1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missing Watcher's Keep lvl1 statues

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bsisi, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Bsisi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Playing the BG2 ToB with G3 fixpack. I'm a solo warrior(21)-Illusionist(18) in the Act 2 of BG2. On the first level I see 6 statues:
    -2 warriors who attack you when you place a bell or candle on the altar
    -Gnoll
    -Golem
    -Archer
    -Thief

I remember that in a previous game I had at least a mage too, and I think that number of statues was even higher.
    What's bad about it is that I didn't get Foebane that I planned to use. :(
    Any ideas aside from granting myself Foebane with Shadow Keeper?

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you go to the Watcher's Keep at a relatively low level, there will be less statues guarding the gate to the second level. The one that has Foebane should always be there, though. If memory serves, he's one of the statues that come to live once you place the items on the altar (but before you perform the ritual). If you arrive at high level, I believe there are four statues that come alive when you do this - two fighters and two spellcasters - at lower level there are only two - the two fighters.

Dan Simpson's guide seems to disagree with me here, though, and says you get Foebane from one of the statues that come alive after performing the ritual.

It has happened to me that one of the statues, after coming to life, somehow clips into the level or something and I can't find them anymore. This especially seems to happen around doors - just yesterday I had a mummy apparently disappear in Firkraag's dungeon, also stuck in a door, though I could still damage it through area of effect spells. If this happened to you, though, I don't think the portal to the second level would open because you need to kill them all.

It also occasionally happens to me that I kill an enemy in a door opening and consequently I can't reach the loot because clicking anywhere in that area will activate the door rather than pick up the loot. You should still be able to see it lying there if you use Tab, though.

3. Bsisi Gems: 5/31

There's nothing laying on the ground there either. :(
    Though I rested between the fights...I don't think it's the case because I should have checked whether I got loot, but I'm not 100% sure...have to redo the level and check.

I've seen it before too, but it's not the case. I've had an autosave before entering the tower and checked that there were just as few statues when I entered.

Yeah, I know the problem. And there's a variation of it that always annoys me at the Umar Hills Temple Ruins, where a statue has a container in one eye, but the blue "talk to me" circle prevents me from looking into it. Though it now occurred to me that I might try to stat drain the statue...Hmm weird, but might work. TODO.
    Anyway, this is not the case here.

---------- Added 0 hours, 43 minutes and 10 seconds later... ----------

It wasn't exactly replaying the level; getting the candle was simple and quick. No, the 2 statues didn't have Foebane.

4. The Cow King Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You can open the eye container after you've completed the ritual riddle, and iirc, you also had to talk to the statue one more time after it. Then the blue circle disappears (meaning you can't talk to the statue anymore), enabling you to open the eye container.

5. Bsisi Gems: 5/31

Thanks for the info.

6. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

You can also go far enough away so that the blue circle is no longer showing (covered by the fog of war) and hold tab so that the eye glows. Since it is covered by fog of war you can just click on the highlighted area and you will walk over and open the eye.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.