1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind released

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by idoru, May 5, 2002.

1. total Guest

:lol:

Well i did something similar but ordinator took them, and i noticed it way after that so i didnt want to reload. I got so used to steal that i forgot it was bad :)

I must remember that when i go to shop in my real life ;)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I bought an empty grand soul gem from a shop in Suran. There was a $60,000 filled grand soul gem in the Mages Guild in Balmora.

3. total Guest

This game keeps suprising me:

I went to Dragon Fell and entered the tower east of the town. Some jerks attacked me so i gave them swift death :cool: but on the top of the tower i tried to take some bonemold i think and the "game" gave me note that some bad pointer was deleted and that the game will crash, have a nice day!?! :confused:

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I need help!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    I can't figure out what character i should make! I have been restarting at least 13 times so far and i don't want to restart again :cry:

So any ideas? (Not too stupid please;))

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited June 16, 2002).]

5. total Guest

Which type do you want? If some custom i suggest:

Race: Mage - breton + attronach (more mana and great spell absorption (almost immune against other spell casters and stunted magicka is neutralised with good alchemy)

Warrior - didnt try, but noticed Lord (regenerate hp) and Lady? (+25 to endurance and something, personality?)

Prim:
    Alchemy - great skill that is "needed widely" and you need to have it at least 40 to make at least every 3rd potion and gives easy advance in levels
    Long Sword - or any weapon you wan to in the start (i prefer longswords but axes and blut are also nice)
    Heavy Armor - or med or light, but heavy gives best protection at cost of carry weight
    Restoration - most important defensive school of magicka
    2 other, try to put skills that need good start otherwise are heavy to advance (armorer, schools of magicka, sneak, lockpick, merchant...)

Secondary - well i played Battlemage so i put most of magicka schools - they are easy way to level up and need decent number of points to start (otherwise you will have trouble casting)

For Warrior or Thief you can put their skills like armorer, lockpick, stneak, block (not good choice since can be easily boosted with low level enemies). Avoid skills like Athletics, Acrobatics since they dont need high start to advance easily (in fact they advance faster in the beginning)

6. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

I think i want some fighter/talker/thief without any magical ablilities at all. It surprises me total, that you actually think alchemy is a good skill. In my opinion it's the lousiest of the magica skills. But that's just me.

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It seems that the game crashes depend on your system... for me the game crashes maybe one every 30 hours or so (I've been playing about 10 hours a day for the last week, 2 crashes). After playing daggerfall, that's just nothing. Others talk about crashes every other hour, and if I had that happening I think I'd be more frustrated, but as it is now, no worries.. you should quicksave all the time anyway, so it's not that bad when it crashes.

Actually that's one of the ways to tell this is a great game: when other games, like daggerfall, crashed, I just got tired of it and played some other game for a while, with this game I just start again at once. It's very addicting once you're sitting there playing.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have had absolutely no problems with the game. I've never had a crash, never got stuck anywhere that I couldn't move. It's been great so far.

9. total Guest

Why is Alchemy best:

"Materials" (don't know how to say it) are found all over the Vvardenfell, almost every dead enemy has it and most of them are really cheap. You dont need any bottles. You need only two items with same spell ability. You have large spell variety so it lowers your need for mana. Potions made with level 50 cost around 90gp and with skill of 100 175gp so its great way of making money or even paying with it since most of "general stores" accept them. And great example is fine alchemist in balmora: buy some materials from him, make potions and sell them back for all 3000 he has every day. Then buy more materials for yourself: i'm not 100% precise but with skill 80 and above you can make exp. levitate that would cost more than 350 mana points and you would need very high alternation skill even to cast it. And at the same time you can easily make potions that restore more than 200 manapoints. That is why Alchemy is "must have" for a mage.

But since you want a Fighter/Thief/speech, well instead of any mage skill put: (only my suggestion)
    Prim:
    Long Blade
    Short Blade -Edit: i don't see reason except the "feeling" because i didn't notice that there is some special bonus for backstab and even if there is, it is very hard to sneak to an enemy from the back! Blunt weapons are better choice since they often knock down the enemy and he becomes easy prey.
    Security
    Lockpick
    Sneak
    Merchant

Sec:
    Med Armor
    Speechcraft - if you have money or power or both people will love you no matter how lousy talker you are ;)
    Block - easily boosted so i didn't put it in primary
    next 3 would be magical since i cant play completly non magical character so this is on you, but i think that all important skills are here. Maybe Armorer or another weapon.

[This message has been edited by total (edited June 17, 2002).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I play with a redblabla pure fighter with Long Blade... I like it :) Just unintelligent hack and slash...

11. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Actually there is a backstab bonus. If I remember it right it's a *4 damage multiplier, but it goes for any weapon, so shortblade is pointless in that sense.

12. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

This is the character i have made:
    Race: Nord
    Class: Heavy hitter (Fighter type)
    Best attributes: Luck and Endurance.
    Major skills: Axe, Blunt, Heavy armor, Armorer (Useless) And one more thing i just can't remember it.
    Minor skills: stealth, security, speechcraft, merchant and one more thing i can't remember.

He is indeed a heavy hitter!

13. DinoTiggy1 Guest

I was wondering, is it so good that I should get it, because It is soooo hard trying to chose between either Dungeon Siege or Morrowind?

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Dungeon Siege is Diablo with fancy graphics more or a less.

Morrowind is a fabulous game with lots of quests and such like and is just generally brilliant. :)

15. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Dungeon siege its just bullshit...

go for morrowind...

16. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Morrowind is indeed the better choice, unless you really adore the hack'n'slash kind of play.

17. total Guest

I cant see how those two games can be compared? It depends on what you like, but i think that dungeon siege is nice game but its far from Diablo 1 which was my favorite (i still don't know why didn't they make more add on-s?). If you like games from first perspective (could be compared to Might&Magic series) and you like having a lot of freedom playing the game (morrowind is very non-linear), go for Morrowind. I can remember one game that is at least similar (non-linear quests) -> Deus Ex: You have objection, but it's up to you how you do it!

18. DinoTiggy1 Guest

I am so glad I took your advice people, Morrowind, 3 days old. I was mucking around and made a Kahjit(sp?) Assassin, and he's not doing badly. I am trying to find that cube thing. I have been wondering around, and I want to join a guild, but which one/s?

I am in the thieves guils, and have done all of the quests availiable in Balmora, and have also joined the mages guild, but don't ask why. But there are some nice an' easy quests there, like collecting mushrooms and flowers.

Is there anything I can do to level up heavily, other then going out in to the wilderness? I mean around the area of Balmora and the starting area.

PS is there actually any one who gives the money that you find at the beginning, the wood elves, you know the one who has the ring of healing. When you find his cash (spoiler) in the hollow tree stump in that green pond. Do you share it with the other guy or keep it?

19. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Basically, to level up, you just use your abilities, or if you have the money, you can pay for training. You level up when you've increased you abilities 10 times (I think just your major or minor abilities). Your Athletics skill is one of the easiest to increase; just run all over the place.

20. total Guest

Maybe, but after skill 20 you will need a lot of runing to gain skill up. The easiest skill to increase is Acrobatics: don't just jump, by falling you gain more points! (you will need 5 good falls to get skill up).

As for Athletics, swimming is better!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.