1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Okay, Lena, I'll start the lancet on the people who want to give their blood for the special healing potion, then you fill these small vials here with their blood, marking their names with this chalk. Then we can all go back to the tavern and my lab. I think we should rest and eat before we begin our journey."

In a little bit, Torben and Lena and Breyd were in his cavern lab, setting up the brewing process, which would be ready the next morning. They talked and shared knowledge about potion brewing and eachother. Eventually they headed back to the tavern for dinner.

Nimmkelt was furious. "Torben! Where have you been? I've had to bring out the orders myself!"

Torben saw that Elder Nathorn and Madame Tryil were in the tavern. "Elders, would you please be my witnesses?" he asked them. Then looked curiously at him, but nodded. "Nimmkelt, how much is my debt to you currently at?"

"Three hundred forty-seven gold pieces, why? You going to pay it off?" he asked sarcastically.

"Yes, I am." Torben said with emancipating pride. He took out a bag with the money he gotten from the sale of the necklace. Then, to Nimmkelt's astonishment, counted out the money. "Now, Nimmkelt, may I please have my mother's necklace and a writ of my completed indenturedness to you."

Nimmkelt clearly wanted to say no, but was aware of the presence of the village's elders who had witnessed the transaction. "I'll have to go get them, they're in the strong box." He went upstairs.

Torben drew himself an ale. It was the best he'd ever tasted.

2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon stood beside Lena while the halfing talked about herbs and almost bored him to death. So with his free time he pondered that kiss, that small little kiss that had started fireworks in his mind. The more he pondered the more he smiled. The last time he had a crush he was hurt, so ever after he was cautious of the other sex, but there was something about Lena that sent his mind spinning. Getting out of his daydream, Beratli was looking at him with ones of his all-knowing grins, he patted Holons shoulder and whispered something like "young love" under his breath. Holon suddenly realized that there was something more about this minotaur than what meets the eye. He tried some mental probes at the minotaur but nothing happened, either the minotaur was oblivious or he was ignoring him. Holon knew there was somrthing different about Beratli, he might not be a "Chosen", but Beratli was something else.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kayn stood back watching Holon as he hovered near Lena. Slowly walking to the young man, Kayn smiled, he had felt like that before, and knew the thoughts going through the young mans head. He respected Holon to be sure. He could fight and he was definitley loyal to Lena.

Kayn slipped up next to Holon. "Talk to her. What harm can it cause." Continueing on his way. Kayn joined up with the young woman from earlier, she started smiling and laughing when Kayn got closer.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna met Bracdorn for one last sad duty; to sing one of the Travellers to the afterlife.

Near the shore a funeral pyre was built, the body placed on it. Bracdorn spoke a few words and lit the pyre.

As the flames flared up Rayenna stroked her lyre and began to sing. There was magic in the song directed to the dead not the living. She sang of their love and loss. Salana sang with her adding to the spell. The song changed from sadness to joy; to free a spirit from the ties of this world to seek the future.

Afterwards she returned to her caravan to rest and prepare for the adventure soon to begin. Her family gathered round her, giving her strength to face what was to come.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon blushed deeply at the mans approach, but he told himself Lena's safety was far more important than his feelings. He schooled his features and pushed the thoughts out of his mind. He held his spear in the crook in this elbow and went to the Taverns doorway and stood guard and inspected every person who walked down the road, not letting anybody, even a small girl, avoid suspiscion. Than he finaly remembered his cousin Miost. He had barely talked to him over the time he was here. He scrachted under his wrapings that covered his wounds, they still hurt and the earlier battle ripped them open again. Suddenly a foul stench came to his nose but soon departed. Holon looked around for the source but nothing was suspiscious.

Holon went down on the street looking for the smell. At last he found it coming from a drain. He grabbed the grate and lifted the heavly thing with a heave and flung it aside. There was a grate every ten feet so there was enough light for him to go in without a torch. He let himself down and went towards the smell spear first. He turned a corner that would be under the tavern and right beside the halflings cave. When he turned a slight curve he spotted three Weygips stacking something in a large pile. Holon waited untill he was sure there was only three of them before he charged into them slashing and chopping. He took out the first two easily but the third blocked his jab and pushed his spear away. Instead of of attacking the unarmed elf it threw it's torch onto the pile which started to burn slowly at the bottom, then it ran away. Holon was about to give chase when he realized he Weygip had placed wet wood that would burn slowly, but on top was enough fire powder to kill every one in the tavern. Holon had nothing to put out the fire. He panicked and bolted out of the sewers and rushed into the tavern screaming "GET OUT! FIRE POWDER!" but didn't stop, Holon had dropped his spear so in one hand he grabbed Beratli and in the other he grabbed Lena. He lifted them both off the ground and rushed trough the kitchen and out the back door. Luckily his warnings had got everyone out of the building. When the explosion came it blew a large hole in the common room's floor where they were all siting but it didn't collapsed the buidling. Sighing with relief he hugged close Lena and Beratli and didn't let them go for quite awhile.

[ January 27, 2006, 23:39: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost was rocked by the explosion to the north of him. He looked to see two steady streams of smoke coming from the Tavern's upper windows. He bolted towards it, with Surion flying closely overhead.

He saw when he arrived that everyone had gotten out safely, but he wondered if Torben and the others were okay. He rushed to his secret entrance and slid down. "Torben?! TORBEN!!?" He screamed, looking frantically from cavern to cavern.

He found Torben and Breyd sitting in a corner of the lab, playing cards.

"What are you doing?!"

"Er..um, playing cards? How 'bout you?" Torben said, raising an eyebrow.

"There was an explosion in the Inn. Are you hurt?!"

"No. I almost forgot about that. The explosion was not powerful enough to break through these walls," he patted the stone side of the cavern, "It only rocked us."

"Well thank goodness. Wait, where's Lena?"

"She went up for drinks just before the explosion."

"Oh."

Well, that was a waste of time.

Sure was my young friend. At least your cousin saved Lena.

I wonder where that explosion came from. And who warned them? he asked.

Let's go find out, shall we?

They climbed the shute together, and started for the Tavern.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena hit the ground hard, what with Holon throwing himself atop her. Just as she readied a smack to the face, the ground beneath her rumbled and bits of wood flew overhead. She yelped, squeezing her eyes tightly shut.

It took her a whole minute to realize Holon had saved her life just then. She would've been inside with Torben, giving him the lancets he'd asked her to gather from those willing.

She also realized that being trapped under Holon was not such a bad place to be.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The Travellers heard the explosion and ran to the village. Seeing the damaged tavern they asked around trying to get information as to what had happened. Not getting much information they checked around and found an open grate. Several of them climbed down and found the way blocked by a pile of rubish from the explosion. They reported what little they knew.

Bracdorn instructed them to keep asking until they found out what or who had caused it.

He strode still limping a little and shaking his head to talk to the town leaders. He wondered where Alandro was he really wanted to talk to someone with some experience and common sense.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn and the young Traveller came to where the explosion was with the others. He had his armour back on, and held his slender sword in one hand and the young womans in the other.

Arriving at the sight of the blast, Kayn started looking for his friends. Finding Holon and the young woman he had seen Holon with earlier he rushed to them. "What happened, are you hurt?" He asked with a frantic voice, always looking over his shoulders.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

When the sound of the explosion died away, Alandro sighed.

"No peace for the wicked, it seems"

Sophia nodded, and they left the caravan. SHe saw the Travellers racing off, and followed, but Alandro was intercepted by his sister and Nightingale.

"What happened?"
    "An explosion just destroyed the tavern."
    "Anyone killed?"
    "No. Holon emptied it just before it blew up."
    "Good man. Where's Bracdorn?"
    "The village, trying tofind out how this happened."
    "Right, I'd better find him."

As he limped away, Alandra asked him a quiet question which stopped him dead in his tracks.

"What were you doing in there?"

He turned, and frowned at her.

"Having a drink. Calming down."

She was still suspicious "Why did you need to calm down?"

Alandro was becoming tired of the spectral interrogation, and he fully turned to confront her.

"Torben was collecting blood samples from everyone to create new potions. The sight of the kind of injury still sickens me, sister." He stressed the last word, and she shrunk back for a moment, and seemed to fade before returning back to her normal strength.

"Brother, I'm sorry."
    He waved a hand to quiet her apologies "Don't worry, Alandra. Come, let's find Bracdorn."

Nightingale swept onto his shoulder, and clung on as Alandro stood away. Whatever had just happened had been serious, but he still didn;t understand. Alandro had yet to open his mind fully to the Songbird, keeping his walls high.

Alandro stepped up behind Bracdorn, and grimly asked if Bracdorn had discovered what had happened.

11. Nakia

Media:
    Bracdorn spoke in a quiet but tight voice, “Let us move away from the village a bit.” They walked towards the shore. The remnants of the pyre were a short distance from them. The remains had been gathered and buried. No one was near them.

Bracdorn turned and faced Alandro, “I have learned from the village elders that there are passage ways under the village, especially in the area of the Tavern. They have never been properly explored or completely closed off.” Bracdorn’s voice had a harsh tone. "I have spent my life travelling and have never seen a place so ill prepared for trouble.”

He turned and looked out over the water then turned back to Alandro, “I do not know if the history of the Travellers is important to this current problem. Rayenna has told you a little of that but did she say that half the clans where destroyed by either the Shadowed or by those they where charged to protect?” Detecting a slight look of surprise Bracdorn went on, “Yes, hated and distrusted by those they sought to help they were killed.

When I was a small boy, my father brought a group to this continent in the hopes of saving at least some. We are a mixture of Travellers and Solsenti who have joined with us. My mother was Solsenti. From an early age we are prepared for trouble, taught that we must fight evil first within ourselves and then wherever we meet it.”

He walked a little way towards the ashes of the pyre. “I have lost one already, I do not wish to lose more.” He turned to Alandro. “I have fought by your side and know you to be an excellent warrior. Those I send with you will look to you for guidance. They are good fighters but with little experience in battle.“ He shrugged, “The bandits we have met were little threat to us. I am concerned that I send my relatives out on a fool’s errand. Who do we fight to protect; ourselves or people who look at me as if they had lived in a paradise all their lives?” He laughed harshly. “I have not found this land that peaceful. I bear scars to attest to that!”

“How much have the ‘Chosen’ talked with each other? How much do they know of themselves, of each other and of these beings who have chosen them? I worry”

Bracdorn’s face and voice were strained, “Rayenna is strong. She can fight and as an Ordered one her power is great but she is young, little more than a child, and inexperienced. Today’s fight was her first real battle. What of the others? What do they know of fighting true Evil? Do they have any comprehension of what they may face? Perhaps this seer, Breyd, does. The alchemist halfling, Torben, has dealt with tavern patrons but has he seen the darkness that can suck the soul from a man?” He shivered,” I have, when I was young…”

Bracdorn heaved a sigh and shook his head, “I am sorry, my friend, I prattle like an old man. Let us return and see what needs doing.”

With that, he turned and started back to the village.

12. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Beratli had struggled free quickly, swearing about the pansy who hugged him and so forth, but Holon shut it out as he hugged Lena close in a long embrace. He was thinking about how lovely her hair was when Beratli kicked and grumbled something. Holon jumped up pulling the shocked Lena up with him. When she turned to face him he hurriedly thought up an excuse.

" Umm... sorry for holding you for so long I hit my head." he tapped his head, smiled and blushed. But they dissapeared right away." I was still getting to my senses, when I...." Holon knew he had went on for too long so he changed the subject by looking around for the few familar faces. He went around to the other side to fetch his spear when he bumped into his cousin.

" Hello!" he paused, he took Miost by the shoulders and looked him up and down. " Finaly a good look. My! How long has it been. 9 years? Ya something like." Holon and Miost walked over to the taverns stairs and sat down talking of days gone by laughing heartily. While Holon was wiping his eyes after a good laugh, he spotted the pretty little traveller girl, Rayenna, Bracdorn and the warrior ,he caught talking to himself, come up the road. He thought he better explain. He ran up and told a brief but precise report, from the smell right up to the explosion. He did not tell about snuggle session with Lena which still sent his mind spinning. Before he blushed again he ran off to find Beratli but most of all Lena.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd looked at Toprben as they finished their game "I suppose we'd better go and join the rest, find out what happened. I need some sleep before we go anywhere really. You lead the way ok" and so saying the pair left the cavern and went to the travellers camp with their companions.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro followed Bracdorn back to the tavern, shaking his head slowly. Why did these things always happen to him?

"You wanted redemption, brother. You have to earn it."

"My thanks Alandra, I hadn't thought of that."

"Sarcasm won't help."

Ignoring the nagging spirit, he realised Bracdorn had stopped, and halted also.

"I share your worries about these others. A motley crew indeed. Ah," he lifted his head and stared at the sky "things will resolve themselves. They always do."

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Beratli, you didn't need to be so mean to him. He saved your life!" Lena informed the not-so-little minotaur. He snorted and rolled his eyes at her words. She tossed her long hair with a humph and waited for Holon to come back. "I hope everyone else is all right." With a quick thought, she sent her words to Porso and received an answer.

-all are well- he said. -shaken by the two events, but sturdy and for the better- As usual, the bird was talking in riddles about things his Chosen doesn't understand yet. Porso sensed Lena's concern for the people. This was good for her, to think about others outside of her place.

Porso found a comfortable spot to land, the pitch of a building near Lena and Beratli, and began to preen himself again. With care, he scattered his loose feathers over the side toward his Chosen.

One drifted gently to the ground and caught her attention. She gathered up the fallen feathers, securing them in her handy knapsack as she spoke, "These are too pretty to waste. I think I can do something with them." Lena twirled one between her fingers. The golden-red tone shone like a flame. On impulse, she threaded it through her thick braid.

16. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Finally, after many minutes, which seemed to him like hours, Roo crumbled outside the collapsed tavern. His face was pitchblack from dirt and ashes. He pushed away the last pieces off wood blocking his way out.

"Just forget about the halfling, he isn't worth to rescue" he mumbled to himself. He wondered where Mephis was and looked around. The squirrel sat on an nearby tree and was eating something Roo couldn't recognize.
    "Finally there are you, you could've hurried a lil' bit" the animal said, mocking the allready upset Halfling.
    "WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME YOU STUPID BALL-O-FUR? WHAT ARE YOU THERE FOR IF YOU CANNOT EVEN WARN ME IN SITUATIONS LIKE THAT!", the angry Roo shouted towards the tree. When he realized many people looked towards him, he calmed down a bit, "I could've been dead."

"No, you would be dead without me", Mephis said, "don't you wonder why you are not reduced to a pile of dust from the heat of the explosion? In fact you would be if i hadn't cast a spell on you to protect you from the fire."

"You can cast spells? What kind of squirrel are you?". Roo was very confused now.
    "You could say i'm druid, just smaller. Everyone of us Car'ygal has some unusual abilities, well mine is that i'm a priest of nature. Because the nature Godess formed me out of her very own essence."

Roo started to grin from one ear to another. "My personal healer" he said laughing and looked around where the other people were.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon ran around the corner and the first thing he saw was Lena with the feather in her hair. Together they cut through the smoke, like a knife to butter. He was left speechless, thankfully Lena's attention was on Beratli who was snorting and spitting, as normal. So he took his time to watch her every moments. The beautiful way she rolled her eyes, her face the shape of a heart full of love. Holon watched her for a whole minute. He decided, he would hide his feelings but he would be at her side, until she ordered him away. Maybe not even then. He stroled over with a smooth face.

" Are you all right?" he inquired. " I was afraid I hurt you when I fell on you."

She shook her head and a long awkward moment passed untill Beratli grumbled out. " ARGH! If you ain't gonna do anything I'm getting some food." He stomped off with his axe in his new harness on his back. Holon stopped himself from blushing and turned to Lena. " We probably should get some rest." The day had passed quickly and the sun was setting already. It would be dark soon, Holon was exhausted he would let Beratli do first watch. Together, Lena will never be left unattended. Holon and Beratli's vilagence would never cease, they both loved her but in different ways. Holon led Lena to the Travellers camp, they would have to find another place to sleep.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost watched as Holon left, seeing the way he looked at Lena, and laughed to himself.

What's so funny?

I think Holon has a crush on Lena! He giggled.

You mean Porso's Chosen, with Beratli's Chosen? That's quite humorous!

He smiled and walked towards the Traveller's camp again.

19. Nakia

Media:
    The Travellers set up make-shift tents for any who needed them. Sentries where stationed, food prepared and meals served.

Rayenna saw to it that Salana was fed and helped her with a little grooming then took out her lyre and began to play some quiet music, nothing magical, just some relaxing tunes.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

She bit back a smile when she noticed Holon was keeping pace with her. His protective streak, which was annoying at first, became adorable. They walked to the Traveller's camp and found things to eat.

Lena heard the music playing throughout the camp as she ate her meal. When she finished, she mentioned to her friend she wanted to see who was playing. She found Rayenna, sitting with Salana next to her. The young bard saw she had an audience and softened her music when Lena spoke. "Rayenna, your music is so beautiful. I wish we could listen to you play always. Take this," Lena removed one of Porso's feathers from her pack and handed it over. "I'm sure you can use it with your lyre."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.