1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Major Malfunction.. Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by RavingFrenzy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. RavingFrenzy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:mad: UGh.. :( Here is the problem folks and I need some serious help here. ToEE has locked up on me, NO way to EXIT the dungeon! I am only in the Moathouse. But I cleared it out, but to loot ALL the bodies I patched the game. I didn't know C let me enter combat mode. Which could have helped me kill the HillGiant/Bear much easier, but anyway I patched the game. I did put in the Patch 3.0 but when I read it messes things up I reverted back to the Patch 2.0 and I added the Co8 patch afterwards. Now, I can't exit the dungeon, I also get the NTDLL.dll error EVERY time I exit the game. ONLY on exiting the game. Should I just unpatch the game? Reinstall and run it clean? I never got an error before I patched ToEE... and I didn't save my game a whole lot when I was dungeon crawling and exiting the areas to sell the overloads. Please, please help somehow 'x_X should I just use the Co8 patch and no official patches?

2. erkper2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Wait - am I misunderstanding, or did you say you patched to Co8 mid-game? If that's what you meant, that is certainly the issue. You can't use old saves with the Co8 mod - you have to start a new game. I'm surprised the old saves even loaded at all.

I'd recommend a full uninstall and reinstall following the instructions from Co8. That means after uninstalling the game and deleting the leftover Atari folder, you need to install the game, patch to Atari patch 2, and then install the Co8 mod. Then start a new game. Don't worry, if you were still at the moathouse, you haven't gone all that far to have to do it again.

Good luck.

3. RavingFrenzy Gems: 1/31

Thanks Erk. I spent 2 days on the Co8 forum and didnt get a response! Yes, I patched the game as soon as I found out I wasn't looting any bodies. Its a shame, I hope I can still pull off the stats I did for my characters (Three 17's for my Barbarian/Ranger a I had an Elven Rogue with a 15 in Strength!) but I'd just like the game to run smoothly. Between Torment not working well whether I have old drivers or not and NWN2 I really enjoy but its a drag not getting my core characters to like me much I haven't been having the greatest luck with my prescious D&D PC collection.

But yes, my old saves work, everything works except leaving the dungeon. I might as well export my characters but I think I need to redo my Sorceress spell list anyway Identify was good but its no good to identify potions in a dungeon if I can't afford to cast the spell unlike in previous editions where htey let that pesky pearl cost slide. Thanks again! and Happy 4th of July! I've got a D&D game to play on the 3rd ^_^

4. erkper2 Gems: 2/31

Yeah, sorry about that. I saw your post at Co8, but I missed the reference to your installing the mod midgame. Without that info, I really didn't have any idea what your problem might have been. The only thing I thought then was that the "NTDLL" error you reported was probably that error some people get on exit that never really causes any problems, it's just irritating.

I'll emphasize again, don't reuse your old saves. They may appear to work, but as you've seen, they will cause problems down the road. The Co8 has done a lot of hacking/fixing to the ToEE core files and game engine, and saves from the unmodded Atari game will not work properly.

5. RavingFrenzy Gems: 1/31

Is reusing old characters from prepatch going to do the same? ><'

6. erkper2 Gems: 2/31

Hmm... good question. I don't really know. Nothing has been changed in the character creation that would cause problems that I know about - except if you tried to use characters created in KotB for ToEE - but you should probably post that question on the Co8 board and let the modders answer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.