1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Missing Items: spoiler requests

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gonzago, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Discard those people's posts. They got it from SK or from mods. There is only one possibility to get it legally though. From a scratched CD that reads one byte wrong. I guess that could also be called - random.

The real lists of random items (including weapons) to get in SoA is pretty big, but there is no sw1h37 in table entries.

2. Ex, I know not if this is completely right, but looking in my strategy guide, it says, under Taragarth +2(sw1h37) that it can be found on a Drow merchent in Ust'Natha. And I believe I remember getting it or atleast seeing it on one of them.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31

The only thing that crosses my mind is that it was supposed to be at the Drow merchant that sells Harbinger, Firetooth and Sentinel. This store is already bugged (sells unlimited amount of Harbingers) so it wouldn't surprise me if Bioware "forgot" to put that sword there.

Sorry, but no Taragarth at Drow merchants (checked them all).

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 21, 2002).]

4. B20 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] yes i checked all the sto files using NI too.. could it be that the sword 'becomes' available through some peculiar scripting?.. like with items such as albruin that dont appear in that characters inventory or on their corpse..?

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, I haven't used NI but the saved game file with Viconia Stutter problem.

And no, there is no such possibility because I've runned hex editor over whole Data folder in search for files that contain - sw1h37.

6. B20 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] could u try doing the same for sw1h34?

[This message has been edited by B20 (edited May 22, 2002).]

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Yes, as a matter of fact I can.

1st occurence - items.bif
    Well, all existing items with effects data must be in here.

2nd entry - default.bif
    That item obviously has some abilities and tooltips on those are inside TOOLTIP.2DA which is inside default.bif file. By hex editor look, the sword is actually Albruin+1 (ResRef 3161) and has special ability Detect Invisibility (12042).

3rd entry - dialog.bif
    Obviously, this item can be gained only by talking to someone. Hex editor shows that the creature who will provide it is UDTRAP02 - EXCUSE ME?!?! :eek:
    IIRC these creatures are always hostile (drow imprisonment machine)...
    Well, just a min till I see the complete dialog (with WeiDU, of course)...

Surprise, it is Raevilin Strathi and he will give the forementioned sword to nearest party member if someone casted on him Heal spell. But not any kind of Heal. This must be Clerics' Heal (level 6 spell) - not some innate ability or some other healing spell.

Well, that was a new one to me, definetly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  8. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I miss Life-Stealer Dagger+4.... I don't know where it is. I can get it from a cheat, and I know I saw it in BGI( it looks like Soultaker)

9. B20 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] yes.. its rarely known.. unusual way of obtaining something i guess.. (thats what got me thinking about taragarth).. but thats the beauty of this game.. theres always something new to learn about..

now i was wondering if you could check one last thing for me.. if thats ok.. its commonly believed that arkanis gath wields the sword killsw01 but in fact if you look at his inventory he actually wields the sword stdeath (has the appearance of a regular ss of backstabbing)..

so is the famous killsw01 just purely a joke weapon?.. is it actually used in the game..?

thanks again

[This message has been edited by B20 (edited May 23, 2002).]

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

This is so strange that after all this time you ask that...

I mean, the answer on that I gave long ago here (read it all, it has some nifty info I believe): http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002772.html

In short, yes, Arkanis' sword is STDEATH.
    The killsword is not used anywhere in the game.
    But I bet it Killsword was planned to be a part of Deirdre's stash ;)

11. Zakar Gems: 1/31

Ex - I thought KillSword was used by that guy who backstabs your entire party if you doublecross Aran Linvail when working for him.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

No, the sword used in that episode is STDEATH as I've posted.
    Read the whole saga about it in the link above. Data needed to test it and prove it is included in the thread.

Killsword is not used by Bioware anywhere. God knows if that sword is just another Dave G.'s joke.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 23, 2002).]

13. B20 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] thats what i suspected.. thanks..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.