1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Member of the Week

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As if he wasn't Distinguished enough already, @ralebeau has made another substantial donation, covering a good chunk of this month's server bill. Thank you @ralebeau ! :thumb:

Sorvo likes this.
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We haven't had a Member of the Week in some time now, so @Wookie 's donation covering a good chunk of our hosting bill this month is very welcome! :thumb:

3. Wookie

Wookie Brutally Honest ★ SPS Account Holder

Hi. Thanks Tal, HI everyone. Never actually played D&D but I an very interested in learning how. I'm a bit nervous tho because I heard logic isn't always the right answer....and that's basically all I know

Taluntain likes this.
  4. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :lol: :beer: You're right Wookie! Logic didn't lead you back to me. I care about this site as it was my child that I never had. I hope you follow through with your interest in actually learning it. I know you think I'm an asshole at times and it's probably true. This is my way of showing you I really do care for you. I Love You, Rod :beer:

Taluntain and Wookie like this.
  5. Wookie

Wookie Brutally Honest ★ SPS Account Holder

Love you too and I will

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Probably the easiest way to learn about some of the basics is to play any of the myriad D&D games, either on the computer, console, mobile, etc. D&D has gone through several major rules overhauls over the years, however, so I can imagine the differences between the versions if you go back to older D&D games could be confusing to a newbie.

In the recent years, there haven't been many non-MMO D&D titles released for the PC; the major title Baldur's Gate 3 is still in development, however a chunk of it is already playable. So what you'd want to start with would depend on whether you have any experience with video games at all and what kind of gaming platform you have available (PC, console, mobile, etc.). So we'll need some more info from you. ;)

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm going to teach her 2e style because that's what I know but if she likes it that much you have pretty much gave her any other option :) :beer:

Taluntain likes this.
  8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I actually sort of did it that way. My entire group got formed because a bunch of 5th graders liked the Gold Box games Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds and were talking about them when talking about what we got for Christmas the January after I got CotAB. We got curious about the Forgotten Realms and wound up getting some books from the library, then eventually buying the Core books and the "Forgotten Realms Campaign Manual". Led to [unfortunately only] 7 years of fun before the group broke up when everybody went to college and were unable to resolve scheduling conflicts the next summer to reform the group.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.