1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Late at Night

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Old One, May 27, 2015.

1. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I had been trying to change to being awake during the day and sleeping at night and that is hard after 12yrs or more having to be up from about 11pm to around 9 or 10am. With mom gone I don't have an oxygen pump to monitor while she sleeps. I just gave up yesterday trying to reverse my wake times. To hard to change now after all this time. It does have benefits though. I love the quiet. No cars way down on our (now paved) one lane narrow road, rare to hear a distant shot, can't remember if this is raccoon season or not and I am hearing the animal noises again. Mom had a night lite which is basically a street light mounted on our electric pole in the back yard and this draws a lot of foraging animals. I have inherited a very old possum who hunts grubs and hisses loudly if something gets too close. I don't think he could whip anything more dangerous than the rabbits who often share "his" yard. He did however back Puppy up so quickly Pup fell over backwards the first time they met. There is also an armadillo who moved in around 30 years ago who now moves about as fast as a cripple can move. He somehow years ago damaged one back leg sometimes scraping one corner of his armor in the grass. He lives in a borrow under the back porch much to the annoyance of Pup. I can hear an owl calling from the front window I am sitting next to at the computer and cannot tell which of our owls it is. I have a Great Snowy who mostly sits on the bar over the top of the walk in gate in back but he is not there and the calls are from the front where the old Barn Owl waits for rabbits or mice when he is here. Snowy was here first and I guess that's how they divided up the property long ago. Mom used to worry one of them would go after a cat but they never did. Wonder why? I can now hear Skippy cat telling Pup "leave me alone or die" as only an old tom cat can. That dog just wants to be beside his cat when it curls up on the porch, drives the cat bonkers. Speaking of the cat, he has in his old age become both senile and homicidal. Rick told me when I went up to visit him Skippy attacked a pair of young cats driving one off and had a death fight with the one he caught. He showed me where the cat was and we put it in the ground. Skippy always was protective of his area but was content to drive off other cats. Mary my neighbor to the SE had called me a week or so ago asking about her tom cat, now I am afraid he is gone as he tried to hunt up here once in a while. Skippy I also caught peeing where there had been no litter box for years. Odder still is the fact he refused to pee inside always using the dog door to go outside. I think he misses his "mom".

It is so dark everywhere except the back yard nothing can be seen except the nightlight on the ridge to the south. It is just a glimmer and the only other sign of people that can be seen from this side. That is clear across a wide shallow valley. I was blasting club and surfer music last night and today Rick told me he liked the "old stuff" I played but what was that crap I mixed in. Rick is my age and I am sure Selena Gomez club version of Come and Get It was a little strange to hear on our mountain! Puppy likes to hear me play Miserlou. When he first got here I had a good day and turned it way up dancing and playing with him in the living room. Now when he hears it loud he comes busting through his dog door wanting to play. It is a good way to get him in when he is quite a ways away. He ignores me calling if he is busy but the right music brings him running.

Now that I have convinced anyone who reads this I am totally crazy I think I'll go back to SoZ and have my insane bloodthirsty Drow finish killing everything in the game.
    Live well everyone!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Haha, I had fun reading about your little zoo. :D

3. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I saw the Snowy tonight just before the rain, I forgot just how big those birds are! Glad he's back and that you enjoyed my zoo.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.