1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lerrahud - stats -966666 (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Kailynne Johanne, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have no idea why stats, armor or THCAO are of interest at this point... They are of so little interest to me that I barely look at them unless someone asks...
    Armor.. Plate +1
    AC - varies by number of potions of Agility or Mind Focusing taken... Moves between -2 and -12
    Gold - more than any PC should have.. 35-40kgp depending upon how many potions I need to or find to buy at any given point
    THACO - Main (with Blade of Roses) -3
    ... OFF (with nearly any weapon) 3 to 0

(My opinion of his luck factor ---- Horrible)

However, as has been told in this story, those are just numbers, some much better than other characters I have run through this game with far less trouble.. so the number really are meaningless to me...

Key items carreid/used... Staff of Air, Efreeti Bottle, Vhailor's Helm, 2 Rings of Invisibility, Potions, potions, potions... Sheild of Harmony, Tuigan Bow, Bag of Holding... Boots of Speed, Girdle of Hill Giant Strength, Guantlets of Weapon Skill

Just "lost" Drown Plate Armor +5 upon leaving the Underdark.

And, for some reason, he doesn't seem to be able to use scrlls very well at all, even after dinking potions of Mind Focusing.

2. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

But Kailynne, the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind: did Lerrahud sleep with Phaere, or not? (-:

Also, I'm curious: why couldn't you get those eggs? I thought that if you killed the Matron Mother and Phaere, you could loot the eggs off their corpses?

3. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

<<Phaere rewarded me with a night unlike any that I have ever experienced before. Woohoo!>>

That ought to answer the question about whether Lerrahud got his ashes hauledor not...

As for the eggs, I looked and they weren't there after the battle with the Matron Mother, Phaere and the demon. Maybe I missed them.. didn't really matter as at that point, all Lerrahud wanted was to get to the surface... He was frustrated and figured he'd just go check that door again.. Extra loot was pointless, reputation could be buoght... Who really cared if he revisited the snotty dragon?... So, he just went invisible and rna for the gate.

4. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Heh. Go, Lerrahud!

If you're not opposed to cheesy tactics, you can always run the hell away from Irenicus and wait for all that crap he cast on himself to wear off. It eventually does. My solo mage did this in the last battle in Hell, because Irenicus kept kicking his ass. Well, an ass-kicker he may be, but he's apparently too lazy to chase you if you move off-screen. Too bad being in the Slayer form that long didn't kill him; twould have been a fitting end. (-: An invisibility/non-detection combo might work equally well while being much less exploitative of his poor AI--I mean, Irenicus really might NOT be able to find someone with systemic invisibility and non-detection who just sat there quietly and didn't attack him or anything. I don't think anything involving invisibility is necessarily cheesy in real life, after all. (-:

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Congrats, Kailynne. Knew you could do it.... Pity about Immie though. Next time, pick a less vulnerable pack horse.... :( In any case, between Imoen and Lerrahud, I'd even betray my childhood friend.... Keep it up!! As for Irenicus, once again.... No items which can help you??

6. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Chapter 6 Wasting time, unfinished quests, etc...

Completed following quests (already at XP cap)
    Shade Lord quest - ++...........used Mace of Disruption +2 for the
    ...............................,level drain protection

--tried to take on Shadow Dragon, after three reloads.

Trademeet/Mantle of Waukeen - +......protection from undead scroll
    Anarg/Fallen Palasins - +.............simple step n fetch it
    Catpain Dennis/Delosar's Inn - ++....potion of speed, run up&down stairs

Cult of the Unseeing Eye (see below parts)
    Rift Dungeon - + .........used Mace of Disruption +2
    ..................................used Shield of Balduran
    Ghould Lord Hideout - +++...2 reloads
    Blind Preists - ++... 1 reload
    Lower Reaches/Grand Beholder - +++... 2 reloads (needed to sleep
    ........................ and use an ally-Efreeti)
    Ghoul Town - +
    Encounter with Gaal = +

Considering going out and doing the Firkrag dungeon.... Possibly Firkrag...

----more to come-----
    Player note...
    After the Ghoul Lord's encounter, I am wearing the Gauntlets of DEX for the "permanent" AC benefit. These replace the Gauntlets of Weapon Skill I was wearing...

As can be seen above, few real challenges left... Lerrahud, now a Lvl 19 Fighter, with "normal" loot worn, is effectively taking on the unfinished quests - even Captain Dennis was little trouble.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 20, 2001).]

7. zaknafein Guest

i was just going over the lerrahud story a bit and when i saw the bit where you had reached the exp cap and only had 76 hp i almost freaked. sapro has 86 hp at lvl 9

8. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Just double-cheked again - yup, Lerrahud" reached his XP cap with 76 hit poitns... That, of course, can be supplemented with certain items, helms, belts, etc. But, all have a price - in that you then can't use that slot to wear somethig else.. (Ex., Girdl eof Strength or Gridle of Fortitude... make a choice)

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 20, 2001).]

9. drm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You've been quiet for some time now.. You still playing this?

10. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

drm - had to figure out completely new tactics. You're welcome to try it if you think you can do it quicker/better.

Firkraag...
    Dungeon (minus the dragon) was almost a piece of cake. Took out djinn guardians with Horn of Silence then Air Elemental attack. Sleep. Repeat.

Took out the Semia party with potion of speed, hit and run tactic and use of ring/potions of invisibility. This party was the toughest part of the dungeon outside the dragon itself.

Took out both Adamantite Golems (up and downstairs) by trapping them in a doorway followed by wailing on them with two-handed swords and then stepping back and using the Sling of Everard on them. (Just using the Sling was too cheesy, though it's what I'd have down considering that the golems were trapped in their areas in the first place.)

The dragon...however, was a different story. After 24 failed attempts/reloads where I simply had no chance using any type of straight on attacks or run around the dragon lair and try for sword swings attacks (no matter what or how many potions or preps I used).... finally deceided to do the infamous run-shoot-run tactic... This allowed a single Tuigan bow/arrow shit after coming down the stairs. Only 2-6 hit points of arrow & acid damage after each successful shot. Also tried the Sling of Everad for its +5THACO since I wasn't getting any real advantage from the bow's speed. Damned red dragon still occasionally got off a breath of fire/wing buffet on me - fire resistance only stopped me from dying, not from being badly burned, most times. Over a period of five game days, used the following tactic - (heal) downstairs, shoot dragon, run back upstairs, repeat (sleep occasionally)... the dragon finally fell...[still took 4 reloads after beginning this tactic]... But, this felt REALLY REALLY cheesy. Almost (though not quite) exploitive. (I mean the dragon couldn't fit up the stairs anyway...but he would certainly not stayed there after having been repeatedly injured.)

Anyway, got the armor, which is what I wanted....Now, I have to decide if I really want it or not as I am wearing Balduran's armor already! 8-)
    ----more to come-----

Player note - really forgot the actual stats of this armor which is why I went after it in the first place!

11. drm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

HEy.. I apologize if I seemed to be insulting you.... Just trying to egg you on, guy.

12. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Pushing up daisies....

Lerrahud waltzed through the woods and precursor areas to Suldenesslar with minimal problems. It was almost boring as he could not get level drained due to his special mace... Likewise, his wearing Traechie's armor and carrying a big, honking shield to go with his Gauntlets of Dexterity got his AC so low that he faced no challenges until he hit the elven city.

Golems, why did there have to be so many golems? And they are FAST! Well, after a few reloads, eventually they were all taken out by luring and isolating them one at a time and killling the biggest ones with that BigE sling.

Lerrahud never got to the dreaded Black dragon or the encounter with Irenicus - his scrolls and potions of magic resistance were used up in taking on all of the Rajahs and Maharajahs... Some dozen-plus reloads later, enough is enough. Lerrahud cannot beat them.

Challenge is over. Lerrahud is pushing up daisies with no chance of restarting. I have simply had enough.

This challenge was extremely interesting from the get go. However, as the chapters wore on and the encounters increased in difficulty, the number and frequency of reloads became overwhelming. At some point, you just have to figure/say that, in this game, straight fighters just can't handle incredibly powerful or massed magic users without cheesey tactics, cheating or a combination of the two.

After surviving long enough to buy/pick up the Girdle of Strenght, the initial stats for this character were no longer a limiting factor. It was the fact that he was a solo fighter. At least that is my take.

End of story.

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Farewell, Lerrahud. you struggled well and bravely. (-:

It's interesting that a solo fighter is such a pain in the ass to play compared to a solo mage. I totally believe it, though--it sounds like a frustrating ride.

14. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

The pain in the ass, as you put it, is from the requirement to confront, deal with and overcome something for which the class is not designed. Just as mages are poor melee fighters, in general, solo fighters are poor anti-magic forces. Add to that the 966666 stat enforced requirement to compensate for those low stats simply to survive and you limit the ability of the character to overcome the class vs class advantage/disadvantage equation. I think that for comparison, I will run a pure fighter with "normal" stats through and see how he fairs.

My previous solos have all involved some use of magic/spellcasting - bard, shapeshifter(druid) and mage. Thus, the magic vs non-magic confrontation was not faced. Instead, those solos pitted magic specialization against general purposeful survivability... Thus, the Lerrahud solo was a horse of a completely different color for me... It combined two different elements, only one of which I was prepared for - the low stats and compensating for them in melee.

15. zaknafein Guest

ashes to ashes dust to dust may this tormented soul rest in peace:sosad:
    i will honour your memory with future deeds(just as with khalid)

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

A pity. The end was too hard I suppose. Also the dragon would be a problem that could not be solved. This man cannot kill a black dragon alone. You need too much potions and without magic it is too hard indeed. It was a brave challenge and you came far, more far then I eveer expected. Congratulations with your vicory, even thought it is a victory through death! Lerrahud has found his freedom at least in death. Lerrahud, this is for you:

And darkness covers all the land
    the silent river flows
    the jesters dance around the flame
    playing an ancient song

A song of mighty warriors
    of epic bloody fights
    while moonlight meets the manor's walls
    and I must close my eyes

Another tale of infinite wars
    for the defenders of holy light
    the fire enters my mind
    the blood of the innocent before my eyes
    spreading the wings of the dream
    I want to win between fire and steel
    for them all

The magic twittering of the birds
    meets the light of dawn
    the ancient song is fading now
    but my old dream carries on

Oh, cruel, destiny... The tears soon covered the warrior's face and Lerrahud, the beloved warrior, closed his eyes for the last time, happy to have found the freedom... at least in death...
    Fly... fly high, mighty warrior... Your name will always be remembered by the people of the enchanted lands... and your memory will march with us forever against the hordes of the black lord for the salvation of the enchanted lands.

Goodbye, brother... goodbye...!

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited October 24, 2001).]

17. zaknafein Guest

[​IMG] thats beutiful man:cry:

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It's from the epic symphonic metal band Rhapsody. They are great so when you wanna read and listen some more, download some of Rhapsody (I can advice the song Emerald Sword)

Bye Lerrahud, at least your topic still lives on, however you are dead :)

19. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Well, it's been a few days now since his demise and with distance comes - what/ Acceptance? Clairty? Relief? I am not sure.. However...

I think the combination of the REAL Man and Lerrahud stories should lay to rest the ideas that tactics are unnecessary or cheesy, that ability stats make any real different in how far you can go (if you are in a party) and how "easy" it is to play solo. It's not "easy"; it's different. Tactics are not cheesy - they are especially necessary in a solo. You can go pretty damn far regardless of your stats so long as you find and use what is available to overcome those limitations.

Again, I appreciated all of you guys' and gals' support - this was one of the most frustrating - and rewarding - games I have played since buying BG1. It would have been "over" earlier had I nt felt a commitment to going as far as possible and reporting about it to you guys. So, it was as much your game as mine. Thanks.

20. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

Again, apologies for replying to a oldish thread, my first time browsing this board.

Good effort Kailynne. I am not sure whether I would have the patience, in fact I am certin I wouldn't. :)

Your analysis is interesting, the inability to combat magic was ultimately Lerrahuds undoing rather than the poor stats.
    I wonder how different it would have been if Lerrahud had been a level 1 mage with minimum allowable int for mage dualed to fighter immediately at lvl2 and had the same poor stats (except int). You would have to reduce strength after dualing of course (or leave it at 17 and int at 15 for dualing)

stats of 17 6 6 15 6 6

This would then allow him to have a "use any mage item" ability and would overcome the remaining "roadblock".

Good creative writing as well.

Cheers,

WittyNewt

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.