1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lord of the Rings Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shrike00, May 7, 2001.

1. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well, at least in the Hobbit there were lots of spiders in Mirkwood, but i don't remember if you could choose them as racial enemies

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I think you can. :)

3. Maldir Gems: 11/31

The Elves of Mirkwood had many enemies; in The Hobbit it is said that the Giant Spiders were their bitterest foe. However I would think that like all Elves, they would see Orcs as their worst enemy. The presence of the Spiders in Mirkwood was just one of the results of Sauron taking residence in Mirkwood for 2000 years, and the Orcs coming from his home in Dol Guldur, while only on a relatively small scale, gradually pushed the Elves further northwards from their lands in the southern parts of the forest. I think there is mention when the Fellowship reaches Lórien that there used to be more traffic between the Woodland Realm and Lórien; obviously that had been cut by the presence of Sauron. There would also be problems from the Orcs of the Grey Mountains to the north of Mirkwood, but those in the south would be more problematic, as they were driven by a controlling power. The Spiders were a grave danger individually, but were to a large extent independent agents of evil.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

So there is a problem. Maybe we should make a pool>?
    anyway its already on SP on this forum. Give a vote :D

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

this is how i think it should be
    Name: Aligment - Class - Racial Enemy
    Legolas: Neutral Good - Archer - Orc
    Boromir: Chaotic Good - Stalker - Orc
    Aragorn: Lawful Good - Paladin
    Gimli: Lawful Neutral - Fighter
    Frodo: Neutral Good - Thief
    Gandalf: Lawful Good - DC Fighter/Mage

i think that this is pretty resonable... how about you...

6. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just a quick comment on Boromir - he was Lawful Neutral, at best, and therefore couldn't be a paladin. He never really did anything noble, and even at the end he was a bitter pessimist. He's definitely a fighter.

EDIT: Now that I'm back from work, I'll do the full list on what I think everyone should be.

Frodo: Thief, Lawful Good (it's allowed by 3E rules, y'know :) -- and he was motivated by two things: duty and protecting others. LG)

Samwise: Fighter, Neutral Good (he was more devoted to Frodo than a sense of duty, but he definitely wanted to help)

Merry & Pippin: Fighters, Chaotic Good (I don't remember if they were as chaotic in the books as in Fellowship of the Ring, but I think they were)

Gandalf: Sorceror, Lawful Good (his motivations were basically the same as Frodo's, and just because one's a loner and a pothead doesn't mean one can't be Lawful - look at me :D )

Aragorn: Ranger, Neutral Good (he really didn't want to take his place as king of Gondor, but he eventually did for the good of the people)

Boromir: Fighter, Lawful Neutral (up until he died to protect Merry and Pippin, Boromir was in this for duty alone - and because he thought himself the only sensible one in the group. He wanted to use the ring, and was pretty damned pessimistic. Definitely not good-aligned)

Legolas: Ranger w/Archer kit, Chaotic Good (ehhh...I never really liked Lego in the books, and he never really shows himself to be aligned one way or the other. Probably Chaotic Good, though, since that's the default alignment for elvsies :p )

Gimli: Fighter w/Berserker kit, Lawful Good (like Legolas, Gimli really wasn't developed in the books. Just from a few comments he made, though, I'd say he's LG. One thing he's definitely *not* is neutral... :grr: :D )

I feel like I'm missing someone, but I don't think so. Maybe it's 'cause I grouped Merry & Pippin together :p

[ September 02, 2002, 09:01: Message edited by: TheNovak ]

7. Gothmog

IIRC reading the book, Denethor II (stevart of Gondor(sp?)) wanted to send younger son Faramir to Rivendell, but Boromir wanted to go.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Why do you have Gandalf as a sorcerer? IIRC, he studied his art and became a master of it. That seems more like a mage than a sorcerer. He should also have a level of fighter to allow him to wield a sword.

I agree that Frodo should be lawful good, however that's not allowed in BG2 without cheating.

9. Frostmage Gems: 11/31

Veteran

I agree, He should be a mage. Don't think he should have a level of fighter though (wasn't there a mage NPC in BG that had a sword?).
    And I think Frodo should be a bard

10. Gothmog

That was Xan with his moonblade :) (life is so hollow :rolleyes: )

But gandalf could wield other swords too.
    I dont think he should be added a level of fighter :toofar: . He should be a mage 'couse he was forbitten to use powers he had as a maia spirit. He was limited to powers that could be learned in middle-earth :( So he :book:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.