1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most annoying?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by aerilon, Aug 14, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What is the most annoying(enemy) ability/spell in the game? I think it's level drain, personally. If we were speaking of most dangerous, I'd say the mind flayers devour mind int drain thing, but as for just annoying, gotta be level drain. It's a pest. I know there are ways to defend yourself from it, I just think it's a nuisance.

2. Daddys Little Madman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd have to agree and say that Level Drain is very annoying but I always felt that mind altering spells such as Domination and Dire Charm are equally annoying. I tend to rely on my strongest fighter a lot and having him run around mindlessly caused a few party member deaths.

3. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I find the Illithid's Intelligence Drain both most annoying and dangerous. Especially when I solo Fighters, which usually have very low Int.

4. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think its probably various members of Boards of Magick's ability to post inane threads.

5. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Imprisonment, then Maze.

If you are not a Mage (with enough memorized Spell Immunities), or a Barbarian/Berserker, you cannot counter it.

And what's most annoying, there are NO ITEMS that protect against it.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'd have to say Imprisonment. By far the most annoying spell, since if it's done to your PC, you have to reload. Granted, the fact that I just had to reload about a dozen times against a demilich might be clouding by judgement... :flaming:

7. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Level drain and INT drain.

8. Lord Ogre Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Imprisonment and Maze can easily be avoided by using a berserker rage or probably a barbarian rage... As I am a berserker myself and have Korgan with me, it is no problem at all... Just keep the rest of the party out of sight.

You can also turn into the slayer, which is immune to that too. Maze is not so bad I think, I have an Int. of 10, so usually it takes some time before I come back, but I also have Korgan and Sarevok as tanks and I can use Viconia with a AC of -10 as a tank too... :D

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Barbarian rage will not make you immune to imprisonment. Korgan and Minsc's both will.

10. Prince IseHeart Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] chunking and death are the most annoying by far. lol i hate picking up all the items and then reequipping when i die! and when a character gets chunked you just have to reload and that takes the cake. especialy if you were 2 hitpoints from winning.

11. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Imprisonment and level drain. I hated having to use a restore spell every time after the battle.

12. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Psionic Blast. This is a dangerous ability.
    Deflecting this ability is not very easy, indeed.

Imprisonment, Domination, , Confusion ,
    Level Drain - nothing interesting about them; they can be stopped in simple way (Spell Immunity, Magical Shields, Potions, Magical Items such as Shields, Helmets, Armors, etc.). :)

13. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Psionic blast is probably the easiest one to stop.
    Cast chaotic commands once and the spell will last long enough for you to clear an entire illithid lair.
    possibly ring free of action could also work

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Ring of free action does work. A character with this is immune to the psionic blast.

15. Astra Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Intelligence drain.

I've got the amulet and spells to protect from level drain, so it isn't so bad. It's also reversible with Restoration. Temporarily sucky, but nothing compared to int drain.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    For someone who likes a mage-heavy party like me, Level Drain is the ultimate annoyance.

Did you know that in SoA without ToB installed, Ctrl+R does not remove Level Drain, but with ToB it does?

Ara
    (Cheese, anyone?)

17. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My party is usually tanker heavy so my main problem is really usually Imprisonment. Once I had a party that consists of 3 fighters (minsc, valygar, korgan), one fighter/thief (me) and 2 clerics (viccy and anomen). It was fun but I didn't fight most of the liches since I can't save from maze or imprisonment...

:coffee:

18. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I find rather difficult to control three melee characters (all dualwielding :D ) so i'll probably throw one out .
    Ultimate pleasure is holding the enemy and let anomen crush the to death :grin:

To get to the topic i saz i'm troubled by most of those things couted above ;)
    Hardest problem is still int. drain 'couse there is no defence against it :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.