1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lim-Lim

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dragonsnake, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I was wondering what I can do with my Lim-Lim, than I read something about Lim-Lim craziness. Didn't encounter such a thing. Somebody to explane, plz? tnx

2. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've been told that you can get Marissa in the Brothel to turn your Lim-Lim to stone (although I never could get her to do it). Once you've got your stone Lim-Lim talk to that shopkeeper in the Lower Ward and he's supposed to allow you to join the anarchists.

I haven't been able to do this myself so I don't know if you can actually do it.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Lim-Lim craziness doesn't have to do with your pet Lim-Lim but rather with another Lim-Lim that goes mad killing everyone around him. This happens twice I think, once on the map before you enter the Trash Warrens and another time inside a house somewhere in the Alley of Dangerous Angles. Check the walkthroughs on the site for more info... I'm pretty sure I wrote about this in the Definite one, but it's been a while.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 17, 2001).]

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Do you know that you can let your Lim Lim loose in the underground maze and watch it massacre cranium rats?

5. Seric Exz Guest

Hm... I tried to release it in the room with Many-as-One, hoping for a bloodbath of epic proportions, but alas, the damnable creature just wandered around, doing *nothing*. Is there a special trick to get these Lim-Lims going?

6. herf Guest

i got bored one day so i let my lim-lim run free and i had dak'kon cast strength, power of one and all that crap on him, he killed larvals worms like ive never seen! he only done at most 15 damage with each hit but it was funny as fuck watching larval worms trying to hit him! he never even died! i think that the lim-lims are invincible to all your enemys!

you can turn a lim-lim to stone using marissa from the brothel, but you only get this dialogue option once and once only! make sure when u first talk to her that u have a lim-lim, you can use the lim-lim to join the anarchists, show it to scofflaw penn in the printing shop and he will let you join.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Any benefits of joining them? Like special weapons, etc?

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Tal, I always join Anarchists but thru Bedai Lihn! So to speak, I'm Anarchist. And with pet Lim-Lim you can't join Anarchists, just get stuff from their safe house (not very useful except second scroll of Cloudkill).

My Pet Lim-Lim impressions

by Extremist

Lim-Lim is a friendly buglike creature you'll spot wandering around at several places in the game. At Hive Marketplace you can buy your very own Lim-Lim. Cary it in your hand and pet it, don't harm it. This pet Lim-Lim is in fact your plus one party mamber NPC (like familiar in BG2). When placed on the floor your pet Lim-Lim will play around and watch on your sake. And if you are attacked, it will try to defend you and attack even the worst creature in the whole world. In most occasions it will fail to harm the attacker. But the attacker will be distracted by Lim-Lim and will leave you alone just to get rid of that annoying nut. While he is chasing Lim-Lim you just stab him from behind. Keep this in mind and pet your Lim-Lim some more. You don't have to feed it nor flatter it nor get it equipped nor listen to it's sick tales nor talk it into doing dirty things, and it costs only 40 coins. Ain't it a perfect NPC?

Trully I never managed to provoke Lim-Lim madness in my pet and I think it can't be done.
    Later in the game you can get it turned to stone and trade for Anarchists' safe house password if you think it's wise (you can't join Anarchists this way!).
    But no matter you do, Lim-Lim will die in in last stage from hostile environment. Can I get it back in Torment 2? Please!

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Heh heh, yes. The Lim Lim is cute. I thought of bringing one into the Warrens of Thought, but in the end I just stayed clear of the area.

10. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Tnx a lot, going to play the game again and try some stuff with the Lim-Lim.

11. Avooch Dar Guest

The advantage of joining the Anarchists is that you can then join lots of other factions at the same time. You will not get the bonuses of that faction (like sensory touch) but you will be able to get into previously restricted areas without having to lie or cheat (not that an anarchist would have a problem with that)

12. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ive used the lim-lim for both things and I think that both work very well. Joining the anarchists and through them all the other factions has some wonderfull benefits. I have also been able to get my lim-lim to attack some REALLY weird stuff, such as old mebbeth.

--FenixStrife

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hm, Avooch. I consider myself an anarchist in real life but I generally don't cheat in games. My point is to misuse the rules, not change them.

It is not a general rule that anarchists=criminals. Sometimes it happens, but...

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 08, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.