1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

List your fave AD&D from best to worst.

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Z-Layrex, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] 1. Ps:T [What a game :grin: ]
    2. Bg2:Tob [nice when you need stress relief and just want a quick uber (relatively) character to play with]
    3. BG1 [the original, the classic]
    4. BG2:Soa [hmm 3&4 change over depending on which i played most recently]
    5. IWD [only played half of it, but it was great fun]
    6. NWN [the toolest is nice but even though my computer is pretty close to the reccomended specs i get absolutely huge amounts of slow-down, especially in convos. Nice graphics but i prefer the graphics of the infinity engine, more RPG'ish {to me atleast). Well atleast it was a present so i didn't waste any of my own money on it :) ]

Haven't got IWD2 yet (live in england) and have (luckily) never had the misfortune to play PoR2.

A note on Ps:T. I don't know why people play through the first part of the mortuary and then think it is bad. The mortuary is not a bad area - you get morte, you get the whole morbid, gothy setting, you get some easy quests, you get the opening of the story etc. It sets the whole scene so well, you wake up on a slab in the mortuary, so simple and yet such a complex and intricate story is woven from such a humble beginning.

PS I LOVE Ps:T :love:

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

And Herf says my posts suck :rolleyes:

[Well THIS post sucks because it has nothing to do with the topic - BTA]

:p @ BTA ;)

[ September 08, 2002, 16:04: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] 1. Planescape: Torment
    2. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
    3. Icewind Dale
    4. Neverwinter Nights
    5. Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal
    6. Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
    7. Baldur's Gate
    8. Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
    9. Pool of Cr*ppiness, Ruins of D&D Games

4. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] 1.- BG to TOB.
    2.- PS:T
    3.- IWD.
    4.- IWD 2.

90879.- Cr*p of Radiance: Ruins your PC AND Myth Drannor.

6987875712398796098974^98798.- Descent to Undermountain. (I don't even bother to tell you; Tal would have me banned)

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Well, technically NWN isn't AD&D, it's 3E, but since I think this thread is more about games using any D&D ruleset, here's my list:

1. Planescape Torment
    2. BG2 + TOB
    3. IWD2
    4. NWN
    5. IWD + HoW + ToTL
    6. Baldur's Gate TOS

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    1.BG2+ToB
    2.PST
    3.BG
    4.NWN
    5.IWD
    Thats basicly the only D&D games I remember and have played. Bg2 has something special and IWD is just mindlessly boring.

7. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

best:

baldur´s gate -> started the renaissance, besides i really liked the fact, that you didn´t know where the plot would take you for most of the game.

pools of darkness -> the best of the old gold boxes, huge, challenging battles and finally vga and sb-support

icewind dale -> we still kill the old way. looks like new, plays like one of the gold boxes. cool, literally...

baldur´s gate 2 -> more for being epic, i don´t like the development of the plot too much in the end...uhm...maybe even in the beginning it´s far too obvious where this all will take you. good graphics though.

eye of the beholder 2 -> the outside world sucked, but it still kicked ass in the cellars...

death knights of krynn -> pretty nice undead scenario.

savage frontiers saga -> though it had miserable critics i could draw a lot of fun out of it.

worst:

throne of bhaal -> unnecessary. it completed the plot, but somehow in a predictable and boring way.

secret of the silver blades -> argh. those tunnels. miles and miles and miles of stupid tunnels...

menzoberranzan/stone prophet/ravenloft -> mid 90´s were horrible for d&d rpg, i´d rather sticked to arkania and m&m then. better grafx, better gameplay.

hillsfar -> well, us gold and ocean were two of the early 90ies companies, whose success i could never comprehend. stupid jump´n´run adaption of krynn-scenario

heroes? of the lance -> another us gold-cripple.

[ September 09, 2002, 15:31: Message edited by: ettercap ]

8. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oh, yeah! Heroes of the Lance! I completely forgot about that. I had it on NES. I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but I was also like 8 and didn't know Tasslehoff Burrfoot from Ronald Reagan. Looking back, and now knowing the characters, I'd probably think it sucks...but not as bad as PoR :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.