1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ME2 questions...

Discussion in 'Mass Effect Series' started by Kitrax, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, so after sitting on my desk for several months, and gathering a thick layer of dust...I finally got around to installing Mass Effect 2 CE, along with all the DLC.

Now, I've been playing for a few days straight, and I have a few questions.

• I ran across Tali during the Veetor scene, but where can I find her to put her on my team?
    • In ME1, Liara was my "love interest"...she was also one of my best party members. Where is she? I want her back on my team asap!
    • Anyone have the 'stolen memory' DLC? Is the NPC any good?
    • When choosing weapons, how the heck do I know which ones are better than the others? (I like the ME1 weapon/armor setup better, you could clearly see the differences between each weapon/armor)
    • Also, when I get an upgrade (say, assault rifle damage), does that upgrade *all* assault rifles?

2. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Some answers:

Tali can be recruited later. You will also run into Liara later, but she is not a recruitable party member. The new DLC coming in early september is about Liara and the Shadow Broker and apparently you can continue your romance with Liara.

No opinion on Kasumi as I have not played the DLC yet. Weapons data and yes.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's only 1 question to ask about ME2; Is it amazing? Yes. Yes, it is.

4. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...duh! [​IMG] I could have told you that after 5 minutes of actual gameplay (after the overly long prolouge). :p

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Kasumi's 'Stolen Memory' quest is ok. Nice loot. The character is interesting, like an infiltrator.

Weapon and armor or biotic and tech upgrades benefit the whole party.

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Ok, so I have another question now that I'm nearing the end of my second runthrough.

Is there any way that you can avoid having your entire crew abducted? And if not....what is the point in upgrading the Normandy's shields, armor, and weapons??? :hmm:

I'm just about to start the sucide mission, and I'm 90% sure that I had researched every ship upgrade offered...and my crew *still* gets taken away! :grr:

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You can`t avoid having the crew captured. The point of the upgrades...well...try playing through the game without upgrading the ship at all. I did that during my first playthrough. It had some severe consequences for certain companions.

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Explain....

I see a use for certain upgrades, like larger fuel capacity, more probes, and a better scanner. But better weapons? At no point in the entire game does the Normandy shoot anything. :skeptic:

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

At the end, the Normandy shoots the collector ship to bits. Also if you don`t upgrade the shields and whatsnot, several of your companions dies on the way to the collectors base. During the cutscenes there. When I played, Thane got impaled on a metal bar, Jack got blown up near a panel, and Tali exploded\burned to death near the core of the ship.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Likewise, if you have lapsed on loyalty missions, there will be repercussions during the suicide mission.

PS: I currently replay Mass Effect 1 in order to replay Mass Effect 2 with a level 60 character :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.