1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mistborn sequel

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by The Great Snook, Jul 27, 2007.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    For those of you who liked Mistborn ( I know I did), there is a sequel coming out in late August.

From Amazon

Merlanni likes this.
  2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Seriously?! Awesome, I loved Mistborn! Brandon Sanderson is an awesome author.

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have read that some people were disappointed with the second book, but I just finished it and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the third book already.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just started the third book of the series. So far I'm very pleased with it. I just wish I had more time to read. I hate being pulled in a dozen different directions.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I ordered the second, but alas they were out of stock so I have to re-order it. I also enjoyed Mistborn quite a lot and I think Sanderson might actually pull off finishing WoT with grace.

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    We can only hope. I just hope I don't have to re-read all of the WOT books before the finale. I would hate to have quit my job to do so. :D

7. Saber

The third one is out?! Jeez, I am behind times, I must pick that up soon.

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just finished the third book and I have to tell you it was a very good ending to a very good series. Without giving anything away, Sanderson may have left an opening for further books in the series, but if he decides he doesn't want to, his fans will be more than happy.

9. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Unfortunately I've started reading them already, causing a rather large deficit of work towards my dissertation, on book 9 after 3 weeks though...

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have lots of respect for "power readers". I miss those days :o

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    All that talk albout Mistborn got me curious. Got the first and it starts well.

The Great Snook likes this.
  12. Saber

I finished the third and loved it. The ending left me so happy for some reason. It was a spectacular way to end the series.

The second and third are not very much like the first, though.

The Great Snook likes this.
  13. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Finished the first one, and am pleased. It was a while ago that I read something that compelled me to read on.

This is stuff for a franchise.

14. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    For those who haven't given this series a shot, Amazon has a deal going. Although I recommend using Tal's link this way SP gets a couple of bucks. :D

15. Merlanni

Media:
    Part two was good. Got book 3 and waiting for the right time.

16. Saber

Man, I loved the 3rd. I am probably going to reread them all this winter break.

His facebook page said he was 'holding the filming contract to Mistborn' or something of the sort, so a potential movie series could be coming.

And apparently he is planning on writing 3 more... probably starting in 2012. Not sure how he can, considering the way he wrapped them up.

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This was just posted on Sanderson's facebook page

Woot!

18. Saber

Another one?! I thought he wrapped it up nicely. But it sells well, so it makes sense to continue it. I hope someone makes a movie out of them - each time I read them I imagine them as a movie. But his website says not to write a screenplay without permission from his agent, so I will not try, although I want to.

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Funnily enough, it was just a few days ago that i was idly figuring out which actor should play which person.
    I think it'd make a terrific movie!
    Thing that could stand out the most IMO, is Steel and.. Iron? ( Pushes and Pulls anyway). Since they film a lot of aerials on cables, it could, for once, look proper physics. They're after all, identical forces.

I also didn't see a sequel coming at all. The whole trilogy is such a neatly wrapped deal that it didn't make sense. A prequel, perhaps. Sequel couldn't help but continue in the "fixed/restored" world. While Allomancy, Hemalurgy and Feruchemy would remain, without the dying world and difference of primal forces... It takes a lot out of it. I guess a suitable nest of trouble could brew up 300 years after the Hero of Ages.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.