1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind, dissapearing elf?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Gehn, May 7, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

K, so i'm doing my Thieves guild, Bal Molagmer quests...i'm on the one where you have to steal Brallion's ring, some wood elf slaver. I go find him inside the inn near Sadrith Mora market. I see him and think all is good. I stop and get some training off someone in the room before i talk to him...after the customary 2hrs of training pass...HE'S GONE! I cant't find him, he has just dissapeared :confused: This isn't supposed to happen, right?
    Anyway, suggestions please :)

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Try checking the entire inn, often they'll just walk upstairs or round a corner or something.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, NPC's usually wander around a bit, they hardly ever stay in the same place.

Anyone remember those folks that can train some of your skills ? You click "train", and before you're done ad ready for the next session, he's on the other side of the room. Sometimes they simply won't stand still. :D

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Another possibility is one I had happen to me, it's that the NPC was plased badly and fell through the floor. Don't laugh, I saw it happen right in front of me once. If this happens on a higher floor of a building, then there is no prob and the NPC will be just on floor lower, though with less life. But if this happens on a place where there's nothing but void under it, then the NPC fell to his/her death and the only way to recover is through a previous save or use the console cheats to respawn the NPC.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hey, noone's laughing, i fell through the floor numerous times myself. It happens a lot in Vivec. One time i fell through the floor of the Foreign quarter and landed in the vicinity of the fletcher shop, which was okay since i was heading there anyway, but another time i fell through the stairs that lead to the Palace, and i landed in the water. Very annoying when stuff like that happens.

6. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Well i know about the npc's moving about, i did check everywhere in the inn. So i'm thinking that the "fall through the floor" idea is the most plausable. Haha that is such a ridiculous bug. Oh well, anyone have the commands i can use to respawn? Oh, and how i enter them if you could be so kind (i suck at all that stuff).

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    About half way through my game I noticed that the Silt Strider Keeper in Ald-ruhn was no longer at the top of the strider ramp but actually behind it at the Silt Striders feet!

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Enter the console (key above the tab) and type ra then press enter. it will reset all npc's to their original positions with no harm to your game. If you have xbox version, i think your screwed unless they appear back from the abyss. I always had a problem with the orc lady from the Balmora mages guild, as she had a nasty habit of doing the side step into a well placed wall which is bad because she is vital to the main quest.

9. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Thanks alot Malovae!

10. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] :yot:

Sorry for asking but a friend preferred stand-alone Morrowind above the more expensive Full version, including the 2 updates. Do the updates actually make the game more pleasant? Probably, but does it matter a lot, like NWN. Please compare it with the updates from NWN.

11. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I take it you mean the expansion packs. If so, they do add alot more to the game - the updated journal system is much better than the original games'. On top of that, there are alot of downloadable plugins that require the expansions and these can make the game so much better.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.