1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Learn from your mistakes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Slackertoast, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Here's a couple of mistakes that I have learned from....

Do not summon weak(low hp) creatures to fight Hill giants or their like... Giants have the neat little feat called Cleave...This gives them 1 extra attack every round when they bash the crap out of your war dog or similar wimpy creature...

When you level up don't forget to add spells to your daily list...You just got another 2nd and 3rd level spell...Make sure you stick something in those spots to memorize them the next time you rest. I don't know how many times I forgot to add those spells when I leveled up..

Feel free to add a helpful tip that you have learned the hard way...

2. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This is a great topic! :thumb:

Some of my advice:

1. Don't try to kill everything at low level (the hill giant and the priest in Homlett come to mind).

2. Don't touch holy weapon if you are evil!

3. Don't loot everyone, just the big boss.

4. Remember to assign hotkey (using Ctrl+key), this will save you a lot of time.

5. Violence is not always the best way to solve problem.

Hope this help.

3. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Here's one:
    Don't try to make King Behemoth Frog to eat your mage so you can cast melf's acid arrow on it from the inside.

[ November 13, 2003, 18:25: Message edited by: Mayfairy ]

4. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

USE POWER ATTACK!

I had forgotten about this until about level 8. When I turned it on, my monk single-handedly took out a werewolf. Thats a good 130 points of damage, plus the damage lost (see below). On a critical, he hit for 37 points, and werewolves have damage reduction, so that makes it almost 50 in a single strike! - meaning that 130 and was more like 200.

Also, use the improved trip feat if you have a monk- just trip up any offending giant/ogre/boss and surround it with your fighters. Not only does your monk get an extra attack after he's tripped, but he gets another when it stands up, and so does everyone else. Plus he (the monster) loses an attack round, so everyone else gets another attack before the monster can even think about retaliating.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Give your cleric the scribe scroll feat!!! The game doesn't differentiate between cleric and magic-user spells. So if the spell can be cast by a mage...they can scribe it!!!

I don't know if this is a bug, but it's a good tactic!!! It helps the mage with item creation and expanding his/her own repertoire of spells.

6. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*Spoiler*

Do not by any means let the sentinel outside the broken tower blindfold you into the temple. If you do, you may not be able to properly rescue, and recieve the reward for said rescue, of the elven countess Tillahi (which you can still do when not of the alignment which gives you the opening vingette).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.