

[Davaeorn, obviously.] -Tal

[ March 17, 2004, 22:32: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well yeah, since I learned what variables to change in order to get a permanent Improved Alactrity effect, I've given that ability to all of my spell-using characters (that's 3 of which one I played through, only discovered that around 4-5 months back). Seems somehow fitting that a godchild would have the gift of casting magic the same way a lich does. Still, at the same time I've reduced the amount of people in the party (always before I've played with 6 people in), making the game just as challenging, only different.

Anyway, the most powerful character is something of an enigma to most of us I'm sure. Considering how many play completely different characters that can't be compared directly. I've often made complete support characters that were very powerful as groupmembers, but rather weak on solo. On the other hand, there's also the thing about remembering each stat, ac, hp, etc.

All I can say is a vague idea of how my strongest character was an elven F/M/T, using Dual-weapon fighting style, Vecna's robe and then some other cool items. Stats were somewhere around Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha - 15, 18, 15, 18, 14, 16 (he had extreme ability scores). Plus the extras you get from Lum's Machine and trials. I seem to remember his hitpoints where somewhere around 150-200. The only thing that made him stronger than the others really was the class combination. Magically boosting his own abilities enough to be able to take on an army. With Vecna's robe and that amulet (the name of which I don't remember) he was virtually undefeatable before all his spells had run out. The most annoyingly useless lout to build up, but certainly the most straightforwardly powerful in the end.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.