1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mixed signals

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The problem is, if a relationship goes bad, you can avoid the person simply by, well, avoiding them. But that’s not so easy in a co-worker situation. It also puts some pressure on your other co-workers, because they might feel like they have to take sides.

“The option of being mature and grown up and professional about it”, while great in theory, realistically isn’t going to apply to all people and/or all situations.

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "If the relation goes bad" usually isn't a good state of mind to begin a relation with anyway.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    lol well I've decided to just sit back and let the situation simmer. At least some sexual tension makes the working day a little more interesting. It was fun getting all your opinions on the matter though.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm late to the party, but I'm gonna weigh in anyways. I like bluntness -- the hell with finesse. I like a woman to say: "hey, are you interested in dating?" Then you can get all the questions asked and answered and go on to having fun, be it on a dating basis or a friendly non-romantic co-worker basis.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    lol LKD - I guess I'm a mix of shy and blunt at the same time. Given my past with men I've become more tentative about approach. And I'm still getting mixed signals so I don't have the confidence to ask him out. Just when I decided yesterday that I was just going to forget about him because he seemed to be avoiding me, I walked around a corner and he gave me a look and a smile and a "hey" that seemed unmistakable in it's intent. And today he came into the back and was talking to a few of us about something (I really don't remember what) and he held my gaze for a number of seconds. I was the one who looked away this time. And then ... things were awkward again towards the end of the day. I have enough stuff in my life to drive me crazy right now ... do I really need this as well?

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just out of sheer curiosity, how many women of that particular kind did you meet?
    I never have.
    And I cannot imagine the opposition making the date-game that easy. ;)

7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Darion, not nearly enough! But I used it on some women. Some found my bluntness disconcerting, others enjoyed not having to do the Dating Dance for weeks before finally having the subtle signals understood.

I found a lot more women who were more likely to shoot me down in a flaming blaze of glory when I was trying to be subtle and patient. Sometimes it pissed me off, but other times I appreciated the fact that she didn't get a lobster dinner out of me before saying she'd rather be "dating" some multiple rapist who is incarcerated for 47 years.

Dice likes this.
  8. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just let them know I'm already taken.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Don't know how to respond to that one, Drew!

As for mixed signals, I was thinking the other night of a short story I read a long time ago -- it was likely an inspiration for that Simon Pegg movie about the Inventiion of Lying. IIRC, the story was called "Veritas" and no one in the society lied. People were very open, and a man would say to a woman "I find you sexually attractive and would like to have sex with you, but your personality drives me nuts. Would you like to have casual sex?" and the woman would reply "yes, the sex sounds fun but your personality also aggravates me, so we have a deal!" and no one got offended or called HR or stalked anyone. Sounds like utopia to me!

I could be remembering details of the story wrong, though.

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I suppose you're hinting on the Incarcerated part? As in "taken into custody"? :p

That was Ricky Gervais. Cool movie, still. The story you told reminded me of this vid.

Not really suitable for work, I guess

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  11. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Was joke. I'm actually a 14 year old Japanese girl with pigtails, a camera, and a bad sense of humor. I get off on making people think I'm a male pervert in his mid-30's currently doing hard time for a serial rape conviction. :)

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  12. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Never realized we had so much in common!

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just so everyone knows, that was "boring stuff."

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.