1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Making a perfect party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Son of Moradin, Mar 12, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sooner or later you'll run out of all those HP of yours :p

You'll come back to the subject of clerics then, hehe.

BTW: how long does your party take to rest?

[ April 06, 2003, 13:41: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

To Skywind's, 27th March:

Understand. But Sorcerer/Bard is also very good for communication.

I also understand, that you need more skills for this character - this means high INT.

But. For my opinion - you need more firepower and a sorcerer is more firepower oriented as a wizard (more versatile one).

For my a sorcerer/bard versus wizard/bard both with communication skills (diplomacy, bluff, intimidate) means CHA>INT (means high CHA and INT, but CHA higher than INT) versus CHA=INT (equally high CHA and INT). This concludes in: CHA>INT means more firepower and CHA=INT more versatility.

I rather choose my parties/characters in more role playing way which leads sometimes to wicked ones ;) . It is really up to you, or more to your play style.

Have a nice time with your party.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG]
    What are you talking about? Of course a Dwarf Cleric of Tempus can start with Wis 18!

4. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I see... thanks you! Anyway, I had dual-class me bard to sorcerer after her 11th level of Bard. Because I found that if I max out the INT and CHA, then the rest of the stats will only be 10, making me bard weak enough to be killed with only a few hits. Now me bard is 18DEX and 20CHA. I figured that high DEX means high AC and Reflex saving throws means longer time for me bard to get a chance to get to see Myrkul. :D

5. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

In the first IWD I made a very good party that went through the whole game no problem. It was a Human Ranger, Elf Theif, Mage, Druid, Fighter, and Bard. Which in IWD2 i did the same except made the fighter a barbarian for a tanker, the druid a cleric, mage a sorcerer, and am planning on mc the ranger to a paladin if i can. That party worked for me

6. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Maximixing the STR, the DEX and the CONST, cannot give you 18 WIS... There is no chance for that! :mad:

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

an aasimar sorcerer, drow druid
    (with the ease of use mod applied) it needs to be on insane to make it fair

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] <Sighs...>

Dwarf Cleric (of Tempus)
    Str 18, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 18, Cha 1

Str 18 (10+8)
    Dex 16 (10+6)
    Con 20 (12+8)
    Int 3 (10-7)
    Wis 18 (10+8)
    Cha 1 (8-7)

Total increased stat points: 30
    Total decreased stat points: -14

Since you have a pool of 16 stat points at start it shouldn't be too hard to figure the rest out. Perhaps it's time for an apology, Elan Morin Tedronai? :)

9. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Perfect party no such thing really.

I completed the game:

1 - Paladin 2 / Sorcerer 25

Oh yeah, damage baby, damage. She was more than enough to handle the game. When she needed fodder, animate dead drew some of the heat away.

Seriously though, I think the main downfall of IWD 2 is that it does not reward thief skills enough. You don't need a thief as the traps you can't avoid are not tough enough to stop you. We like unexpected instant death traps. It keeps you on your toes as you crawl the dungeons. :)

10. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

You are right! I appologize... :( :cry: I thought that it is 16... At least this was my previous Dwarven Fighter/Battleguard... :)

11. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Blackthorns right there is no PERFECT part but you should have someone to heal a meele fighter and a spellcaster

12. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Another topic about thsi kinda question... IT IS UP TO YOUR SELF TO PLAY THE GAME TO FIND OUT WHAT IS THE PERFECT PARTY!!! As pointed out before, there is no "perfect" party, it's up to your self to examine the strengths and teh weaknesses of your party to find a goood composition... I had a multiclassed Rogue/Mage, theifling of course. Anyone who's been playing Planescape: Torment can't have some "other" race to fit this position (Annah in my heart;) )... As well as a Aasimar Paladin (is teh aeg), a "human" mage,Cleric (morninglords is teh aeg), Dwarven fighter as well as a Bard...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.