1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind released

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by idoru, May 5, 2002.

1. total Guest

You mean Ghostgate?

Mentor Ring? Where did you get it? I like how it sounds.

[This message has been edited by total (edited June 10, 2002).]

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Total - no, the Ghostgate is the only entrance into the area which is enclosed by the Ghostfence. The Ghostfence looks amazing :)

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The Ghostfence is especially impressive during an ash storm. All that roiling orange dust is very cool. The clear sky version is nice, but no where near as cool as the storm version.

Ghostgate itself is interesting, but the Ghostfence is the real sight and you don't have to be at Ghostgate to see it. It surrounded the entirety of Red Mountain.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

4. total Guest

Wow, i must stop by, never saw it because i diliked Molag Amur region so i turned back.

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

You can get there from the Ashlands, too. Though they aren't much prettier than Molag Amur. Though maybe you meant the Ashlands anyway, since Molag Amur really doesn't get that close to Red Mountain. :)

aloha
    Vormaerin

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Talking of Molag Amur, did anyone solve the riddle of the abandoned Dwarven city? I'm talking about the abandoned/ruined city surrounded by lava (I didn't catch the name) that was inhabited by a few dwarven ghosts and guard robots. I ferreted around and found loads of leaking pipes, cogs and strange machines but couldn't find any means of fixing anything. I did find some schematics but was unable to do anything with them (I did try reading them but nothing happened). Anyway, I gave up in the end but felt sure there must have been something else there.

I'm also beginning to wonder if I'm missing loads of stuff. Basically I keep finding places, exploring, killing everything within (they keep attacking me) and then having nothing really happen. Presumably there is more to these places than just some naff items in boxes. Because of this, I've decided to pick up the main quest again to get some direction.

7. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Sorry, I need the name of the dwarf city to be much help. There are about six dwarf ruins and several more daedric ones in Molag Amur. :) I haven't been in all of them, but the there was at least one with schematics that is part of a guild quest. It may be that the quest set up isn't active until you get the quest. Some quests are like that, though most you can stumble on randomly (usually causing some sort of buggy result--my favorite was being thanked for solving the murder of a man I didn't even know was dead. The gold was nice, though. :))

Anyway, a number of the non quest related dwarf ruins are pretty small and don't serve much purpose other than looking cool. This might be one of them.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

[This message has been edited by Vormaerin (edited June 12, 2002).]

8. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I know what you mean slappy. Early in the game I just looked at the map that comes with the game to see if there were any cool ruins nearby, and just went to have a look. It was fun and all, but I also noticed that it was hardly ever worth it lootwise. Anyway, as I started doing more quests later on, especially telvanni quests, I was assigned to find stuff in those ruins... some of it was loot that I had found and sold weeks ago, and of course I couldn't remember where. Actually, I was asked to find some schematics for a dwemer ruin called nchuleft (same as the book, chronicles of nchuleft, which has at least two quests attached to it). The problem was, I had been through the dungeon earlier, and could find no maps or schematics. I still don't know what do to about that quest, I guess that's where the editor comes in handy, you can basically just spawn in another copy of those schematics somewhere convenient. I think you should be able to find their location in the game world too, but I haven't figured that part out yet.

9. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Umm, the schematics aren't in Nchuleft. They are in Nchuleftingth, which is a different dungeon. :) This is the one with the archeologist, his bored daughter, and the missing guide.

Well, actually, there are schematics in other places, too, but that's the quest specified one.

Also, treasure and monster spawns in most dungeons are loosely tied to character level. So going through some places really early isn't necessarily useful. That same ruin later might spawn Golden Saints or Dremora Lords instead of scamps and hungers.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

[This message has been edited by Vormaerin (edited June 13, 2002).]

10. total Guest

Hi all!

This game is huge!!! I played Daggerfall but i never got in it as in Morrowind. So here are my problems: im searching for some rare book and cant find it (Vampires of Vvardenfell vol 2), where should i look? And i have problem with some early Fighters Guild Quest, i need to get some book (code book i think) from a guy in Balmora (or girl) but hi is in Thieves Guild and so am I, and i dont want to be expelled because of attacking a fellow member. So is there any way of doing this so both sides are happy or do i have to choose sides? (i dont like thieves guild but i think in this case they are the good guys, and so am I, or I'm trying to be ;) )

Thanks!

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Trying asking about that book in some rare book shops like Jobasha's (Sp?) Bookshop in the Lower Waistworks in the Foreign Quarter of Vivec.

As for the codebook, you can steal it and then pay to get back into the Theives Guild, but if you're trying to roleplay then you should choose considering how giving the codebook to the Fighters Guild endagers the Theives Guild. Anyway, this game is great. A couple more jobs for the Theives and I will be a master theif :D.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I seem to recall reading a book about Vampires... Did you check the bookshop in Balmora?

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Doh! about selling stuff that is quest specific. I hope I haven't but who knows. In BG I got into the habit of always selling interesting stuff in the same place (not caring about the deal I got) to make sure I could find it again if necessary. Some games (can't rememeber which off hand) do warn you against getting rid of quest specific stuff. I guess though when a game is very open ended it would be impossible to predict if you would take on a quest and so they wouldn't want to prevent you from flogging stuff. A warning would be nice though.

On the subject of dealing with loot, is it safe to store stuff so you don't have to cart it all around. I got quite excited when I saw some abandoned handcarts on a bridge into some dwarven ruins. I thought I might be able to use them but no joy. Anyway, I was thinking you could store potions in a central place and use it as a resupply base between missions. I'm guessing somewhere like in a guild room in a crate or something. I haven't tried it and won't get a chance to play tonight so wondered if anyone knew. I suppose you might get done as a thief if you go ferreting around in crates though.

14. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

total:
    you can get the codebook without killing or stealing. If her rating towards you goes over 80 or so she'll just give it to you... so, if your speechcraft rating is low, just bribe her, 10 gold at a time, if it's high you might wanna try admiring or intimidating, for fun.. it costs like 30 gold in bribes anyway.

slappy:
    If you leave something on the ground anywhere in morrowind, it stays there. No matter where you put it. I guess it's bad for realism, coz you can just dump some daedric gloves in the middle of the thieves guild, leave for 4 months, and when you come back they'll still be lying there.

15. total Guest

Idoru: There is honor among thieves :) . Someone from the guild (some trainer that doesn't have nothing smarter to do than to stand there 24/7 and he is your watchdog :lol: )he saw that YOU put that there and if someone else (passenger thief or not) took it he would be accomplice in stealing so he would be kicked out!

If you want to think about realism, well i can talk all day how bad it is :) Of course i think the game is great but you can always find something!

And about that book, well i stole it but she than attacked me and i killed her. She attacked first so i was charged for pick pocketing only :lol: . I love that logic, and hey it is just like in real life, she didn't have authority to kill me just because i took some book!

I couldn't do that with persuasion because i was member of a thieves guild so she told me some background story about war among guilds... blah.. blah... Anyway it is sad that you cant quit.

And you can put your things all over the game, i prefer mages guilds that are like my storages because of teleports!

And my advice: Alchemy rocks! Endless money supply and its legal and you have feeling like you are traveling agent :) And it's great for strong and expensive "duration" spells like cure blight d., levitate, restore hp/mana...

[This message has been edited by total (edited June 15, 2002).]

16. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've decided to hold off on getting this game until patches are released and stability is improved.. also the twin 500-lb gorillas of NWN and IWD2 are about to hit stores, heh. :) So after a while, count me in as an adventurer of Morrowind. :)

17. total Guest

Did you notice any bugs in this game? (Ok except stucking that is easily solved with fixme command)?

Sometimes i fell through the floor while jumping all over the place (faster than running) and sometimes it just stops (usually after long play so it is probably in the memory loss)

And i have new book problem :shame:(i just hate those book quests) well i cant find Galur Rithari's Papers (is it a book at all?). Guy from rare books in Vivec told me to search in Halls of Justice and that the library is well hidden, so it is! :) I searched in both halls of justice and wisdom but cant find anything! :mad:

Please help, thanks!

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Total, my friend was having trouble with finding that library the other day too. It's not a secret libarary for nothing you know ;). It's in the Justice Offices I believe. There is a room with two main guys. There is a door on the floor that is partially covered by a rug. The door is in the top right hand part of the room. The door on the floor is trapped and is locked, so you better be good at sneak.

19. total Guest

Thanks, it took 30 min. just to find that book in that library.

I need gems, but noone sells them so where could i get some high quality grand soulgems?

And how often does guild supply crate refill?

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Most mage guilds and Telvanni areas have soul stones lying about... and if they just so happen to fall into your pocket when no-one is looking then I don't think anyone minds particularly :D. Although don't go trying to enchant something when you have a gem belonging to the person who's enchanting the item in your inventory. I've heard that really annoys them. You could also try looking in some of the tombs and ruins scattered around the place.

About the guild chests, I have no idea.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.