1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

She sobbed against the dwarf's shoulder and blindly stroked the thick fur of the large cat beside her. Finally, someone who would help; someone who wasn't afraid. Pulling away reluctantly, she nodded at Breyd's offer and mumbled, "Thank you again. Mother-I love Mother, but she is not the same anymore. And Father needs to know what he did is wrong."

-it gets better- Porso twittered. -you will have peace, among other things- The rosy bird began preening his feathers with his beak.

Glad that she'd found her way to Laelit, to these new allies, Lena gave each around her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She giggled as she politely pulled loose hair from her mouth after she nuzzled the big cat and totally missed the stunned look on Holon's face.

Porso's head twitched upward and he sprang into the air. -another has arrived- he mind called to Lena.

"Oh, there's another person coming!" she cried, turning herself to face the newcomer.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost glanced over at a small halfling who was walking towards the group. He raised an eyebrow and got to his feet. He walked over to Bracdorn and whispered to him, pointing at the halfling.

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben was finishing up getting new recipes from the travelers healer. He had already traded the necklace from the weygip he'd killed for a bag full of gold, enough to pay off his debt to Nimmkelt. He was just about to go gather up some traveling things and brew gear in his cave when he saw a small person with a squirrel on his shoulder coming towards them. He knew he was himself a halfling, but had met only very few other halflings. This person seemed to be one, but was a little taller than the others he'd met.

"Hello and well met stranger. I am Torben. Welcome to Laelit. There have been many new arrivals here recently, and you and your little friend there seem to be the most recent. I don't imagine you just happened to be walking by, were you?"

4. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"Greetings fellow halfling" Roo said.
    "Indeed it seems like all this is no coincidence. Last night i still was in familiar surroundings, then i steal an gem who turns out to be an egg, almost get fried by a crazy wizard, and awaken here in an strange giant-vegetable-garden, with an talking squirrel as my only guide, who only gives me vague information, even though he seems to know much more." Noticing his voice got very heated, he paused for a second to calm down.
    "Maybe you could help me to understand all of this better, seems like you had some trouble also."

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Returning from meeting with her father, Rayenna came upon Torben talking to another halfling somewhat taller than he was. Salana had grown too large to ride on her shoulder and was flying overhead. She flew down by Rayenna eyeing the squirrel speculatively. not prey, a Car'ygal.

Rayenna looked at Salana quizzicly. That is what we are. I'll try to explain later. Let's listen.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost reached out with his mind to the squirrel, something that Surion had told him had been granted to the Chosen.

I can talk to people with my mind?! He had asked.

Not normal people you can't, but with the other Chosen and their Car'ygal you can. You can hear what normal people are thinking, but unless having some magical training, won't be able to do anything or detect it.

So he reached to the squirrel with his mind. He came to a wall. He tried to pass through it, but it would not let him. He rammed it hard, and with time, he broke through.

Yeeeees? The squirrel lazily asked.

Do you know who I am?

Yes, you're the young man over there with the white dragon. What have you named her?

Uh, Surion. So you are a Car'ygal as well?

Yes. Now leave my mind before my friend or any others get suspicious. The wall was back up. Miost retreated his mind and smiled at Surion. It was easier than he had thought.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd handed Lena a cloth "Here clean your face and blow your nose, when you're ready we'll go and meet our new friends. Perhaps we can persuade Torben to let you help with the potions. It's the best way to learn"

8. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31

Roo was listening while Torben told him about the recent happenings, all those strangers that arrvied in Laelit, with strang eggs from which strange creatures hatchet, the attack of the Weygips and the story of the Travellers about the Stalker.

After Torben ended, Roo thought about everything.
    "Maybe this is the "Test of the Nature Godess" my Master told me about. When i finished my Ranger training, he told me i had to pass some sort of test. Seems like it started, so it would be best if i stay with you. And i guess you wouldn't be ungratefull for another two sword arms, eh?" he said with an whimsical smile.
    "By the way i think i didn't introduce myself yet" he continued,"Riavin Shadowhand, former Thief, former Apprentice-Magician, now Ranger, at your service", he yelled across the whole place, so everyone could hear him, "but you can just call me Roo."

You are such a restraining person, aren't you?, Mephis said sarcasticaly, but Roo completely ignored him and watched what happened.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna raised one eyebrow and smiled. "I am Rayenna, bard of the Travellers." Pointing to Salana, "This my companion, Salana, a most unusual owl. Welcome to our little band of confused, bewildered band of adventurers."

She looks around at the others, "Prehaps we should get together and share information about our selves and our companions before we start off to whereever and whatever."

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Gratefully, she cleaned herself to presentable and joined the others in welcoming the new halfling. Shyly, she introduced herself. "Hello. I'm Lena and this is Porso, my firebird." She waved overhead to the red bird above the group. "I'm a healer of sorts, but I know I have too much to learn yet." Trying to be friendly, she offered the black squirrel a large berry.

-hey, I thought that was mine- Porso grumbled.

Lena rolled her eyes. You need to learn to share.

11. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31

Roo smiled at the two women. "Nice to meet you, Rayenna and Lena, and of course your fine companions." he said, "My little "friend" here is called Mephis."

He pointed to the squirrel on his shoulder, which was suspiciously examinating the berry offered by Lena. Quickly he grabbed the fruit and chewed it satisfied. Lena could hear a gentle Thanks in her head.

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd introduced herself and her companions to Roo, but she was smiling more at Lena; she was starting to unfold like a delicate blossom and it was a lovely sight to see. Trusting what Mnemeth had told her she reached out with her mind to Lena and out of courtesy included Porso

*It is Breyd, Lena know that I believe in you and your talents; and I will always be your friend*

Turning to Torben at her side she said
    "I wonder if you would mind helping Lena learn to make potions, I've given her some recipres which include potions of speed, remove fatigue and add strength; which I notice you didn't seem to have. My time as an alchemist, potion-maker will be limited and it will make her stronger to learn from someone else."

13. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon still hurting from the fight and still shocked from the hug and kiss. He lay sparled across a log, Beratli was on the grass sharpening his already notched axe blade. Holon now had time to realize that his first battle he rushed in to save a girl who is almost a stranger and he got clobbered.

" MY FIRST BATTLE! " he said in a loud whisper to Beratli. " That was my first ever battle, it ... it felt good my blood was pumping..." he stopped realizing Beratli was giving him a grin like vetrens do to recruits. Holon was at first embarrased at his outburst but then thought, why was this two month old creature belittleling him.

Beratli shook his head and pointed at the new halfling. Holon got the hint and got up and limped over to the crowd it was time he gave a more friendly greeting.

" Um.. Hello, my name is Holongost Berra..." he figured he should change his name like all the orphans do. So he picked the first one that came to his mind." Holongost the Bull, I am still unsure if Beratli is one of the creatures, for he never came from an egg and he seems to be able to talk. I don't think we're a part of the "Chosen Ones" but I will follow Lena where ever she leads so you'll have to live with it. I am from the destroyed town of Olot and these Weygyps might have attacked my village or something else, because my father was shot by an arrow and Weygyps only have one hand so there might be others, but you are the ones of importance so I'll let you make the choice. " Holon had lived with men who did all the thinking and he was only part of this groupe because of Lena so he figured them his betters, so respectfully he gave each one a bow and an extre long one for Lena

[ January 27, 2006, 02:22: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

14. Nakia

Media:
    Reyenna studied Beratli for a moment. "Only Beratli can tell us if he is a Car'ygal or not. I am no seer (a smile and nod to Breyd) but I do not think any of this is coincidence. Welcome to our group, Holongost Berra. Whatever your reasons for joining us I think we will need yours and Beratli's talents very much."

Looking around at the others, "We need to prepare to leave but I would also like to know more of our companions. I would also like to have some of that special potion Torben told my mother about. You need some blood, Torben?" She clenched her left fist and held out her arm to Torben. "Take what you need"

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost looked at Holon questioningly, then interjected, "His name is actually Holon the Bull. He and I were talking earlier, and he told me his name."

[ January 27, 2006, 03:19: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro turned away as Rayenna began the process of blood-letting for Torbens potion. The Traveller woman (He really should learn her name) looked down at him, confused.

"Something wrong, Alandro?"

He paled as he heard her question. "I'm sorry, can we leave?"

She nodded, and lead him away further into the camp, and into a caravan near a campfire. Inside was quite dim, so she lit a few candles, sending which wafted perfumed smoke through the room. She indicated a chair, which Alandro gratefully dropped into, and accepted a glass of water when offered.
    She sank into the chair next to him, and gave him a concerned gaze. "Are you alright?"

The man took a few sips of the water before answering. "Yes, I'm fine. I just...don't like blood."

She raised an eyebrow "You didn;t seem to mind the battle."

"That was combat, the wounds were unwanted. I don't like it when people are voluntarily injured."

"Masochism, you mean?"

"Something like that."

"Can I ask why?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

They sat in silence for a moment, before a though struck Alandro.
    "I don't know your name."

She blushed "My apologies, I forgot. I am Sophia."

Alandro was shocked. "I have a friend called Sophia."

"Now you have two."

He couldn;t fault her logic, and sank further into the chair, nursing the water, and waiting for his stomach to stop heaving.

17. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn walked over to where the others were standing flashing a smile to all. Dropping his armour. "I'm Kayn and this green beast is Vike. As far as I can tell he's a wingless dragon, who likes to chase things."

18. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon looked down at Beratli waiting for a answer but all he did was puff out his chest, spit and stalk off to sit in the corner. Holon didn't follow, Beratli may be small but could crack a hefty punch so he sat down beside Lena, who stopped crying . While the others talked he started to cut awat on a piece of stick.

[ January 27, 2006, 02:21: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena blushed at Holon's gallant bow. She heard distinct sniggering in her mind and gave Porso a sharp look. The bird daringly winked, chirruping as he saw his Chosen's face grow as red as his feathers.

She decided to pay closer attention to Torben. "Is there anything I can do to help? I'm good at fetching things."

20. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31

After Roo had greeted everyone appearing, he suspiciously looked at the Minotaur. "I don't trust this one" he said to Mephis in his mind, "i wonder if he will backstab us one day."
    No need to worry, i will protect you in case. But I think your worries are wrong. the squirrel said in return.
    "How do YOU want to protect me?" Roo asked laughing, "Do you want to talk our enemys to death?"
    You will see

Turning his attention back to the conversations of the other people, Roo heard someone talk about potions.
    "Maybe i can help you", he said to Torben,"I've collected quite a few plants near my hometown, to sell them to an alchemist. But now it seems i'd better give them to you."

He took one of his many bags from his belt and gave it to Torben, who excitedly examined it. Inside where some plants Torben had never seen before, but after some further examination he came to the conclusion that they could be of quite good use.

"Now that we are all formaly introduced, i would really like to eat and drink something." the halfling mentioned. "Could someone show me the way to a Tavern?"

The plants still took Torbens full attention but when he heard the word "Tavern" he absently pointed towards a building in the center of the village. Roo thanked him and walked in the shown direction, saying "I'll be back right after" to the surrounding people.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.