1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most hated actors

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

WHAT?! He is one of the best comical directors ever.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Meg Ryan - I used to like her, but I'm sick to death of her "gee whiz I'm so sweet and innocent" routine.

Tom Cruise - I have no idea why people like him. His "acting" always seems so forced and insincere.

I know I'm going to get fragged for this, but - Jack Nicholson. I've never understood what people see in him.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Adam Sandler
    Orlando Bloom

And most, if not all actors/actresses that were once singers/pop stars (and yes, that most definatly includes Snoop Dog)

EDIT: Oh, and Elijah Wood pisses me off

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Robin Williams - why does he tell that same lesbian and hotjoke in every movie that he has been in. Always plays the same part no matter what movie he appears in.

Robert Downey Jr - He is so annoying and ruins every movie he has been in. Always plays the same part.

Kiefer Sutherland - Always plays the part of a European. Once again always plays the same part.

Brad Pitt - worst Irish accent ever and too much of a pretty boy to take seriously.

Arnie, Bruce Willis, Sly - why do people take these 'actor's seriously.

Jim Carrey - He only did one good movie - (eternal sunshine) because he was not playing the part of Jim Carrey!

and the entire cast of the 'American Pie' franchise.

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If you hate those actors, fine. But to say they play the same part is a little wrong.

Robin Williams: 1 hour photo, What dreams may come, the Birdcage. 3 totally unrelated parts.

Kiefer Sutherland: The lost Boys, A time to kill. Both Americans, and both totally different

Robert Downy Jr: Bowfinger, Air America, Natural born killers. All totally different parts.

If you dont like an actor, that's fine. It's all personal choice afterall. Just going to point out when a reason might be wrong. ;)

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I hate Robin Williams as well, but What Dreams May Come is the best movie ever made.

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey! Leave Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise alone!

Sorry, the lawyer in me just couldn't resist.

:p ;)

Anyway, now that I thought about it, add Steven Seagal to my list. Always exudes smugness in every role that he players. Yuck ...

I'm inclined to add Jessica Simpson as well on account of what will surely be a hellaciously atrocious performance as Daisy in the remake of 'Dukes of Hazard'. Not that I'm actually going to see it mind you. I suppose in all fairness Ms. Simpson shouldn't be included until that travesty actually gets released. :rolleyes:

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I was just pointing out in general why I don't like the actors in questions. When I say they 'play the same part' I mean they always have the same personality and 'do not get in character'. Just my opinion - no-one has to agree with me.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    A fair point. It's why I hate John Wayne. He always plays John Wayne in a movie, and since I dont like him to start...

Same with Sean Connery. He always plays Sean Connery. We had a scottish Russian Sub captain, we had a Scottish Irish cop, we had a Scottish king Arthur.... the list goes on and on. The only good thing is that I like Sean. I'd still say that I didnt realise it was Robert Downy Jr in Natural born killers till the end credits.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I hate to admit but Robert Downy Jr was great in 'NBK'.

Don't forget the ancient Sean Connery movie where he was an Italian taxi driver - he still had his Edinburgh accent!

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Laertis

excellent observation, i've made it as well ;)

@Beren

you beat me to it, I was about to post the exact same thing ;)

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    William Shatner. Too over-the-top in everything he does. However, he was great as himself (the Great Big Head in Third Rock from the Sun).

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey, I know I'm not a moderator, but this thread is about telling which actors you dislike, not yelling at people for disliking someone you like.

14. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Keanu Reeves - he had some good movies like Speed and The Replacements (funny too), but his acting just really isn't good at all. In fact I'm was so convinced that the reason Neo was blinded in Matrix:Revolution was because KR didn't have the ability to emote in Trinity's dead scene. :grin:

Michelle Rodriguez - I find her sexy, and a pretty decent actress. I like her, it's just that she seems to be type cast as a thick-headed butt-kicking pouting girl... Girl Fight, Blue Crush, Resident Evil, Fast and Furious, SWAT. Can't she get a role of a sweet innocent little dainty chic?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.