1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

male vs female player char

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by cantor, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Always glad to see I'm keeping everyone amused! ;) See, that's what you get when you confuse the Paladin/RPG me, and the me IRL! :D

I think the only common theme between the two (okay, other than the occasional tumble with the lasses ;) j/k) is that IRL and in playing a paly I generally do what I think is "right" under the circumstances...Whatever they happen to be at the time.

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Huh? What's that barely perceptible noise?

<peers out the window of his lofty tower>

Why it's Apprentice Silroth attempting an assault upon my tower! Tsk, tsk will these upstart Apprentices never learn? Where's my Wand of Apprentice Banishment?

<Rummages around through the disorganization that is my tower>

Hmmm... OK then. Where's my Staff of Upstart Smiting?

<Rummages some more>

Blast! I *must* clean this place up! Where's my Boot of Mighty Arse Kicking then?

<Rummages briefly then absentmindedly goes back to his Wizardly duties>

BTW - The post in question was repaired :)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yes, the next archmage in training over here at Boards O' Magick (that'd be Blackthorne) has been given an exclusive Rod of Thread Fixing.
    Still, if something goes horribly wrong (how oddly familiar that sounds), the true Sorcerer is still here to bring things back to normal.
    And if I can't fix it, I can still disintegrate anyone who might have noticed the problem. It is ever so convenient, and you don't even have to clean the mess after...

6. Recoil Suave Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeah, but you still need a good dustbuster to get rid of the powdered remains.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The giant three-headed monkey does that.

8. White Giant Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Good Monkey Isle ref. :)

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Well FINALLY someone spotted it! :D

10. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] So theres going sports into bringing forth all the old topics? O.k.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] All I wanna know is... if you're a girl do you still screw Phaere? Hehe. Oh, that and, being a girl must suck :/ I mean: Anomen??!! Talk about looking for love...

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

No, that came up in a previous topic (I didn't play as a woman)- And being a dwarf sucks as well - nothing! Aw, well, there's always me gold....

13. thupple Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, since someone asked about the "transgender" experience...I am a (heterosexual) woman playing a man. I did it because I wanted to go the evil route, yet didn't want to miss out on the whole romance thing. It gets a little weird sometimes, but anything is better than Anomen! Bleah.

I started out as a female paladin having a romance with Anomen, but I just couldn't stomach either LG or him. It is strange playing a man having a romance with not only a female but a DROW -- then again, maybe having her evil is best...she is not like me then! Now THAT would be weird.

It is also odd playing LE (I wanted to be a monk) because that is the exact opposite of my natural alignment (CG) -- But hey: Isn't that why they call it an RPG? Certainly, I am having way more fun than I ever had playing good female characters.

It's still only chapter 2 though...if I have an identity crisis or turn lesbian or something, I'll be sure to post about it ;)

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31

That a girl!

15. caleb Banned

Getting excited over one little monkey island refrance? BAH! I am gonna go back to drinking grog and looking for big whoop.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Man, being a girl must suck... :D In the game I mean. hehe. btw, this may sound stupid, but in that bar, why'd that guy go up in flames the moment you enter, is it because your bhaal's bastart son.. er.. child ;)

17. caleb Banned

rysil stop stalking me.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    caleb - We would actually prefer around here if you wouldn't post a lot of nonsense and unrelated garbage in threads. You've already posted about R'syil following you around; once is enough. Please stick to the topic of the thread as much as possible and don't feel you need to post something in every thread. Thank you.

<The Management> ;)

19. caleb Banned

taluntain made a post that didnt relate to this thread so go jump on his ass.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Not bad, considering these are your final words on this forum. You have left a lasting impression my lad.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 19, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.