1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Life Sucks

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Kitrax, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I was going to post this in the Random Work/School Rant thread, but I haven't written a rant in my blog for awhile, so here we go.

I hate my job, and I want to quit!
    Unfortunately, I can't quit...if I do, I have to pay back all the money they've given me for school. I should have taken the voluntary layoff a few months back. :bang:

I hate my schizophrenic boss, all the s**t-talkers, the sheer boredom of not having much work to do, the retarded shift they forced on us, the f***ed up machine I have to babysit every night, the brain-dead development/equipment engineers that don't know what they're doing and mess up my machines, the fact that they've canceled all performance raises/bonuses/promotions/transfers, and I really hate the fact that even if I were to quit school now, I'd still be tied down to this damn job for a whole year. Oh yeah, I also hate the fact that they're forcing us to take all this time off, but they end up telling us only a week in advance, so we can't save up for a trip. I'm currently -70 hours in my vacation account, and they've told us that we're going to have to take another 60-80 hours off...but they don't know when yet...so they'll end up telling us a week in advance again. :flaming:

As for school, this quarter isn't too bad curriculum wise. I've got two bulls*** classes that I can pass in my sleep, and my electronics class isn't too hard either. However, working a full time job and going to school full time for the past 3 years is seriously killing me. My doctor told me that I'm showing symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, although he's reluctant to diagnose it officially. I don't really want him too either, because that just means he's going to try to get me to take depression pills, and I'm not touching that stuff.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hang in there (no pun inteded :shake:)... How much more schooling do you have to do?

3. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, it will be 3 full (non-stop) years this June. And depending on scheduling, it will probably take another 3 years. :bang:

So about 6 years for a standard 4-year bachelor's degree. :doh:

What irritates me the most is the fact that I've only failed one class (calculus) and dropped one other... Everyone knows a 8th year senior in a 4 year school, and it irks me to know that I'm going to end up being one of them...not because I'm dumb/lazy, but because my retarded work schedule and the idiots who make the class schedule at my school. :flaming:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yikes, that's a long time to go yet, and there doesn't seem to be any easy way out of it... definitely a bad position to be in. You'll have to decide whether you can go through another 3 years of it or if paying the money back would be a better option (if it's even viable). I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you somehow manage to pull through.

5. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, to add to my problems, some a**hole broke in to my car and stole my radio.

I really didn't need this to happen right now...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.