1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Message Says: Adventurers Mart is Restocked Once During the Game. Check Back Later.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kasio, May 8, 2001.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey Kasio,

Lighten up a little.
    It's a game.
    It's the gaming industry.
    It's business.
    Why do you have this crazy idea that they owe you something? You paid your money and got your game. So shut up and play it.
    I don't know what or who made you so unhappy/angry. But trying to take it out on a group of people (BI) who have done you no wrong is senseless. When you have lived a little more and have had life give you a real slap, you'll realize why bitching about stuff like this is a waste of time and energy. You obviously have a lot of both available.
    Some suggestions:
    * work out (it does wonders for me)
    * leave the house (other than to go to school)
    * talk to some girls (they are not as scary as you think)

You have posted some interesting topics and responses on this board. However, much of the time you come across as a shrill whiner.

This is the only time I am going to post to you about this.

Now back to discussing the game.

2. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

* I work out regulary (3+ times per week)
    * leave the house (i am at home only when eat, sleep or play BG2)
    * talk to some girls (i got 2 g-friends already am thinking of 3rd and dont want to talk to any more, because 4+ i just can not afford.)

"shrill whiner"? My voice is very deep.

But i am:
    *keen on discussions
    *paladin by temper and nature (maybe a little of berserker), i seld-denyingly fight the wrongness, greed, evil.

Good bye I am going to rest.

3. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey, Kasio,

Maybe it is not worth it. I do not know if you'll apply the term "Russial Soul" to yourself. If you do, most of the people here will not understand you.

Did you watch "Barber of Siberia" by Mikhalkov?
    People from the West just can't understand us being THAT SERIOUS about EVERYTHING.

But that is a "Whatnots" discussion.

Now back to the topic. My new party entered Spellhold after doing Lilarcor, De'Arnise and Trademeet - NOTHING else - I wanted Imoen to keep up with the group on exp. For me the stuff sold in the upgraded AM will not be so bad.

4. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Before you get to far along on your artist kick, I would just like to point out that putting paint on a canvas and getting 1's and 0's to create a CRPG are two completely different things. If you wanted them to create a perfect game the would NEVER finish, trust me.

And just so you are aware, the Mona Lisa is not perfect. Just ask Mr. DaVinci, he wasn't so fond of that painting.

5. kasio Gems: 7/31

Modjahed,
    I partly agree with you that it isnt woth it. Games must be pop culture and satisfy wide masses of consumers, so i must not expect them to be art subjects. I just wonder about books and movies... They also should have gone the way CRPG did. Still time after time some non-pop movies appear... I know thats just a game but as I told i am keen on discussions and paladin/berserker by temper (I wouldnt call myself russian soul. If i wanted to compare myself to guy called "Minhauzen", you know this russian movie? Wasnt it also by Mikhalkoff?
    What i liked here is that this isnt just FAQ discussion group. Kinda community of people united by common interests, not only the game. Kinda weird chat.
    Think I must now pay more attention to my job duties as last week i have paid MUCH more attention to this discussion and thoughts about "how to make ad&d world better?" I think I will soon see a nightamre with red piano pursuing me throuogh Irenicus dungeon.

6. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Kasio - your point about consumerism in modern gaimig is true. But it's just like anything else... Music for example. Yes in the year 2001 aesthetic integreity has given way to boy bands and their souless bland pop BUT there are still those that continue in the vain of Bob Dylan and the Beatles and do it for the love of music. For every Boy Zone there is a Blur, for every Britney spears there is a Lauryn Hill and for every money grabbing exec. there is a dedicated programmer or developer there somewhere making the best game that they can for you. This is D&D I doubt anyone who was not interested in the first place would even be associated with the implementation of the product. It's not like NWN is a sell out or anything. This is not a travesty to gaming in the same light of Sony's decsion to ruin mainstream gaming with the playstation (thus putting practically Sega out of business) and under cutting my beloved Nintendo. It seems to me Kasio that you are the type of person who will not be satisfied with what you have...

PS: Don't bother trying to have 2 girlfriends, it'll only end in tears and a headache, trust me ;)

7. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

err.. Nobleman.. my point re: the +4 sword is this:

The +4 sword is 1d12 --which means it does 5-16 points of damage + strength bonus.. while the vorpal sword is 1d10 + 3 so it does 4-13 points of damage per swing + strength bonus.

now, sure, the 25% of the time the vorpal will try to sever an opponents head, BUT the opponent does get a save (at -2) .. thus making instant death vs. a powerful opponent very rare indeed.

my kensai had a THACO of -13 by the time he returned from the underdark--meaning he hit anyone/anything just about anytime he took a swing. and the extra damage (albeit not hugely more than the vorpal) meant that I did more damage (especially if I used Kai and considering my grandmastery/multiple attacks per round).

my conclusion: the vorpal sword is a nice sword (especially if you are taking on alot of medium powered enemies OR using save game/reload ad naseum to kill a major bad dude). but the +4 long sword was just a little better.

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Without a ring of Gaxx. Its just nice to instant kill a few of the lesser creaures before they get a hit on You. If I face those awesome monsters with high saves I usually use a lot of potions/spells etc making the difference 5-16 and 4-13 seem meaningless.

9. Jadriel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

PRESS RELEASE : Official Instructions for importing a BG2 character into NWN as of 14/05/01*

1. Load BG 2 in the usual method. Make sure your computer is switched on, your game CD is inserted, and you are facing your monitor and, ideally, conscious.

2. Load the desired BG 2 save position. Some users may find usage of a mouse or similar pointing device to be of some benefit. Your mileage may vary.

3. As soon as your saved position loads, pause the game. Now take Pencil and Paper (sold seperately see stockist) and perform a Writing Down operation on each player name.

4. For more advanced users, execute a Rough Sketch of the player. However, do not attempt this if you are a new user or unfamiliar with the interface.

5. Load Neverwinter Nights (tm) in the usual method. Again, remain orientated towards your monitor or display device. Full orientation is not completely necessary as long as you maintain occular contact.

6. Select Start New Game, then select Create New Character. Then perform a Transfer operation from your Pencil And Paper (sold seperately see your stockist) device to Neverwinter Nights (tm).

7. Advanced users : Look carefully at your Rough Sketch and select the portrait that most closely resembles your configuration. Don't worry about making a small mistake here; Neverwinter Nights (tm) advanced import techniques ensure the game will remain stable and crash-free throughout this process.

8. Enjoy your imported character!

9. Should you encounter problems, some things to try involve dimming the monitor display to obscure the offending differences, spraypainting over the problem on your monitor, or writing Neverwinter Nights (tm) on your monitor with a soft felt marker before running Baldurs Gate II (tm).

Should you encounter further problems, don't hesitate to contact our Character Import Utility help workshop at www.g-ats-.-- **

Thankyou.

The BioWhere Staff.

*I'm earnestly sorry, I just couldn't help myself :)

**Deliberately obscured. This IS a family site :)

10. kasio Gems: 7/31

Just spotted this old and almost dead topic... What an awful and derisive last reply :D
    And what a srtange poster of this post!
    This mysterious Jadriel. Approached here suddenly. Made one poor sarcastic post and vanished... That pushes me to think that this guy actually could be a well known personality here. Surrendered to temptation of mockery, changed name for conspiracy as didnt want to loose his reputation... Becouse he is well known and respected here. Such a naked mockery wouldnt earn him any prizes... But the temptation was too high...
    Wait.. Are there any well repected people who tends to a little sarcasm in this question (importing characters)? Have they posted their sarcasmic tended answers in this thread before? Who was it?

Come out, come out whoever you are...

11. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

I believe the term is trolling :)

Besides, I don't see any harm in a little light hearted sarcasm provided it's not aimed at anyone in particular :)

As for the rest, I used to be registered on here, forgot the login, got bored at work, re-regged, posted, forgot. :)

12. kasio Gems: 7/31

Ouch, ouch... 3 days of silence and then so fast answer!!!! I shouldnt wait for it longer than a 2 minutes? Coinsidence.. I dont think so... Looks like you would do nothing more than looking through and checking this forum, just like moderators (Darien Noella, Blackthorn TA and MY DEAR FRIEND TALUNTAIN) do!

What a strange person you are...

13. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

I assure you, an accident of coincidence. Again, I find myself rather bored at work :)

14. kasio Gems: 7/31

3 days of silence SINCE YOUR 1st post (which was also just like someone's who want to hide oneself), and then immediate answer, 3 minutes after I posted a message concerning you... Jut got bored with work, yea?
    IF that is coincidence Mr (well we both know who you are), I have to say that we are witnesing here critical roll of 10 000 on a 10 000 sided dice....

15. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

... and yea, the goblin killed the mighty silver with a well thrown pebble to the temple.

:)

16. kasio Gems: 7/31

yea right.
    And your desperate alibi providing...
    You shouldnt bother so much if what you say is true. Actually it shouldnt concern you at all...
    You know Mr "kasio knows you", Internet definitely grants anonimity af some kind, but you should think of how to maintain it...

Basically I think there would be no big deal if you posted this character-importing sarcasm under your real name.

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 16, 2001).]

17. kasio Gems: 7/31

And as I declare that you must not bother if u are "innocent" you shut up and vanish :) :) :)
    Oh, my God :) You are a CLAY in my hands!

As I said - nothin'would have happened if u posted sarcasmic-importing message under your own nick ;)

(Very sorry for double posting :o)

18. Jadriel Gems: 1/31

I went home for lunch :)

My usual net name is in fact Jadriel, this is my preferred moniker of choice, and it has been for ... ooo... years.

If you'd like confirmation, I can be reached at jadriel@cableinet.co.uk, jadriel@hotmail.com, or my icq account (Jadriel) 16559437 :)

19. kasio Gems: 7/31

Aw, come o-oooon. Stop this.
    Just too many coincidencies.

20. Mendanbar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Kasio, you really need to buff up on your art history if you are going to use it as an example. Leonardo only finished somewhere around 10 pieces of artwork total. That is of the near 1000(?) he started. Damn now I cant remember how many he started.

If i can find my source i'll quote it but he only completed 10 i know. He liked to get about half done then he would just stop, and move on to another project that he would only do about half of. How would you like your computer programers to follow that example?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.