1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind Comes Alive

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Nakia, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Since I'm back playing Morrowind because it doesn't bother my eyes I decided to download the mod "Morrowind Comes Alive" by Neoptolemus. To quote, more or less from the description "It adds over 1000 NPCs randomly appearing and disappearing to over 300 cells" Most of these NPCs are friendly, there are some traveling traders with pack quars and some very nasty bandits that can attack you in the towns or the countryside. Very nasty. The mod also adds some new items, capes, scarves, gloves and other things.

I also activated his Guard patch mod that makes the guards attack anything that attacks you in their vicinity.

Added his recruitable NPCs which adds 64 NPCs that can join you. Warning, may be adult content here since your PC can make love with certain NPCs if their disposition is high enough.

Currently I have an Argonian mercenary and a Khajiit thief following my Redguard. I have a problem with the thief becuase when I choose the lockpick training topic I get an error message that some sound can't be found and should the script continue to run? yes or no. If I choose yes the game CTDs. Have no idea how to fix it.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've played this mod for a bit now and have a few comments.

I like having the added people since Morrowind is a bit lacking in people. There are a few more people to meet in the streets even if they don't give you more information. Seems as if I meet a dis portioned amount of rogues but :) maybe I'm just sensitive to rogues for some odd reason. Traveling traders and farmers pop up in the towns to sell you various things. Fences appear offering to barter with you. Picks and probes mostly but they will buy most anything. None of that malarkey about not trading with you because you have some moon sugar or skooma stashed away in your (wishfully backpack which they can't possibly see. I guess the assumption is you dump everything out for them too look at. Ha! My PCs aren't that dumb.

It also adds people to the wilderness. Sometimes a group or some soldiers of some faction and a few stray traveler's. Makes the countryside seem less uninhabited. However it also adds some really tough bandits and other things such as phantom warriors and sixth house beings that can wipe you before you can draw sword or cast spell. Archers with high powered arrows that I have learned to evade by hiding behind rocks or trees until I can buff up and prepare.

Now for the Companion mod. I think the modder based getting a companion on reputation. I finally managed to get an archer who wasn't picky but at level 29 and rep of 16 (I'm doing a lot of exploring this game) My PC gets turned down as "too inexperienced???) You can hire mercenaries early but they wanted 500 drakes for two weeks??? The mod uses faces from one of the beautiful people mods and my archer companion is a gorgeous nord. Trouble is I LIKED the Nords in Morrowind. I'm one of those people who likes people to look normal ...um.. well maybe not normal but every one shouldn't be young and drop-dead gorgeous.

Now if Sloth had made a clothing mod for Morrowind I might appreciate him more. One of her outfits from Oblivion would make him well worth looking at. Tsk, tsk granny back to your wheel chair time for your sedative. :spin:

correction: your PC may be no less than 10 levels below the person you wish to recruit. A level 10 PC can recruit a level 20 NPC but not a level 30. So how come I've only met one level 10 NPC?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  3. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Yeah AlienSlof's Goth Shops are great(IMO) but i can see why you wouldn't want your Nord Archer to wear stuf like that. :D

Although in one of the Goth Shops you can get Sephirots armor which could fit a Nord in Morrowind. You would have to roleplay the part that Nords are imune to cold when you reach Solstheim but still.

4. Nakia

Media:
    :lol: Amdis, my dancing boy in Oblivion Kvatch Aftermath is wearing the Egyptian 'armor'. But he stays inside. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.