1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

limited edition

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Bombur, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] So, assuming I make a midnight run to WalMart (anxious? who, me?), what's the difference between the standard edition and the limited edition?

2. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There's a wiki that breaks it down. Basically it depends on what country you're in. As I'm in Korea, I'm debating on whether I should mail-order it from back home (the US) or New Zealand.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Do you really think Walmart will have it on day 1, and that they'll actually have it out for sale at midnight? Is this something you've confirmed?

I ask because I live not so far from a Wal-mart myself. Typically Wal-mart is not quite so on the ball to have big games on the day of release, at least in my experience.

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Do stores actually do that? Have things available at midnight? I'm near 2 best-buys and a fry's :-P@

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My understanding is that the limited edition is more expensive and includes a bunch of useless guff like a cloth map (wooo!) and a pewter charm (woopee!).

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, just for fun, I called Wal-mart. It was only but a veiled hope, but I had nothing to lose. I wasn't surprised when the guy in the video game section game me a "I think we're gonna get that, but I don't have a date."

I am one of those who will be getting the limited edition. When it's a game I'm really stoked for, I appreciate those little extras... especially any behind the scenes interviews/music that sometimes get included on a bonus cd/dvd. Of course, these extra items only seem to hang around the house until my wife gets the whim to do a little spring cleaning... which she seems to do around 4 times a year! So apparently every season is spring in our house! :mad:

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Are you sure they didn't just list things differently, like "A ring" instead of "pewter ring" because of the translation difficulties?

I know some of them have 10day instead of 7day free trials for DDO, but that's a bad game if you're a D&D fan anyway :p . I want to get the game now, but it won't be out 'til 12-1pm PST because UPS is lame and slow....

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't even know what pewter is in my language (I don't even know if we have a word for a mixture of tin and lead), so that might be difficulties. :shake:

10. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Oh Lord do I ever wish I weren't an unemployed university student. I'd totally forgotten until today that this game was even coming out before Christmas, and any of my friends can tell you how much of a sucker I am for limited edition things. Oh well. I'm sure I'll at least be able to play it soon.

11. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Ain't that the truth. The UK version actually comes with NWN1 Platinum! I skipped the extras.

And to you Wal-Mart nay-sayers: you were right. Target came through on Wednesday.

12. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Still incredibly dissappointed with not being able to get the CE edition in stores. I'm finding the more I think about NWN2 the only thing that makes me angry/regretful is that Obsidian made it and made decisions for it and I hate them for not giving me a chance to get the CE version :p .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.