1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

main characters?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elverath, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

PRESENTLY i am playing --

Elverath
    Half-Elf Blade
    1 slot in short sword, 1 slot in dagger, 1 slot in longsword, 1 slot in short bow. 2 slots in duel wield.
    80 hit points (level 12)
    -5 ac (mail of the dead and magic rings and the like)
    presently weilding 2 short swords. one is the backstabber that renal gave to me for killing maevar and saving his ass. the other is arbanes short sword +2. im only moderate at melee but my magic is pretty great. i cast ghost armor to give me good AC because i have to take my mail off to cast burning hands, haste, magic missle etc.

tell me your main chars!

2. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I am playing Cill Warden a beast master. Well, the beast master is nothing special yet, at lvl 10. He is basicly a ranger that cant use metal weapons <sigh>. Other then that he is great. Just killed the Shadow Dragon and received the Shadow Armor, so his AC is at -1. Also he has an Elven Bow +3 and has many arrows to use at just the right occasion! I was lucky enough to get some gaunltes of archery and some other items that lowered his THAC0 to 0, he doesnt miss much anymore :p The only thing that I dislike is that I couldnt import my character from IWD to BG2... my Ranger or my Dwarf would have been wonderfull in this game.

Ciller

3. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My main character is a dwarven wizard slayer named Hurok. Nice combo with the natural dwarven magic resistance plus the wizard slayer abilities. He's got a pair of Boots of Speed, so he's usually able to rush any magic users and hack away before they can get anything too lethal off, and if there's no mages, he's handy for tying up any missle weapon users and forcing them to go melee. The big drawback is he can't use magical items besides armor and weapons -- this means NO healing potions! So my cleric (Anomen) is unfortunately little more than a heal whore for this guy, but he's too effective against mages for me to feel too bad about that!

4. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

He's a cavalier named Veracitas, points in two-handed sword, two-handed style, flail and two wasted points in bastard sword so far. Using Sword of Chaos (very un-paladin, I know) or Flail of the Ages. Wears Plate Mail +1, Helm of Balduran and other stuff. Lowish dexterity (12), so no AC bonus there. I think his AC is 0 or -1 now. On the other hand he has 18/98 in strength. No difficult fights so far, but still early in the game. I try to roleplay him, so he will not accept any evil party members, and he doesn't accept pickpocketing or stealing from innocents. He doesn't drink either, but the others are allowed. Minsc likes his ale, anyhow :).

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited October 18, 2000).]

5. Judicator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My main character is a Cavalier level 17 named Sir Gauvin. He usually uses the Equalizer with the shield of harmony(yeah, just a +2 shield, but I like the protection it has), or also Azuredge(an undead slayer trowing axe) and sometimes, the sword of bleeding. It's a very defensive character, he has a cloak of harmony and so much protection against magie that he cleaned the entire beholder cave, in the underdark, alone. He has a taco of -2, and an armor class of -9 thanks to a full plate +2(the one of the knight demons) the shield and a dexterity of 16...

However, he has only 73 hp, he is my character from BG1. Completly legit. His kills count for about 60% of all the XP my party gained in bg2 :)

6. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

My main character (actually in all 1st-time thru RPG's) is of course DRACO VLASAVIUS. He's a Human Fighter, bent on revenge (thru his own eyes that is) & bent on justice (again what he veiws as justice). To top it off he's not smart but EXCEEDINGLY Deadly. Thus far in BG2 he has 66% of the kills and I imported him from BG1.

Current Stats:
    Str 19/Dex18/Const19/Int7/Wis8/Char14.
    He's a dual weilder with Drizzt Blades and needs -9THAC0 in right hand/ -7THAC0 in off hand. 165HP's and level 19.

He has a -10AC wearing +2 Protect ring, Helm of Balduraan, RED Dragon Scale, Boots of Speed, Cloak Non Detect,Ring of Regeneration,Girdle of Bluntness & Guantlets of Weapon Skill. He OCCASIONALLY uses the +2 Sheild of Harmony or the Shield of Balduraan.

5Pts in Scimitar,1Pt in Katana, 3Pts in dual weap style, 2Pts in 1 hand weap style.

He's a killer. He's a saviour. He's a mother. He's a Father! He's BADDD. But my next time thru I'll go MONK.

7. TelexStar Gems: 6/31

My character is a lvl 13 Druid Shapesifter named Ulrich. Can't remember his stats cause i'm at work, wasting valuable adventuring time. But he does rock! So far my highlight was when I encountered the Mindflayers for the first time in the Temple district sewer. In the corridor before the last room I shifted into Greater Werewolf form and set him up in the doorway, had my mages cast Chaotic commands protection from evil etc etc and just sat back while my main chacter dispatched them all one by one.

8. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Mine is a male elf sorcerer named Valyn.

Nice stats, nice equipment...oh yeah.

As an elf, he is highly resistent to charm/sleep spells, and due to equipment can never be level drained, is resistant to magic, is constantly Vocalized, and any offensive spell that hits him reflects to the caster(interestingly enough, this includes Dragon Breath ;)

9. Crimson Tear Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Baine the Wanderer.

Level 19 Fighter, 5 slots Longsword, 3 slots duel weild, 2 slots Shield. Armed with Bhaal's Servent + 2 longsword and The Equalizer (oohhhh that just sounds BADASS), and + 4 gold Plate mail (from the first game's expansion pack). 50% resistant to all magic, completely immune to fire and ice, and 55% resistant to acid. Needs a +2 sword to hit at least.

[This message has been edited by Crimson Tear (edited October 20, 2000).]

10. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

Did you (Draco) run into Drizzt? I hear that he gets pissed off if you have his stuff. I'm just curious. Some wizard named Harpell also comes and takes Drizzt's things away.

11. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

he gets mad, but in my experiance, he does nothing about it... but that may just be because i go strait to the end after that.

12. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] YEEESH, please... that was a painful memory during my first time thru BG2. Yes I ran into his party and actually fought them so that I could get his weapons. I had spent all kinds of points in the Scimitar proficiency and by the time Chap 6 rolled around I was 'highly' pissed off due to the weak selection of Scimitars found in the game up to that point.

Yes out of need and greed I fought Drizzt and his party and finally beat them. I used the blades for less than 1 chapter when Malchor Harpell came and in some 'god like' way took my weapons. ALL of them that belonged to Drizzt and his party. I was furious, and every monster I encountered after that paid for that 'injustice', that game 'cheat'. It sucked.

13. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

My main Character:
    Shura No Oni, Neutral Good, Male
    Kensai/Mage: 12/15
    Single weapon style with the Celestial Fury and 5 pts in Katana.
    Archmage's robe plus ring of protection +2 and ring of earth control along with a Dexterity of 18 gives an AC of -8.
    I kinda like this character. What a badass.

14. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

I would probably never kill Drizzt, since I tend to play good guys and gals, but I agree that the Harpell thing stinks. If you beat Drizzt fair and square, to the winner should go the spoils. And the selection of schimitars is weak, I agree.

15. SaLtDoC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My character is Boradin, Level 21 (Yes i got the cap remover) Elven, Fighter, who has 5 stars in katana, 3 in long sword, 3 in dual weapons, and a couple of others i think...He weilds a +3 Katana, Celestial Fury, WHICH RULEZ, and another Katana +2 which adds 1 to his AC. Pretty Nasty, specially against those damn Goblins :)

Managed 2 kill Drizzt and his party, but then didnt have the heart to steal his stuff since i had already capped him in the first BG :) So i just reloaded.

Salty
    Gobbo Slayer

16. Reya Gems: 2/31

I am Reya Dawnbringer, angel of mercy, priest of Lathander, and a beacon of hope for a battered army.
    Proficient in all non-bladed weapons, except the club (useless bit o' stick) currently the source of pain to trolls everywhere (hate them). I am wise in my deeds and strong of spirit, my favourite spell is 'nature's beauty', why bop them on the head when you can kill them with lust? ;)

[This message has been edited by Reya (edited November 08, 2000).]

17. Crazy J Gems: 6/31

My main character is Julia, Master of Kung-Fu, protector of the weak, slayer of dragons, who wants a REAL man for a love interest, not some whiny self-absorbed twit!!!

18. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

I have your real man for ya Crazy J! A 16th level cavalier named Clayton lightsheer with unmatched Strngth, Charm, and intelligence+wisdom. Wields a +3 flaming bastard sword and wears armor of the heart. Loves a good fight and is around to protect and root out the darkest of evils.

19. Reya Gems: 2/31

I'll fight you for him ;)

20. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

I don't know, may not need to fight. Sir Lightsheer has always had a thing for a Priest with a lot to offer ;). By the way, he is also a member of the Radient Heart :)!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.