1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Let's make a story - WARNING: for PT maniacs only

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Extremist, Jun 30, 2001.

1. herf Guest

divine shadow, what the fuck are you doing?
    how the hell was the named one talking to fhujill and grace?
    the guy who was talking to the named one was alone with him in the lower planes, in the planes of the bloodwar, it was just those two alone, so please enlighten me and tell me how they were talking face-to-face?

please either delete the reply or edit it to fit in with the story.

2. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In my last post I ignored divines post. Is that OK? And Taluntain, If this story gets good enough, will you post it somewhere (sans the non-story parts)?

[This message has been edited by ClammyRyu (edited July 08, 2001).]

3. herf Guest

no, listen up, when ravel dies her incarnations dissapear after you talk to them or whatever but if you have a black barbed seed in your inventory when you talk to mebbeth in ragpickers square you can give her one before she dissapears. so what my buddy extremeist is trying to say is that maybe she somehow survived using the seed.

sure clammy thats cool, seeing as his post is totally screwed up anyway by his own hand i think we should all ignore it.

continue wiht the story, please.
    and me and exremeist dont fight, me and him are the master of torment, im writing a walkthough for it (already on the site) and hes helped me a lot with it.

[This message has been edited by herf (edited July 08, 2001).]

4. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31

All right, fine I got you. And I keep saying dude because I've been reading too much KODT.
    Fine, Ravel might be surviving, But can we get on with the story? besides, You and Extremist have got into a lot of spirited arguments.... Oh well. Is anyone planning to write something? If not I'll continue.

5. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31

All right, I'll add a 3rd dimension to this story.

On the grimy streets of the hive, A book lay in the dust. It was a plain book, nothing special. To any who passed by they felt a chill down their spine. Until one person scooped it off the floor. "Well, what do we have here?" Said the man. Isn't this Mantouk's book? The beggars on the street withdrawed, although they didn't know who Mantouk was or who the man was. The book writhed in his hands. "Please, Dust me off."
    Lothar grinned in curiousity. "Hmmmm.... What are you?
    "The grimoire of pestilential thought at your service."
    "Maybe I can get some information from you..... Just like a skull.......
    "Great. I've been lying here since that accursed Nameless man put me here. He got all high and mighty after I asked him to sell a friend into slavery, And left me here. No one has been brave enough to pick me up." The book seemed to weep, which was very odd since it had no eyes. "So, what do you need, MASTER? Maybe some advice, or some magical power....."
    "No book, you will give me information..."

--------------------------------------------

On thw plane of Mount Celestia, A woman named Ingress was dancing. She was whole again! Her lost parts had been restored. But now, the man that had helped her, the man who got her out of that accursed, dirty hellhole was in an even greater hellhole. Knowing That 2 Devas had already come to help his friends, She took a piece of the clouds, imbued it with magic, and sent it down with a psychic message: O Named one, he who helped me in my time of need, I help you in your time of need. With that she cast down the Fruit of her labour, the shield of holy divination. "May this guide you on your path of Torment." Ingress whispered.

---------------------------------------------
    At that A Shield hit the Named one on the head. "OOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!! BY THE HELLS!!!!!
    What was that?" He picked it up. It was a shield, Made of the purest white, That had a little hole through it. He also heard Ingress' voice in his head. He looked into the hole. He could see the furthest reaches of the plane! He would make good use of this, and muttering thanks to Ingress, he went on his way.

"Yessss.. It isss Ignus.... Where is Master? Died at his hand, yessss..."
    "no matter fiend, Now you will die!!!"
    Vhalior lunged at Ignus. Nordom stopped his hand. Subject "Ignus" Is non hostile. "Subject wishes to talk." "Recommended course of action: Parlay." "Silence Fool!" and Vhalior Sliced Nordom in half."System error.... Ctrl + Alt + Delete.... Reeboot Faileddd.....
    "No! Yeh Monster!" Annah lunged at him. "Enough Annah." Grace said. And chanted something. Nordom became whole again.
    "Improper shutdown detected. checking Hard Drive For errors.... Nordom Detects one error. Error Terminated." With that Nordom spit out a magic sword, but no one had noticed.
    "Now Ignus, what was it you wanted?" Grace said.......

While the rest were talking, Grace was still battling that urge. The urge to revert to her most primal form and tear everyone to shreds. Will she be able to fight it in this chaotic plane?

6. herf Guest

"Ignussss wants...to burnnnnn...hahaha" his voice grated and pieces of his cheeks fell off and smouldered on the ground, "Ignusss wantssss revenge!!! Revenge on thossssseee that hurrrrtt mee, Ignussssss hurrrrtttsss!"
    At this sight of emotion from this fearsome ball of flame Grace's heart melted, "Ignus we shall help you remove your pain, travel with us and we shall find the cause of your pain and, if we can, quench it."
    At this Vhailor lifted his helmet, his eyes glowing a fierce red and shining brilliantly in the background of the setting sun, "Lady Justice give me strength" on the word strength he lashed out at Ignus but Ignus simply floated back.
    And all hell broke loose on the plane of Limbo.
    Grace summoned lighting onto Vhailor, it streaked down from the sky and threw him back into the air, Annah ran towards Vhailor, dissapeared and melted into the shadows halfway there. Morte screamed insults at Vhailor, but he was too busy focusing on Ignus for them to have any effect.
    But Dak'kons attacks were the most impressive by far. Seeing the fight erupt he knelt down and scooped up a piece of the ground, holding it in his hands he threw it at Vhailor, in mid-air it shifted and changed becoming a great spear with barbed edges, it struck Vhailor square in the chest sending him flying even further backwards.
    He landed on the ground, his fall broken by something.
    "Git me outta haer ya numbskulls!" screamed Annah, pinned under Vhailor, her leather jerkin pierced by the spear, "Quick nae aye can hardly catch me breath!"
    With a great heave Dak'kon lifted Vhailors feet, suprised as they came off in his hands.
    "Party time!" Morte screamed in delight while tugging at Vhailors fingers.
    In moments the party had dis-assmebled Vhailor and Annah was free, bright red blood spilling through her jerkin. "Lay back Annah while i heal you."
    Annah could do nothing else, she didnt have enough energy to move. After Annah had been healed Grace proclaimd to the group, "We must est here fo tonight, she is too weak to move."
    Seeing the party hade no objections Grace set about making Annah more comfortable.
    Vhailor was dead, dismantled, and Ignus had joined the party, for whatever reasons we dont know...
    As Grace was making Annah comfortable she tripped over something shiny, she picked it up and examined it, "Hey isnt this..."

7. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Holy crit! I read wrong! I thought Named One was on Limbo too! I am really REALLY sorry. :(
    Erm...besides you read wrong too...the devas didn't follow the others. Only Fhjull did.
    ( The devas had other things to do, now this unknown chaos is threatening the planes)
    As you can see I have edited it so only NO and the mysterious man is present. Again I'm sorry.

8. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

He...he was...WHOLE AGAIN!
    His body...he had a body again. But...who where he? Why was he here?! He looked around. The landscape was a twisted grey
    desert. His looked at himself. A muscled
    man. Horribly scarred. He must have been a warrior once. He could barely remember anything.
    Justice. Justice shall be served. Mercy is a shield used by the weak. Justice is all.
    It kills the weak and gives life to the strong. Justice is not blind...for I am her eyes. This was the grey waste. Battle-fields of the blood war. Why was HE here? He was a defender of good! Yes that had to be the answer. He was here to kill the fiends, the reincarnated souls of criminals.
    A voice made him turn around. A famillar voice.
    " My pretty Vhailor...I knew you would come."

" Blast! Where is the blasted bastard?!" yelled cornugon Karaan frustrated. " We are nothing but easy pickings for the blasted
    Ta'naari here!"
    His abishai cohorts wasn't too happy either.
    They where looking for ONE escaped man.
    ONE. And the pit fiends hadn't even given them a reason. This better be impor...what was that?
    The portal opened and scaly horrors even the twisted Baatezu minds couldn't have imagined poured out and destroyed the entire unit before their screams had died out.

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

herf, you appear to have a *bit* of duplication in your post, or did you mean that? Anyway, I'll return to the named one if I may?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The named one shook his head groggily. Was the man he spoke to real? Or just an illusion produced by his mental exertion? Whatever the case, the important thing was to find a portal out of this place. But how? The thought occured to him that he could have passed thousands of portals, but been unaware as he had no key. If the mysterious wanderer had spoken the truth, he would *know* if the portal he found would lead him to the man's home. Possibly the key would be specific to the man he had met, maybe even the memory of the man, the sound of his voice. Or if the man was lying, or a figment of his imagination? Then the key must be something rare in this land, possibly a feeling of serenity or joy. The namd one set off down the mountain, at each cave, large skeleton, or other bounded space he stopped and thought of the conversation with the man, then pictured a pleasant meadow in Arcadia. Nothing. He continued on his journey, thankfully the fiends that occupied this waste were too busy fighting each other to care about him. Eventually, near the foot of the mountain he found a small crater. He thought of the conversation with the wanderer, and a blue glowing vortex opened in the ground. He leapt through.

The named one fell, then landed on a hard, iron-like surface. He looked around him. He was in a small room, cube shaped, with sides no more than six feet long and no visible exit. "SO," laughed a voice " You have arrived, have you... Captain?"
    "What?" asked the named one, "who are you, and why have you tricked me into coming here?"
    "You don't remember?", said the voice. the image of a man appeared in one of the walls. Similar to the nameless one, he was heavily scarred and bloody,wearing only a dirty loincloth and a few pitiful scraps of armour. "You don't remember your own trusted Lieutenant? I *am* disappointed Captain."
    The memory stirred, the named one could see the ragged column of men running through Oinos, with him at its head. Now he saw a man it his side, wearing a dented helm and some scraps of chainmail. He narrowed his eyes and spat. Trusted wasn't the word he'd choose. "You live?", he asked, incredulous, " but I thought..."
    "NO!" shouted the voice "YOU WERE CORRECT! I DIED" the image of the man was struck by a bolt of blue energy and reduced to vapour, "We *all* died ...except *YOU*. You let us die, knowing you could not! But I am a powerful Ta'naari now, and a life time in the Abyss has taught me a thousand new ways to *HATE*..."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 08, 2001).]

10. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31

Ok, I changed my post so that Grace Heals Nordom. That ok? And plus, Ironbeard, NO has
    A shield now, a divine shield that divines.
    Hey that rhymes!

As Grace examined the item, She sighed. Yes. It was. Celestial Fire, The sword of Trias."How did we get this?" She muttered aloud. Annah laughed."Aye, When tha berk Nameless Pardoned the fool Deva, I managed teh pilfer the sword and hide it in Nordom.
    Thought it might be worth a spot of jink, eh?
    but I never got tha chance. shame."
    "Silence Annah, you must rest. for now..."
    "Dak'kon, Could you come here?"
    "Yes Grace?"
    "Can you somehow alter this blade so that you can wield it?"
    I.... Do not "know". I shall try.
    With that Dak'kon Held the blade. The blinding light engulfed the party.
    When it was over, the blade had changed into the shape of a Karach, but not a Karach. And instead of the holy glow it once gave, it gives now a feeling of Chaos, But not chaos.
    "Will this do?" Grace asked.
    "In Zerthimon's name.." Dak'kon could not believe it."Yes, but first it must be blessed by a githzerai monk....

--------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, on Mount Celestia, Trias laughed.
    "Do you honestly think, Tiefling, That I did not feel you take it from me? I knew your party would need it sooner or later. I have no need for it now. I have given up my old sins and have followed enlightenment."
    Trias laughed again and continued with his duties.

On the other side of the mountain, Ingress was troubled. The one who had helped her was in trouble! "Use The shield" She whispered..

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

The walls in the cell were now covered with a seething mass of tentacles. the named one's mind was washed with agony. "This isn't right..." he grunted "Ghysis told me...berks who die in .... GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH....Blood war....come back as fodder...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......and don't remember who they were.....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!"
    "Ordinarily this is so..." chuckled the voice, " but I am an exception, the powers that be *need* me to find you, damned if I know why..." the voice stopped, then said in mock surprise "well, whaddaya know? I *am* d-"
    Suddenly the named one could hear Ingress' voice - "use the shield". He glanced into the hole in the middle of the shield, and could just discern another entity, and *knew* he'd known this one in a previous life as well... memory stirred. He was back in Oinos, at the head of his company, but now he could see another lieutenant. unlike the rest of the company, this man proudly wore a polished breastplate and fine sword. He marched in perfect time and sung constantly of honour and glory. The memory faded...perhaps...this was the named one's only chance. He focused on the entity, willing it to come to him. He sensed it nearing. Suddenly the walls of the cell burst asunder and a new voice, deep and booming, rang out.
    "Rauxel, you always were the wheedling traitor, weren't you! And now, chaos spawn, you try to steal what is rightfully ours. The captain was *contracted* to Baator, and we *shall* have him..."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 26, 2001).]

12. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

" Who are you woman?!" Vhailor yelled.
    " I *know* you...yet I can't remember."
    The woman sat on the back of a large lizard.
    She wore a blue hood so her face was concealed. He had a feeling she watched his every move. Then she began to laugh.
    A familliar laugh Vhailor had heard only from the most black-hearted criminals he had slain. " My pretty. I am your creator."
    " You are NOT my creator. You are a foul criminal."
    " I have created you. From the death of your family, when you joined your faction, when you butchered criminals and innocents alike."
    " NO!" Vhailor screamed. I AM DIRECTED BY JUSTICE HERSELF! I...AM...HER...EYES!"
    The woman laughed again.
    " You WAS. You are truly dead now my pretty.
    You thought you where serving the good, but I pulled your strings. All your deeds eventually served ME. You are going to hell...unless you do me a little favor."
    "NEVER VILLAIN!" he screamed agrily.
    " Oh...I don't think you understand."
    she said softly.
    " I am the only thing that holds you alive. Without me you will become a tanarii. And MY powers will allow your essence to live on and watch through your eyes as you
    spread criminality to all the multiverse. And you don't wan't that to happen do you my pretty?"
    For the first time in his life Vhailor knew fear. With a thin voice he whispered:
    " What is you wan't?"

" Go away traitor." the githzerai monk barked.
    " Or we shall leave you for the githyanki!"
    Dak'kon nodded and silently walked back to the party.
    " Noone will help me." he whispered.
    " They hate me as they hate the githyanki.
    In enduring we grow strong. My spirit will...grow from this so I may *know* myself.
    No...I already *know* myself. And I am a deformed monstrosity." There was tears in his eyes.
    "Dak'kon..." Grace whispered but she couldn't find anything to say. She knew how he felt. But his scars where even deeper than hers.
    "Firk ding blast! Now what?!" Annah muttered. " We have already been in 3 cities! Blasted berks!
    If they where in his situation how..."
    "And let us not forget our mission!" Fhjull snarled. "This evil must be defea..."
    Oh no. He was starting to sound like...a...a DEVA!
    " I don't care 'bout your frickin mission!"
    Annah screamed "Dak'kon is dying!"
    " Don't worry. I have strong magical powers.
    I may be able to hel..." NOW HE DID IT AGAIN!
    " You basterds!" Annah screamed at the githzerai monks. " I thought you where supposed to protect servants of Zerthimon!"
    Her fiendish blood reacted to her anger and her clothing began to cathch fire.
    " HE IS DYING! DYING!" She fell to the ground shaking in anger.
    " We shall give him a chance to prove himself in the eyes of Zerthimon."
    a monk finally said. " Against me. A battle of minds, the spirit or agility and strength?!"

[This message has been edited by Divine Shadow (edited July 10, 2001).]

13. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31

Divine Shadow, Are you a fan of the Knights?
    Well, Here goes...

Dak'kon pondered. "Give me a moment."
    "By the way, Who are you?" Grace asked.
    "Ach'ali drowning." The monks simply said.
    "It is not relevant."
    "Dak'kon, Do you "know" what you want?"
    "Yes... a battle of strength. To test my new blade Limbo's Wrath."
    The blade hummed in Dak'kons' grip, as if agreeing.
    "Very well. Let us begin."
    The first monk stepped up and began thinking.
    "Yes... This is a proper form."
    He took the form of an old githzerai, muscled but wise and sleek. One Dak'kon knew as.....
    "No.... Zerthimon..."
    "Dak'kon, fight your urge!" Morte cried.
    The blade was humming. Dak'kon had to make his descision fast..

[This message has been edited by ClammyRyu (edited July 11, 2001).]

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

Dak'kon lowered his blade and dropped his head. "I-I cannot," he said, " I revere the father of the People too much to raise my sword against him, even in image only."
    "Ach, ye pikin' idiot," swore Annah, " d'ye want te fail the test an' die?"
    A smile played over Zerthimon's lips and his form changed back to that of the monk. "Congratulations, Dak'kon," he intoned, " *know* that that was but a standard test of humility. If you had struck a blow against Zerthimon, you would not be a true zerth. I may even go so far as to say you would not have been a true Githzerai. Now for the true test." The monk's form shifted again, and became female, a warrior queen, strong and proud. "I am now Gith, the enemy of all githzerai. You should have no reservations in striking this form," he...she? said. The githyanki and the githzerai drew their swords and prepared to do battle...

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited August 23, 2001).]

15. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31

Dak'kon Drew his blade. It glowed with a strange light..
    "There cannot be two skies."
    With that Dak'kon lunged at the Githyanki.
    The Githyanki drew her sword. She deflected Dak'kon's blow and made a lunge for his throat. Dak'kon made a great leap and thrust his blade at her head. She parried the blow.
    "In Zerthimon's name.." Dak'kon lowered his head and stepped back. A green glow surronded him and he became more focused.
    He deftly lunged at her and twisted the blade so that a parry would be useless. She took her sword and jumped back. "Very good, Zerth. I "Know" you are a skilled swordsman. Now face my wrath multiplied!" She took her sword and split it into two.The halves immediately became wholes. She made another ploy for Dak'kon, one sword coming in from the left, the other sword from the right. Dak'kon angled his blade and threw his sword at the left one. The sword on it's way back parried the right one. He made an unorthodox attack for her legs, which she blocked.Then he attacked her arms. She put her swords in position to parry, but Dak'kon changed the angle of his attack and cut her leg.
    "Ha ha. First blood, Zerth."
    She came at Dak'kon in a flurry of swipes, leg, foot, leg, foot. Dak'kon "Knew" That this was only a ploy to get him in a routine, and then change it to catch him off guard. So he sidestepped out and chanted.
    Out of him flew 5 bolts of red energy, which promptly struck her.
    Then while she was occupied, Dak'kon made a lunge for her stomach.
    "Halt! I yield. You are a true Zerth Dak'kon.
    I bless your blade." The githyanki held up her hand, turned back into the monk, and blessed him. His health was immediately returned, and his blade shifted, until it took the form of a Karach. "I shall tell the githzerai you are not anymore a pariah, and you will be "Known" to us again.
    Hail, Dak'kon Of Shra'k'tlor.(?)"
    I thank you too.
    "Yes!" Fall-From-Grace was clapping.
    "I knew yeh could do it, zerth." Annah looked impressed.
    "Good job, Gith. I would clap, If I had hands." Morte grinned.
    "Unit "Nordom" Extends=congratulations to subject : Dak'kon."
    "Ignussss aknowledgesss your skilll. But he still wantsss revenge..." Ignus' flames were leaping.

[This message has been edited by ClammyRyu (edited July 11, 2001).]

16. Jander Sunstar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The excitement did not last long, for a strange mist was starting to surround them. No one could see a thing except the thick gray mist starting to twirl around them and covering the whole area. They could hardly hear each other but they desperately tried to seek a way out of the fog. They did escape the fog after several minutes, or rather it was the fog itself that dissipated. They stood now in a dark menacing forest with gloom surrounding their every senses.
    In front of them a stood a young black tanned man with yellow trousers and a green jacket, "Ah very interesting fellas this time, welcome Giorgio, welcome to Barovia"

Note: Skip this if you like but I wanted to say that a sequel in Ravenloft would definitely be intertesting :)

[This message has been edited by Jander Sunstar (edited July 12, 2001).]

17. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Well a journey into Ravenloft would certainly be greay, but I have no knowledge of this world so I can't write
    anything. :(
    Personally I don't think we shouldn't let them journey into Ravenloft if it isn't important to the plot. (Summoned by a person vital to the plot for example).
    I think we should vote about this, as not everyone here might know the Ravenloft setting.

Lothat was tired. It was an odd feeling he hadn't experienced in centuries.
    It was because of the grimoire and the knowledge it contained.
    Even though it weakened him, he would soon be a thousand times stronger.
    If just Mantouk or the Nameless One had known what it contained if you asked the right questions...particular the Nameless One.
    Lothat had opened the book with the aid of his great powers, and now knew of its hidden knowledge. The plans of a war on such a scale, that the bloodwar seemed like a scirmish. And indeed it was.
    The bloodwar was just a part of the plan.
    Who created the plans or for what purpose
    he could not say.
    And the Nameless One and the skull was the keys to it all.
    If only he had known about it before...
    Both of them contained pure divine power.
    A power many would destroy planes to get
    their hands on. Were they possesed by this mysterious creator or were they just mere pawns?
    Soon he would know.
    And then nothing would be able to stop him.

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31

I personally know nothing about Ravenloft, but I have nothing against you moving the story there if you wish. I don't know much about planescape either, and ought to take a back seat in this. As Vhailor and TNO have been separated from the party, they can remain in the Planescape world. btw. is someone going to take up the reins of TNOs story...I've been running with it for a while.
    The named one lay shocked from the blast. For the first time he could see the form of his captor, Rauxel. A seething mass of claws and tentacles, unlike any fiend he'd seen before. Three heads occasionally emerged from the mass and snapped wildly. "FOOL", barked Rauxel at the towering reptilian form before him, clad in golden armour. "YOU CANNOT WIN, CANTOR, THE CAPTAIN IS MINE NOW!"
    "We shall see, oh honourless one." said Cantor in a measured voice, drawing a twelve foot long flaming sword. A mental blast pinned the named one in place as his two old lieutenants fought, sword interlocking with claw. The plane itself shook as the two combatants lunged and sidestepped. Rauxel's claws snapped at Cantor's shoulder, tearing great plates of gold away. The flaming sword crackled and leapt, scything through tentacles like butter. Rauxel fell back with a hiss, and freed the named one with a thought. Words flashed across the named one's mind *GO, I AM BEATEN, BUT THE BAATEZU SHALL NOT HAVE YOU* A portal opened and the named one felt compelled to jump into it. In the split second before he jumped, he had the presence of mind to hold Ingress' shiled over the portal. All seemed well , a richly furnished room, with lavishly fronded plants, and a number of inviting young ladies. Too good to be true. He looked harder. These ladies...they reminded him of someone....of course! With wings, and small horns, they would be doppelgangers for Fall from Grace! Succubi, with the more obvious fiendish features concealed by hasty illusion. The portal led to the Abyss, the named one turned from it.
    Cantor assumed a look of mock pity, "Dear me, Rauxel, you really aren't trying very hard. You think that I'd be fooled into thinking a Taan'nari had that little fight in him?" Cantor chuckled, "It seems our Captain hasn't fallen for your simple trick either." The named one rolled behind a rock as the battle of the fiends continued.
    Vhailor scowled, his teeth gritted and his fingers tightened around an axe which was no longer there. "You LIE!" he snarled " You ask me for services, then refuse to tell me. You say I will turn into a Taan'nari. ME! I have seen those fools who become Taan'nari. Cowards and Traitors all. I am not one of them! I do not shrink from duty, or cower under the false shield of mercy! When I speak holy justice I do NOT break its voice with whimpering!"
    "nevertheless, " laughed the woman, "The Abyss is your destiny, unless you obey me. For one who has devoted his life to order, it will be intolerable... but it is what you will face...*murderer*"
    Vhailor could barely reatrain himself " Murderer?" he spat, " those who call me murderer are self-deluded liars who bleat the name of mercy! Mercy is *naught*! It is cowardice which dare not even speak its name!"
    The woman on the lizard fixed Vhailor with a steely gaze and he fell silent.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 17, 2001).]

19. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

"You are just a mere puppet Vhailor!" she spat "And I have painstakingly carved you from the best materials known...pain, anger, sorrow...just like the rest of my collection."
    The woman made a gesture and a large mirror appeared in her hands. "Watch!" she commanded and even though Vhailor tried to resist he couldn't. A fammilliar image of a winged woman appeared.
    " First have a look at this woman.
    Or rather...she would LIKE to be one.
    But in fact...nothing can change the nature of a anything and she has fallen from grace. Fall-from-grace...that is what she calls herself. And within short time she will not be able to control her nature anymore."
    An image of another younger woman appeared.
    " This girl is a half-breed fiend...a tiefling. She was raised by one of Sigils lowest scoundrels. She wears a...mask.
    She tries to cloud her feelings, but it is those that makes her very easily influenced.
    You know her as Annah."
    Vhailor felt like his blood boiled.
    The depravity of this manipulating abomination!
    Another image appeared.
    " Ah this is my pretty Ignus.
    Or at least that is what he belives he is.
    He is a ghost as you and has nothing to loose anymore. I am glad to help him direct his destructive powers when it serves me.
    A traitor that doesn't even know it."
    The image changed again.
    " This is my favorite. A young man that has lost everything and seeks justice."
    "NO!" Vhailor screamed horrified.
    " Look at it! This is the beginning of a tale! A tale of YOU...murderer!"

20. herf Guest

"Dak'kon of Shakralator, come in and rest, you have fought a hard duel and your friends can barely stand." the monksaid with his head lowered, "your family have been waiting for this day, they will be pleased to know you once more *know* yourself and not your faults."
    As the party walked though the city they were watched closely by the inhabitants, as they saw Dak'kon the peoples face grew wide with shock and the walls around them rippled and shuddered. With a great effort the all regained their composure and the low squat buildings straightened.
    Dak'kon hung his head in shame as the walls around him were temporarily weakened by his presence, he feared that he would once again sow fear and illogical thoughts into the minds of the people.
    At last they stopped in front of a building that would be considered a mud hut by the biths standards, "This is my house," Dak'kons voice grated slowly and unsteadily "You ae welcome"
    "Tis naten but a hovel" Annah whispered to Morte.
    "Reminds me of a few places..." Morte chatered and bobbed.
    Fall-from-grace turned with a worried look on her face "Please, we need the rest and we must look strong for Dak'kons sake."
    As the party entered the house a young woman was standing in the centre of the only room, as she saw Dak'kon her head dropped.
    The walls started to crumble and dip, they even ripped somewhere above the entranceway.
    "You...You have brought grief upon me, i am *cough* sick, Dak'kon you must...help me to *know* myself, our child will die otherwise *cough*"
    "Bairn?!?! Bairn?!?!," Annah shouted in surprise, "the gith has a brat in dis hovel?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.