1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

main characters?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elverath, Oct 17, 2000.

1. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That is cool. To tell you the truth I never really played magic the gathering. Have you ever played paper-based rpg?

2. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Oh, and Crazy J, how 'bout we add some Illithids to out list, because I am battling some in the underdark now and they suck! (anyone else see this comment statement as ironic)

3. Elverath Gems: 7/31

Eternalpaladin- a necromancer is a mage that deals with death magic.

4. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yeah, I'm all for whacking those brain-sucking Illithids! I hate them! I've played paper RPG, When the DM let me, I enjoyed playing Psionicists. I would like to try to DM sometime, but I have to round up some players! I really like the 3rd Edition rules.

5. Elverath Gems: 7/31

ive switched to a half elven fighter and he's awesome!

His name is Elverath (of course), he has full plate mail +1, and single weilds the Katana +3 Celestial Fury, which has incredible abilities.

Question- are there any katanas better than celestial fury? if so where and what are they?

6. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

I'm afraid Celestial Fury is the best Katana.
    Malakar +2 is pretty good, but not as good as Celestial Fury.

7. The Kurgan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My Main Characters is

The Kurgan

He is a Dwarven Beserker, and very powerful indeed. With the skills of a Two Handed Sword, Halberds and The TwoHanded Sword Ability. He makes for a deadly adversary.

With hot blood in his veins, he loves the cry of battle, for when that time comes, you could say one Kurgan could be possessed by a Demon because no mercy lays in their paths....

The Kurgan

8. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] More's the pity, for my Ranger's racial enemy is demonic/fell, and I'll push my sword into your gullet just to find that Barbazu!

And you, EternalPaladin, for Torm's Sake take more control of yourself and cease this Unholy Spamming! Have more Discipline for Torm's Sake! Have you forgotten your oath of Chastity and Purity? Remember that it does not only apply to the body but to the mind as well.

Confess and repent!

(This is Inquisitor Ned Flanders giving you a direct order.)

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My main character is Belisarius (surprise), a paladin. Ever since I beat Firkragg and won Carsomyr...he's been a bad man! You know, in a good kind of way.

It's nice to have a Holy Avenger sword in the game...My only complaint is I don't think it radiates protection from evil...And they usually do that don't they?

10. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

Yes, I think Holy swords in the hands of a Paladin is supposed to do that.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    That's what I thought...I thought I was losing it! (Don't answer that!)

12. Reya Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Baldur's Gate 2 is the first proper RPG I've played (bar Eye of the Beholder when I was knee high to a nymph) so I'm not familiar with the P&P version, the nearest I ever got was doing those books by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, you know the kind, turn to page 90 if you choose west etc..I always had several pages marked just in case ;)
    A lot of my friends are into Magic.. so I got involved.

13. Elverath Gems: 7/31

P&P D&D is before my time. all of my D&D experience is from books and BG/BG2. the only world im really in tune with is Faerun.

14. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Hey Elverath, it sounds like your calling me old since I have played paber-based rpg's! (j/k)
    ACtually I haven't been alive THAT long (although I will not give my age away). How does one define age......hmm?

And for you Mr. Inquisitor Ned. I seem to recall you having some unsure/impure moments. Oh and by the way, how could you let your wife fall off a church steeple???? You talk about oaths also (must've forgotten to have taken mine when I joined RH) well since when does trying to court a lady constitute impure? Must a paladin live his life solitary and alone? So answer me thses questions Mr High and Mighty. (and for those that take these boards too literal....any comments that seem rude/abnoxious/mean are just meant sarcastically, not literally)

15. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] There's another aspect too, and that's any comments that appear rude/obnoxious/mean was done in pure jest!

16. Elverath Gems: 7/31

Question for The Kurgan-

what alignment is your character? and how do you talk to NPC's?

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Someone oughta start burning all the Paladins at the stake now, if only to keep average intelligence levels at a respectable level. Don't know why but the image I get with Paladins are tyrants who burn people at stakes for not agreeing with their religion, point of view, etc. I'd rather hang out with Illithids than Paladins. At least we'll be trying to kill each other for a more reasonable cause.

18. t4sK Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i've made a berserker half-orc. with 18/96 strength. i gave him 5 points in axe and a single point in sword/shield. He is the meanest melee m*tH*R i've ever had. Damn it's fun :)

19. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Hey Shura, I play as a paladin class half of the time and I am sorry you feel that way. The reasons paladin's seem like they do is because of the way the game depicts them as being intolerant, cruel, stuck-up, etc. In reading certain novels set in the realms, krynn, and others that is rarely the case. Knights/Paladins can also be very tolerant of others regardless of their beliefs. I myself feel and act honorable when I play my paladin character, but I am also very considerate to all, not just those who act good or do good deeds. So please, don't let certain people's/game's spoil your opionion on paladins. Oh, and something very comical about paladins that are disliked in the novels is they usually end up dying at some point.

20. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

lol, may i join u three in this squabble/debate please? :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.