1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lerrahud - stats -966666 (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Kailynne Johanne, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I love when you tease me Kailynne :). The boots of speed has nothing to do with the planar sphere. Are you familiar with the Astral prison? If you aren't then there is a whole new gaming experience just waitng for you and bigL. here you'll find the boots of speed.

Anyway I am happy to see that our hero still going strong. Cheers mate!

EDITED HERE: sorry I didn't give you a hint. Five Flagons Inn

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 12, 2001).]

2. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Planar Sphere.. Astral Prison... they are just names... You did notice that I accidentally wrote Planar Sphere twice didn't you - specifically referring to two different places? Anyway, both are part of the handful of quest places in the game where, once entered, you cannot exit unti you complete the quest. Yeah, I know the Astral Prison is part of the Haer Daelis' quest... I did mention the Warden, didn't I?

Anyway, you get the general idea... I don't want to go there yet...

I have to admit that another part of my reason for not heading there is that I try to roleplay Lerrahud as having as little of my prior game knowledge as possible. For instance, because he has to stand so long in front of secret doors to find them (literally ten seconds on a 1.13GHZ computer in some cases), he has not yet found the entrance to Meekrath's tower. Remember, this is a human, not a demi-human - no infravision.

And he has an INT of 6 - functional INT that only periodically gets raised by potion use, and then only to average INT. (I will also say that I am using my experience with INT-challenged people in real life as guides in how long he is able to concentrate on any particular goal. That is why he doesn't pursue any particular quest directly to its conclusion - he decides enough is enough and sleeps or heads to a tavern to lick his wounds more often than other characters I have played - he's a socially inept, easily distracted teenager! [no insult intended to all the teens on the board]).

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 12, 2001).]

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] HEY!!! I'm a teen, I'm fourteen! Are you prejudiced against youth??!!! :mad::grr::nolike::flaming:

No, actually, I don't mind that much, but.... I have to flame some, don't I? ;)

I notice that you get much more press than I do, Kailynne, but oh well.... You play faster. Plus you're one of the "greats" of role-playing, so ... allowances can be made. ;)

Either that or the other visitors of these boards are anti-teen just like you!!

Shameless plug. Go here: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003932.html I'm soloing.... Though I'm not as good as Kailynne.

4. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

The quick and honest response to tiamat's angst - all of us who are no longer teens have memories of what being a teen was...it's hard to forget. Angst. Hormones. Social discomfort --- tell you what... some things may not change even as an adult... So, don;t take any of this personally. It's a narrative tool to allude to assumed commonalities.

5. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not all teenagers are socially inept and overly distractible--but surely you know some who are, Tiamat. (-: It's a type, that's all. Not all girls are naive and whiny, either, but Aerie is, and that's a valid personality for her to have, not a slam on the female gender. (-:

I'm enjoying the adventures of Lerrahud the hapless teenager.

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Me too. Sorry about the mix up Kailynne. You know; Warden, Tolgerias, they are all the same :D

I really admire your persistance and it must be a joy to watch Lerrahud grow. You have done it again. Made a great adventure. I do miss the dwarves but Lerrahud does the work :)

I agree that you should wait too with those captured, locked up places. Good point about beeing caged. I am looking forward till Lerrahud departures from Athkatla.

7. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

I walked through the Graveyard again, just to ensure that that kid's ghost was resting quietly and found that there was an underground area. It was very infested with spiders of all sorts - notice I said "was." As I left the now cleared area, I took with me a figurine of a spider... maybe some art shop wants this?

Went to sell some stuff in the Bridge District and ran across a non-Wizard dressed all in red. Followed him into a building where he had kidnapped some noblewoman. The guy's henchmen killed him in fornt of my eyes and the woman mouthed off at me when I met her. Okay, be that way I thought. She remains rotting upstairs in that same building right now - I just couldn't bring myself to tell her hat her captors were gone or dead. Serves her right I say. I AM a LORD myself, after all.

Speaking of which, my official title now is Lerrahud, Lord of DeArnise Keep, Hero of Trademeet. Yes, I took it upon myself to venture into the realms and investigate the mercantile problems - especially as some caravan owner became ticked at me when I refused to act as his insurer of last resort after his caravan was lost to bandits. So, to try to entice other merchants to provide what my serfs need, I went to Trademeet and helped them out with a little problem. Seems that Dao Djinns were mucking things up for the merchants there and after I removed the Dao himself, well, the merchants granted me this new title. Looks good on me doesn't it? You like this new necklace? I do - they say it has some kind of protection against poison, something that ought to come in handy when I play with my spider figurine, don't you think?

Oh, while I was down Trademeet way, I took out some tree huggers that seemed to have lost their way from neutrality. I had to sneak past a couple of other parties in that Grove down there... they seemed to be plotting something and my armor was creaking from the rust caused by all the swamp water down there. Anyway, found this house with some old lady in it, bought a couple of potions from her and then she morphed into a nasty looking pussy cat, a big one! I was forced to kill her with a little help from my arachnid friend. Afterwards, I returned to Trademeet where the merchants showed me a statue of myself they had commissioned! I was impressed with its magnificence - as I am sure you would be if you saw it.

Some woman then came up and told me about her boy crying... Long story short... took out some hump and his girl who were stealing other people's skins. Yuck. I just don't understand what gets into some people. That was one death I caused that I do not regret. I need to get back to the raucous quiet of Hendak's Copper Coronet.

--------more to come---------

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 13, 2001).]

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Lerrahud we are proud of you, and your doings. And gladly welcome you as our own. Did you have any difficulties in trademeet? we thought you would have had a hard time there. Perhaps too hard? Now we shall enjoy a beer in peace by Hendak although we don't come there often.

Cheers and good winds.
    NobleSociety

of the record. Well Done Kailynne. It seems that you have passed the big test. Going outside Athkatla. Now you should enjoy your life at the surface as long as you stay there. Are you planning on going to spellhold in the very end, after you hit the XP-cap, or just before?

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 13, 2001).]

9. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

I walked through the Graveyard again, just to ensure that that kid's ghost was resting quietly and found that there was an underground area. It was very infested with spiders of all sorts - notice I said "was." As I left the now cleared area, I took with me a figurine of a spider... maybe some art shop wants this?

Went to sell some stuff in the Bridge District and ran across a non-Wizard dressed all in red. Followed him into a building where he had kidnapped some noblewoman. The guy's henchmen killed him in fornt of my eyes and the woman mouthed off at me when I met her. Okay, be that way I thought. She remains rotting upstairs in that same building right now - I just couldn't bring myself to tell her hat her captors were gone or dead. Serves her right I say. I AM a LORD myself, after all.

Speaking of which, my official title now is Lerrahud, Lord of DeArnise Keep, Hero of Trademeet. Yes, I took it upon myself to venture into the realms and investigate the mercantile problems - especially as some caravan owner became ticked at me when I refused to act as his insurer of last resort after his caravan was lost to bandits. So, to try to entice other merchants to provide what my serfs need, I went to Trademeet and helped them out with a little problem. Seems that Dao Djinns were mucking things up for the merchants there and after I removed the Dao himself, well, the merchants granted me this new title. Looks good on me doesn't it? You like this new necklace? I do - they say it has some kind of protection against poison, something that ought to come in handy when I play with my spider figurine, don't you think?

Oh, while I was down Trademeet way, I took out some tree huggers that seemed to have lost their way from neutrality. I had to sneak past a couple of other parties in that Grove down there... they seemed to be plotting something and my armor was creaking from the rust caused by all the swamp water down there. Anyway, found this house with some old lady in it, bought a couple of potions from her and then she morphed into a nasty looking pussy cat, a big one! I was forced to kill her with a little help from my arachnid friend. Afterwards, I returned to Trademeet where the merchants showed me a statue of me they had commissioned! I was impressed - as I am sure you would be if you saw it.

Some woman then came up and told me about her boy crying... Long story short... took out some hump and his girl who were stealing other people's skins. Yuck. I just don't understand what gets into some people. That was one death I caused that I do not regret. I need to get back to the raucous quiet of Hendak's Copper Coronet.

After quaffing a number of Hendak's finest, as well as sampling the offerings of one of his nicest back room wenches, I figured that I would go ahead and meet this guy Aran Linvail. To the Docks! Well, as usual, nothing is easy. Aran had his own set of moronic tasks for me to accomplish before he would tell me about Imoen's location - I nearly took on this s*b right then and there(, but I had heard that Linvail had an "insurance policy" by the name of Guath, Arkanus Gauth, I believe....); but I didn't. I did two of his silly little tasks quickly and without strain or incident.

However, his third task was a fair challenge if I do say so - storming a nest of vampires practically singlehandedly. Oh, he'd provided a weakling mage to knock open a door, but even someone as slow as I knew that even two of us probably couldn't take on all of the undead I had heard about in this city. So, I headed over to temple after temple asking advice and looking for someone to explain how to take on so many undead alone. At each temple, the clerics told me simply, "pray." Well, that wasn't going to cut it.

So, I went back to Hendak's and he pointed at surly dwarf slurping a beer. I grabbed two mugs of his favortie and headed over there. Korgan was this fella's name and he explained how some scrolls might be able to help me, if only I could understand them. Well, I pulled out one of my neat little purple potions and told Korgan not to worry, I wasn't. I had Korgan write down the name of the scroll he mentioned and went in search of a few. I bought as many as the fingers on one hand and enough purple potions to match (though some said that was overkill). Then, I headed over to the Graveyard to meet up with that wealking mage.

Well, let me tell you. I really owe that fella Korgan. His advice was slicker than greased owl doodie. I whacked vampire after vampire using those potions and scrolls... I paused once to make a duplicate of myself and together we called forth two djninns to take on one vampire who kept screaming "tanova" or something like that. After one of the djinns went down, the other "me" called forth his spider and then when it went down, I rubbed my spider figurine. Finally, after whacking away for a while, Tanova died. I went downstairs after resting, drank a white potion and a few others, read another of those special scrolls (though I cannot normally read, somehow the purple ones allow me to do so), and proceeded forward to whack on some boney archers and a mess of vampires. Killed them all, took a fair bit of damage from a trapped chest and went back upstairs. I knew I still had something to do but couldn't remember what it was, so I swigged another of those purple potions and "voila!" I remembered! Began looking for coffins... Foound them, staked all three and the great vampire, the bitch queen herself, showed itself.

(I gotta tell you, this took a coupla reloads to beat. Finally, I "cheesed" her. I read an undead prot scroll and just whacked on her half of forever - when the scroll wore off, she made her final speech and that was that. But, it was cheese, I admit - though Lerrahud wouldn't know that the only reason it is cheese is that the program requires you to NOT use a prot from undead scroll to attack her or the damned dialogue won't play.)

On the way back to Aran's stopped by the Five Flagons... heard about a missing bard.. Found him in the tower of a wacko mage (aren't they all?). Bought the guy his freedom by doing a step and fetch it routine for the mage. Then found some kinda gem, a lyre and some other stuff by snooping around the place when the wiz zapped himself outta there for a bit.

Debating whether to head to the basement of the Five Flagosn to watch a play.... Unsure.

Player note - Now at level 16, 2,101,702 pts. With any other fighter, I'd do it without a lot of hesitation. However, Lerrahud misses saving throws, fairly often misses his swings at a target and bascally is fairly unlucky roll wise. However, the Boots of Speed WOULD be nice... So would the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise.

10. drm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What a stud! Though you have had to reload a few times - and who hasn't - you are a playing machine! Great story! Lerrahud - Duharrel rulez!

11. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

You know. This being a hero can be really tough on a guy.

All I wanted to do was to watch a play. Went downstairs at the Flagon and got involved in an extra-planar prison break. Seems the actors weren't mere actors. Well, let me tell you, prisons on other planes are a lot worse than here in Faerun. Before I could return here, I alone - yeah, me all by my lonesome - had to kill about 8700 beasties (okay, maybe just 100 or so, but there were a lot of them!). But, they were some really bad dudes. Just look at the stuff I took off a few of them - see these boots? Well, the guy wearing them would hit me, run away, duck back in and run away again. He was fast - I mean, these bots made him fast. See how they make my feet want to move even while I just sit here talking to you? And these guantlets - nice huh? Well, these were taken off a prison wench that was doing me some serious damage - and no girl had ever treated me like that (except maybe Melifelous Mary in Hendak's back room if you know what I mean). I used the boots to run in and shoot at her and then run away... She finally fell, but her friends, some lizard mage dudes, really got ticked at me and I had to kill all of them too - man, I'm still trying to scrub all of the blood out of the crevices in my skin.

Then, this wyvern came flying at me. Well, he was not too bad, but his backup buddies were a real pain - the very air attakced me! After that, well, I don't know what to call it, but some nasty winged, stinky thing hissed and spat at me. It's spittle burned my skin - see, these patches of red? If it hadn't been for the buddy that this Helm can make to fight beside me, and the efreeti that comes outta this bottle, and my spider - well, you wouldn't be buying me beers right now. I gotta tell you, that fight was still close. He killed two of them with just a look!

Finally, I took on the guy running this prison thing. What a stud he was. When I first saw him, he was holding off nearly 20 rioting prisoners and guards all by himself! But, they didn't have my little friends. So, we just waltzed right in and killed them all! (Yeah, right. Gulp! Gulp!)

I managed to drag a few things out of there, but mostly just gems, a couple of neat weapons to sell, and I feel pretty good about myself. But, like I said at first - this being a hero can be trying on your soul.

Player note - If it hadn't been for my own foreknowledge of this area, Lerrahud would have died immediately upon setting foot in the Astral Prison. Hell, he did die almost immediately the first three times I entered. But, I killed the guy with the Boots of Speed first, then got lucky a few times from there to finish out the first battle. The second most difficult thing to accomplish was figuring out how to beat the Thrall with the Ice Wand (or whatever it is) that is "supported" by the three or four Yaun-Ti Mages. This was tough. Couldn't lure them out very well. They all wanted to stay in the area that spawned them. So, I had no choice but to go into the little pit traps so that I could kill all of these guys that had the potions of extra healing. They were VERY necessary as I could only disrupt one mage's casting at a time. I felt like the middle guy in a circle **** and everyone wanted my attention - right now! Swing, take damage, swing, heal, repeat. Tough, tough battle. Then, the Master of Thralls ran off! Literally, the first time that had ever happened to me. He ran back towards the Warden... I had to run back to the start and go up the northern route to lure him back to an area where I could fight him alone. To get to this point took roughly 15 reloads, may as many as 25, I lost count. By this time, I was out of potions of just about everything. I had one remaining magic resistance potion and no potions of speed - had had to sleep a few times to reheal using the troll form. You wouldn't believe the number of HP you can lose quickly when you are surrounded - well, maybe you can. And, getting held or stunned doesn't help much. So, I had to resort to using a shield that protected from hold, charm, etc.But it didn't protected from being stunned.

I didn't actually get the xp for kiling the Warden. The thralls killed him before I could. I was just happy to survive the prison to tell you the truth. The other really disappointing thing was the lack of any ability to carry stuff out - I baasically had 8-9 slots left to carry anything out after all of the fighting. So, this whole experience was just for the experience, the boots and the gauntlets.

Lerrahud is now level 17. He has a THACO of "-5" with Blade of Roses and 0/6 (main/off hand) if he dual wields, which isn't often. These numbers are also a product of the Guantlets of Weapons Skill. With a shield and single wielding and a number of Mind Foscuing potions, I can get to -10 AC-wise. But, that is an expensive way to fight any battle - there are only so many of those potions in the game and I am sure to need them later.

12. drm Gems: 3/31

It's hard to believe that even with reloads, a 966666 character could take on and beat the Astral Prison gang. Both the Master of Thralls and the Warden usually toast my cookies. My hat is off to you - well, and Lerrahud, of course.

13. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

That S*B Aran Linvail! After doing all of his silly little tasks... He sent eight or nine assassins after me and they hogtied, blindfolded and threw me on some stupid ship! I owe that bugger a really big one when I get back to Athkala - and I will get back!

Anyway, the ship wound up in someplace called Brynnlaw. Where the heck this is, who in the Nine Hells knows? I barely get off the boat, my back still wet from sea foam, and I get assaulted by vampires that fall quickly to my sword. Then, I walk around the docks looking for some female companionship and what happens? First I get attacked by some pirate, then the girl I pick out for some fun tells a sob story about her kid brother being forced to be a cutpurse. Wind up killing some dude who was pimping out the girl AND her brother then arranging for the two to sail off the island - and she doesn't even put out! Not even for a beer. Man, what a day!

So, I go looking for another girl. Find the local house of ill repute and get assaulted in there! No nookie tonight, I guess, as I had to kill the guards - well, I tried to kill the guards and nearly got my butt handed to me. So, my fast feet got me outta there quicker than snot running down a sick dog's nose. Then, I wind up getting assaulted by this bunch of REALLY REALLY big dudes who threw me in the hoosgau! They say that they're sending me somewhere called the Asylum... whatever that is?!?!?!

Get there and guess who runs it - the guy that started all of this, Irenicus. Maaaaaaaan, wait'll I get my hands on him. But, no. He does something weird to me and I feel kinda weak, but not weak... um, empty maybe. And he reunites me with that girl, Imoen. First, in a really messed up dream where I need to kill some big dude with screwy armor, then in the middle of some weird idea of a maze. And Bodhi is his "sister'? What is up with that? Incest? Whoa! Even I don't do that!

Maze, maze, what's up with this maze? I hate being toyed with. Bodhi - I am going to kick your tail when I find you, girl. This maze is so stupid. And Imoen. I told her to make her way out on her own and she is just following me around.. won't go away. Girls! Fine, here. At least make yourself useful and carry something - but if you die or get hurt, you're on your own! And stay outta my fights!

I head south... Find a weird shard of something. Wind up back where I started, head west. Huge fight. Imoen did as I said, darn her, and didn't help out a lick! (Three reloads and )I finally beat them all. Walked east.. ups some stairs. Faced off against a golem and nearly got waxed again! Found a bag with no bottom... well, it has a bottom, but I haven't found it yet.

Got turned around and wound up back at the maze's start again! Headed west, this time found the way through a statue to another level. Encountered a lich. Me and my simulacra-self took him and his skeletal buddies out one at a time - (I HATE TIME STOP!) - summoned the efreeti to help us and even Kithix got in on the fun. Some spook named Dace made me kill him for his hand. (I have to carry this thing around with me? You gotta be kidding!)

Turns out it's a good thing that I allowed Imoen to tag along with me. There's a room with runes on the floor that can make me lots faster if someoen stands on the runes while another fondles a particular statue! Voila - fast Lerrahud! Imoen wanders back to another room while I scout forward and - BODHI! AAAAAARRRGGH! Attack!

Whoa, man. I turned into some kinda of mean killing machine! Smacked her so many times she ran off. Then broke down a door to the west and killed everything in there! I got so tired after this, I had to sleep. So, I did. Imoen had become scared and lost, had to go find her - did, found she had locked herself in a small circular room for safety. Also found that Imoen had found a bunch of little stones, looks like mithral. After killing bunches of golems, found a gum ball machine that took the mithral. Now Imoen can keep up with me - she has some new boots. Come on, pack girl! Follow me.

Finally wound up being tested by some apparitions - mind and game puzzles. I stumbled and fumbled for a few minutes then, after my blue potions kicked in, answered all of the questions correctly. Still, I got confused at one point in the tests and Imoen mistakenly got whacked. Lucky it was just a glancing blow - only 20-something hp damage. But, there wasn't anything to heal her with (I would have in this case as it wasn't her fault - she is just a silly little girl afterall). But, she had to bind her wounds and just keep on keeping on if she wanted to follow me. Anyway, really stupid tests... about memory, nothing, and other sily things.

I tell you what. If I hadn't snooped around and found some arrows of dispelling to shoot at Irenicus when we attacked him in his lab, the other inmates and I would have had our heads handed to us on a platter. He is one bad dude - though, Wanev, one of the inmates showed us that Time Stop can be a good thing if it is used on your side! Hehe. Irenicus never had a chance. Imoen just stood in the corner and watched - maybe she is beginning to learn to listen to me. Come on pack girl.

Unbelievably, Seamon shows up again and offers passage off this cursed island. We well take him up on his offer - after we get Imoen healed... She is still jsut a pack horse, but I owe her at least a healing before I turn her loose.

-------more to come--------------
    Player note - I sacrificed WIS to enter the dream's Candlekeep library. So, Lerrahud's stat are now 966656.

Surprisingly, the Asylum was less challenging than I would have thought. Finding those Arrows of Dispelling, which I had forgotten about, was absolutely the key to getting out of there. Other than that, I had to use the Potions of Mind Focusing to help out. When I do, Lerrhaud is 19/18/6/18/5/20(with the Blade of Roses and Ring of Human Influence). A reasonable figure to take on nearly any bad guy with. And the potions last 12 hours! But, it takes 4 at a shot. I did allow Imoen to tag along, but strictly as a pack horse, though finding the Bag of Holding obvated that as an absolute need. So, she merely trailed and watched. It actually cost me to do so, experience-wise, though this is barely an issue as I expect to hit th XPcap soon - he is at level 19, 2,908,621 pts now.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 14, 2001).]

14. drm Gems: 3/31

Okay. No one else has interferred with the story flow/posts so I will. BTW, what problems in the future are you anticipating for BigL? Seem slike he has reached a level where he is a truly viable character. Other than reloading, have you (had to) cheat(ed) at all?

15. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Fish City - sided with the Prince. Minimal difficulty - I like sushi. One thing - to get to the damned Beholder, you cannot avoid two corridor-wide traps. Totally unfair! Took a LOT of damage. Ate up some healing potions!

-------

Death in the Underdark
    Lerrahud, Lord of DeArnis Keep, hero of Trademeet no longer walks the wilds of Faerun. Despite all of his successes, he died an ignomineous death in the Underdark.

First, a Drow war party took him out. Reload.
    Then, he tried to sneak through the Kuo-Toan dungeon. Walked right into an ambush. Reload.
    New strategy - sneak past them invisibly maybe? No go. Reload.
    Third strategy - frontal assault them with simulacra and efreeti. Got past them and ran into a Drow party guarding the door to the surface. Reload.
    Fourth...fifth...sixth...sevent....reload..reload...reload...reload... you get the idea.

So, having reached the XP cap, and with nothing to gain by muddling around in the Underdark except "sheer pleasure", there is little reason to continue the tale.

Lerrahud has died --- probably for good unless I figure some sort of strategy to beat my way out of the Kuo-Toan dungeon. I simply don't see BigL surviving any of the 3 quests that will be required to be faced if I go the Matron Mother/Adalon route. BigL simply gets overwhelmed by the multiple magic users/priests. While his shield of harmony prevents getting charmed or dominated, the confines of the dungeon make maneuvering tougher than he can survive. (Dragging Imoen along is also a factor. I'm not letting her fight and she is getting targetted - so the fight is less than "honest" - ?!?!?)

Anyway, he got much further than I anticipated he would. Ultimately, it was magic that did him in - as I expected it would be.

It has been fun trying this. Other than reloading and then dragging Imoen along as a pack horse, I didn't cheat. That made getting this far fairly satisfying, though I had hoped to make it back to the surface.

Should anyone else attempt this challenge, my hat is off to them, expecially if they succeed. It is an experience, not only in patience, but also in flexibility in tactical planning and experimentation. Facing questions of what is "cheese" and what is legitimate were as much a part of this challenge as mere game playing survival. My advice to anyone else who tries this particular challenge is really think hard about how you are going to carry your loot, exactly what weapons will most benefit you, and which quests are better avoided completely and which you must attempt in order to get the weapon or money you need. Thinking ahead is the key.

Anyway, thanks to all of you guys for the support you gave me while I played and wrote this game.

16. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Aughhh! I was really pulling for Lerrahud to finish this thing. (-: But I understand your frustration level--I suspect I'm likely to wind up abandoning my current game somewhere in the Underdark for similar reasons.

What do you think caused Lerrahud's ineptness at fighting that drow party? Was it one of his stat deficiencies from the beginning of the game (something he seemed to have amended pretty well with items), or the fact that he hadn't done some of the Athkatla stuff due to his early deficiencies and thus wasn't prepared for the tough UD fights?

17. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Well, the Drow parties tend to have multiple spellcasters as well as great armor. Lerrahud's AC was "only" -5 unless I drank more than 4 potions to up his Dex and pick up AC-related bonuses that way. Now maybe I could have or should have found a way to lure one or two Drow off and try to take the out piecemeal. However, in the Underdark itself (not in the Kua Toan dungeon), the party I ran into had 3 spellcasters. My experience with straight fighters going up against mixed parties (casters and fighters) is that the fighters HAVE to take out the opposition casters first - even if that means absorbing lots of punishment from opposing fighters while doing so. When faced with three casters, Lerrahud simply was outclassed AND outnumbered.

Overall, if I get a little distance from the frustration, I may go back and try something new/different. But right now, too many reloads, too little optimism about his chances. If I allowed Imoen to cast even one spell, it might make a difference, but that is not th echallenge.

At this point, I don't think that his stats are at all affecting the outcome. It is the number of enemies and the opposing party composition. Heck, I took out the lone Illithid on the west side of the Udnerdark without any buffing, just put Lerrahud's head down and charged!

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 14, 2001).]

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

No no! This cannot be. I was gravely mistaken then! What about scrolls that protect Vs. Magic? What about hit and run? He is a fighter trying to survive! Try and spilt up the drow party. Hmmm. I can't let this happen :mommy:

19. zaknafein Guest

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:aww:
    ahh well you got further than i predicted.
    and please some one anyone try this challenge cause it sounds pretty cool. i might try it sometime:hmm:

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

You should be allowed to kill the drows one by one, very carefully. But indeed, I can imagine that the Mind FLayers and Beholder's Lair are very hard. And what about the Doom Knights :)

But with these stats the game is almost the same now as all other Solo adventures I've already seen. So that means not too interesting anymore for this isn't new and also a bit the same of what we seen before but others could complete a solo game with a good character and the only difference was Constitution. You have all necesarry stats except for Constitution very high so there shouuld be some possibilies. With this Dex and Strength you can reach a very good AC. Kill one Drow and use his armor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.