1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mage/cleric cannot cast spells at a distance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by iLLusioN', Oct 10, 2006.

1. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ok, I've recently started playing BG2 again, and lately(right after I defeated Bohdi and got to the island)My mage/cleric cannot cast spells at a distance. If I want to cast a fireball 30 feet away he runs to that spot to cast, and from my testing it seems like he just has a very very limited line of sight.

Items are:
    Robe of Venca
    Amulet of power
    Fortress Shield
    AC3 Bracers
    Ring of protection +2
    Boots of grounding
    Slow and steady(hammer from Weimer-Underrep)

Mods:
    Dungeon be gone
    Weimer-Underrep item pack
    Weimer-ItemUpgrade
    Baldur-dash TOB fix

note:
    I do have a couple ofitems that I made in this in addition to the item pack in this game but they are not on this character...I do not beleive that have anything to do with it but figured I would mention it.

Tried searching the forums but nothing relevant came up. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but any help would be very much appreciated :( keep dying because of it.

[ October 10, 2006, 13:03: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It seems you are blinded.

Perhaps you have been the victim of a Holy Smite, or Nature's Beauty, or some blindness spell or effect. Nature's Beauty in particular is known to cause permanent blindness (if you survive, that is) and Holy Smite is buggy that it causes permanent blindness if you fail your saving throw (which is a bug, and fixed with a patch)

Let's check it:Seperate your PC from the party, and send him to deep reaches of the dungeon alone. If the fog of war around him goes by little by litle, this is prrof that he has been blinded. Also, check record screen for blindness effect. (look for the icon and check your THAC0, it should be waaay higher than normal which is a bad thing!)

How to cure it? Try casting Neutralise Poison and/or Cure Disease on yourself. This should work. If not, go to a temple, and have dispel magic casted on your self. If this does not work too, well, try Remove Curse, Restoration, hit your character with Carsomyr and/or Staff of Magi.

Hope this helps. Tell us the results! ;)

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

Well running tests last night I had to send wizards eye out in front to solo some umber hulks. I thought that it must have been blindness but I didn't think that any blindness wsa permanant. As it is I've cast most of the spells I have with this char to try and cure it and so far nothing has worked. I'll try some of the other things that you mentioned when I get home, as i'm at school right now.

p.s took me forever to find this again :(

4. ister Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Dispel Magic should work too. You may have to cast it a few times to get it to take though.

5. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

Well apparently one of them work, althrough I would swear i'd used them all before. Then again maybe magic resistance interfered. Thx all :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.