1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Might and Magic VII crashing

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Disciple of The Watch, May 28, 2006.

1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Why not install Mok's patch? It should allow you to run the game in 3D for added fun! (well, I think the only noticeable change is the coloured lighting, but it's still fun). Also, I think the patch fixes some gameplay issues that NWC never got around to, so it's really a good thing to have it on.

Yes, the MM's got progressively easier in each arc. MM1 was insanely hard, then the games got easier and easier until World of Xeen. Then MM6 was hard, MM7 was easier, and MM8 was laughably easy (and it gets even easier with one dragon in the party, never mind 3 or 4).

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Worthy of notice that I somehow stumbled on a way to remain independant - I took both Parson and Catherine's quest, and you have thirty days to do them, and I went to concentrate on promotions quests, so the deadline expired without my doing any of their quests, and I got the trumpet thing event anywa, brought it back to judge Grey, and was approached by a messager to announce Judge Grey's death. I then went back to Castle Harmondale, and noticed no flag where the human/elf flag would be. The only flag in my castle is that of Deyja, since I took the dark path.

Let the quests time out appearantly works if you want to remain independant, even though the history book still mentions either "Peace, X wins".

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If you complete both quests successfully, or betray both rulers, or don't complete either quest, then whoever gets the trumpet wins. I think you can deviate from this by helping one ruler and not the other, at which point whoever you help wins, as long as the trumpet goes to Harmondale. I've never tried helping one and giving the trumpet to the other, so I don't know who would win in that scenario.

4. Disciple of The Watch

I got a screenshot in Castle Harmondale on the Path of Dark, shortly after performing the four advisors quests... it clearly displays Deyja's flag, and that's it - no human or elf flag. I'll post it up sometime.

Guess what - the same bug in the Red Dwarf Mines also happens in Clanker's Lab. I can't enter the rooms stuffed with alchemical stuff, or the game crashes. Also, if I enter the control room to lower the shields, when I try to get out of the room, the game crashes. Telekinesis comes to the rescue, fortunatly... but the bug popped up AGAIN, in *Colony Zod*, so I *cannot* complety the ****ing game! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It oh SO pisses me off!

5. Disciple of The Watch

DS, I have succesfully got MM7 to run on my bro's computer, which is a Prescott P4 2.8 GHz, running XP Pro with DirectX 9.0c.

Here's how I did it:

I installed MM7, shrugging off the supposedly "Failed" check of DX. Once MM7 was done installing, I cracked in Mok's patch. Then, right-click on the MM7 icon, go to the "Compatibility" tab, run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode, and disable Visual Themes. MM7 runs like a champ, full hardware acceleration enabled. It might work, give it a shot.

Here is the screenshot I promised. As you can see on the minimap, Castle Harmondale is fully upgraded, and the mage is a Lich.

Clicky

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.