1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kayn walked into the camp with Vike running behind him. His black hair was stuck and matted with blood, and his face and hands were stained as well. His leather armour that had just been purchased was now stained a dark reddish brown around the arms and neck.

He nodded to the other combantants and walked with his head high as he neared Bracdorns camp. "Good fight to both of you." He said as he got closer to Alandro and Bracdorn.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost slowly waded through the bodies towards the main camp. He saw Bracdorn and Alandro standing there, waiting for the others to return.

His hair looked red with the blood dripping from it, and Surion was glimmering with an orange hue. She squeaked affectionately, and nodded towards the others. He was glad that neither of them had any major injuries. But then he thought of Holon.

He glanced over the battlefield and wondered how he was.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Posting as Breyd Treesong for Darkstrider

Breyd's spirit wandered through a strange land. Shadows reached out to her and she heard voices calling. Finally, she saw a figure surrounded by light. It spoke to her telling her of things that might be. Then her spirit was suddenly swept back into her body.

She came to seeing that she was still in the stable with only Bast and Mnemeth. Mnemeth was standing guard over her and Bast was pacing restlessly.

“Bast, Mnemeth, where is everyone?”

Bast: There is a fight. We watch over you.

Breyd wearily rose to her feet as drained as if she had fought. “Come let us see what has happened.” She led her companions out of the stable and a short distance away comes across the battlefield. She looked at the bodies of the Weygigs and saw that they were being stacked off to the side. The bodies had been stripped of armour and weapons and probably anything else they had. A young Traveller boy ran up to her. “Bracdorn would like all those gifted with companions to meet in the camp.” He pointed towards it then went away. Breyd headed in the direction he had pointed.

Here ends post for Breyd

Posting as Rayenna and the Travellers

Rayenna had awakened from her exhausted state, and cleaned up a little. She was headed to Bracdorn’s wagon when she saw Breyd with her two companions. A smile lighting her face she said, “Oh good, you are all right. Bracdorn has asked all who have companions to meet with him.” Breyd nodded, “Yes so I was told.”

Rayenna led the way to the wagon. Three men were gathered with Bracdorn: Alandro, Miost and Kayn. A warm honeyed drink and some food had been brought to them. When Bracdorn saw her and Breyd, he waved them over.

“Two more of our champions. Are there others?’ Rayenna answered, “I believe there are three others: Torben, a hobbit alchemist, my mother met; Lena, a healer and Holon, who lost his village. Do you wish me to find them?”

“No, I sent out searchers. I would like to meet them. This Holon may be of great help to us. In the meantime let us refresh ourselves.” Bracdorn turned to Alandro, “You are right. We must find a spot that is more easily defended. My clan is too small to withstand another attack such as this and the village seems ill prepared also.” Then turning to Miost and Kayn, “We need information. What is happening in the other villages as well as where these creatures are from and why they are attacking.” He leaned back sipping a mug of the honeyed brews. “Drink some of this. It is medicinal but tastes quite good. It will aid the healing process and replenish much needed liquid.” Looking Kayn over, “Leather stains are hard to get out. If you wish, see our smith, Jerban. He has set up shop with Miost's father and is preparing weapons and armour. Anyone fighting this evil can get good serviceable items. Nothing fancy, mind you, but good.”

[ January 23, 2006, 03:10: Message edited by: Nakia ]

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"The creatures, the Weygips, usually dwell in the north," Miost piped up, "and we rarely see more than two or three around here. They come down here for food, or so we guess, when their supply runs out. We never have any contact with them of course."

He gave a shrug when he received four very quizzical looks, "What, I talk to the elders a lot!"

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben heard the message and ended up at the traveller camp with many of the others. They gave him a nice drink. "I'll have to talk to whoever made this," he said. Looking at Bracdorn he said, "I heard someone say you would need scouts. I'm not very good at fighting, but I know all of the shore, fields, jungle and forest around here quite well. Miost knows them almost as well as I do, though he can't always find the right plants, but we won't be looking for plants I guess. I've seen Kayn out in the forest and jungle too sometimes, but I'm not sure how well he knows them."

6. Benan Gems: 20/31

"I know the jungle and forest fairly well. I run in them all the time. I can easily find my way around the forest and with my developing skills from the other prochecy that surrounds me I can make battle plans and so forth." Kayn said as he played with the empty cup. "Thanks for the advice about my armour Bracdorn, but I kind of like the stains."

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

With a still dazed Holon flanking one side and an ever vigilant Beratli on the other, Lena and Porso scurried away from their resting place and worked their way toward where the Travellers were camped.

8. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon stumbled beside his master, his head still pounded and his vision was hazy. Holon was still ashamed for letting Lena be in danger so he couldn't look at her without tears of frustration coming to his eyes. His head hung low in shame he plodded along side, he looked over to Beratli and regarded his face , unfortuanly the bull's face was hard to read. When they reached the camp the others were already there and in conversation.

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd saw Lena arrive with Holon and the minotaur and take some food and drink; she stood up and put aside her own plate and cup. Looking towards Mnemeth who was already twice the size he had hatched *Can you get their attention* she asked, Mnemeth flew above her head she felt the wind from his wings as he bugled a long clear note. *Thank you* she told the dragon pride and love tinged her mind-voice.

Looking up she saw that everyone was looking in her direction "Now that I have your attention, I need to explain a few things about myself and our situation. For myself the story is simple my grandmother was a Seer who could see things that would be amongst those visions was my Wyrd to become like her a Seer, earlier today I had my first vision and as a result my first spirit walk. Because of these I now know some things I didn’t before, for those of us with companions we were chosen by fate, karma, destiny, the gods call it what you will; they are to give us strength, abilities we wouldn’t ordinarily have and love, for we will love them and they us.

“The words I spoke earlier
    "Woe to the world
    If the circle breaks of its own accord
    Joy to the darkness
    If the chosen walk away from duty
    Look to the warnings
    And heed all the signs
    for Victory to be won
    they all must start the path"

refer not just to those of us with companions but also our new friends the travellers; for it is the work of the Shadowed and thus the Stalker that we face.

"It is important that the path is started correctly all of us those with companions and some travellers MUST go north to face the Weygips and remove the Shadowed one that guides them now to make them organised and motivated. By removing Her we will find they go back to their old ways soon enough.

“Once we have started on this path, I am not sure what else will follow but I do know who it will be hardest on and who we must cherish most” She turned towards her subject and continued “Lena, of all of us you are the least equipped in experience of this outside world and its harshness, the beginning will be hard for you but remember we are your friends and will always help you. If you are unsure of anything ask me, Rayenna or Holon and we will be there for you; you are not alone nor shall be ever again.

“Now we need to organise some defences for the village against the Weygips and then move north as soon as possible.”

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bracdorn reached round and found the staff his wife had placed for him. He levered himself to a standing position.

“Well spoken, Seer. Several of the Travellers will go with you. There are good fighters and have some basic knowledge of healing. Nothing magical. You will need potions. Torben, you mentioned a special potion to Aryann. Perhaps you could see her about making this potion. Whatever you need, ask, and we will supply you if we have it or can find it. Holon, we need to know anything you can tell us about the attack on your village. I know it will be hard for you to speak of it but it is important.

I will meet with the leaders of the village about fortifying the village. I also have a burial to arrange.”

He looked seriously at each of the Chosen. “Why you have been Chosen I do not know but the fate of this land lies with you. Supply yourselves well. Alandro is a first rate warrior and can help with any training you may need. Miost and Kayn know the country and can guide you. Watch over Lena, I think her gifts will be much needed. She is your main healer and perhaps more. Rayenna I do not need to extol. We have seen her powers. Together you are a mighty force. Now I must be about preparations.”

With the aid of the staff, he moved off leaving the Chosen to make their plans.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena gulped and tightened her hand on Holdon's arm. Instinctively, she leaned into his strength, hoping a portion of his bravery would rub off onto her. "I promise," she stated with a raised voice so she could be heard.

She guided her friends to a comfortable spot and made certain Holon was at ease. She left, quickly found food and drink and returned. Both the males needed nourishment after defending themselves.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost was bewildered at what was going on. It was so strange that he had been doing a simple errand for his father, and suddenly he's a Chosen one?

Feeling troubled? Surion asked casually.

Why me? Who chose me, or rather, what chose me?! He paused, and added, and what role did you have in this if any?

I chose you, Miost. We all chose our counterparts. We wait in our chrysalis until we sense the One. But the One differs between all of us. It's our preference, she chuckled, and we are supposed to choose wisely. Or that's what the gods tell us.

Miost was confused, So the gods.. made you?

Surion pondered this for a moment, and then, In a sense, yes. But we have existed in spirit for centuries. But when the gods see something that shouldn't be happening, or something that threatens themselves, they intervene with the Chosen, she paused, But they haven't issued the Car'ygal, the name for us "creatures", in at least a millenia.

Are all of the gods involved?

Oh no, only a select few organize and watch over this event. I believe the goddess you worship is Lyatia? The Lady of the Rainforest. Hm. Fitting. Well, she is one of the gods who organizes this.

Miost nodded in real life, and beckoned for Surion to land beside him. She landed on the grass beside him. He took out a small cloth, wet it, and started to shine her scales, which were stained with blood.

Thank you, Miost.

He smiled, Thank you too.

13. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Roo was sitting in the darkest corner of the Tavern, and slowly drank his beer. For the last two hours, he had been watching a group of mages, who were exictedly discusing. But it wasn't the persons he was intersted in, only the small glowing gem they examinated intensely.

Just one last time, he thought to himself.

He had just finished his basic training with Faeyr, the ranger, who told him to go out an learn the ways of nature on his own. But his thievish soul, who kept him alive for so many years, couldn't be restrained that easily.

Finally the mages started to leave one after another. Roo waited patiently till the owner of the gem left the Tavern. He waited a few seconds and then left as well. Once outside he looked around to see where the old mage went. Nimble as he was he climbed onto the roof of the tavern and followed the man from above. When the mage stopped for a few seconds to find his way, the halfling used one of the few spells he could still cast without his finger, and used the darkvision spell.
    After he followed his victim for a while he saw his chance. Roo silently jumped down the roof and
    sneaked towards the mage. One cut with his dagger and the small gem fell out of the purse. Now his only thought was run! cause the old man had noticed him.

Faster then ever in his life, the Halfling ran down the dark streets, cause he knew he would be dead if the mage would catch him. He often changed the direction and used small sideways and backstreets to escape from the curses-yelling man.
    After a long time of running, Roo stopped in a sideway. Nervously he listened if he got rid of his follower and when he couldn't hear a noise for several minutes he took a deep breath.

Sitting down on a crate he examined his booty. It was a small, green glowing thing which now looked more like an egg then an gem. Roo wondered if he risked his life for something worthless, when he suddenly heard a deep voice "Foolish Thief, did you really think you could get away from me that easy?"
    A cold shiver ran down his spine when he looked for a way to escape. But it was too late, the mage had allready begun to cast a spell, and several seconds later he threw a large, burning ball towards him, laughing like the devil himself.
    Roo knew this was his end, when he saw, like in slow motion, the fireball fly towards him.
    But suddenly the small egg began to glow, stronger and stronger. The Fireball exploded and Roo was thrown around and only saw darkness around him.

The mage smiled towards the smoking remains where the fireball exploded. He slowly walked there to examin the bones of the one who was foolish enough to steal something from him, and to get his valuable egg back. A few minutes later a devasting scream shattered the sleeping city when he realised that the halfling somehow escaped. He must have teleported away, even if the mage wondered how he managed to do that. But he swore to himself he would find that fool, wherever he was, and then he would pay for his doings.

14. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna spoke to each of the Chosen, then went to her wagon to gather supplies. She told her sisters and brothers what she was doing, talked to her Mother for a bit and got hugs and good wishes from them all, plus lots of Motherly advice. Her father was at the town's smithy so she decided to go over there and say goodbye and gets lots of Fatherly advice and hugs

15. DarkStrider

Breyd stood in the middle of the camp leaning heavily on her staff she was so tired and the visions and knowledge she had been granted weighed heavier still on her. She looked over at Bast and Mnemeth feeding on scraps of meat and felt their strength augmenting hers, she would need them so much in the coming days.

She felt saddened that she couldn't say goodbye to her friends and family properly, when she had left home for the village it was to gain knowledge of the egg and what to do with it, a moot point now as the egg had chosen her and she loved Mnemeth as dearly as she did Bast.

Leaning on her staff she moved over towards Lena tending her guardian and his minotaur friend, "Are you alright Lena? Can I offer your friend some healing potion and Firebead liquor to warm his blood? And here are some recipes of potions for you I've written them down so you can try them anytime you like"

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena turned at Breyd's voice. "Oh, thank you," she said and sent her friend a smile. "You should rest, too. Being a visionary isn't as easy as it sounds." She noticed the slip of her tongue, feeling the blush creep across her face. They would want to know about her mother and father now. Biting her lip, she tried to hold the story inside, but failed and it escaped with a rush.

"My mother was-*is* an elf and had visions, too," Lena began and busied herself by offering tidbits to her firebird. "Mother had a vision of...of something horrible a year ago. Whatever she saw destroyed her mind. Father and I took turns caring for her, but Father grew more intent on finding a 'cure' for his wife." Tears dribbled from her eyes and down her chin, staining the front of her blouse. She scrubbed them away with the back of a hand and blurted out the rest of her tale. "Father dipped into the dark arts of magik. He..he made Mother into a mindless...a mindless zombie!"

Lena's fingers clenched around the chunk of bread she'd been fiddling with. The brown softness oozed between her knuckles like mud. She sniffled back the stuffiness in her nose and waited for the axe to fall.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro sighed, and seated himself on top of a barrel next to a caravan, crossing his legs beneath himself. Nightingale descended and sat at the foot of the keg, looking up at him.

-You are tired, Lord?-
    -Fighting does that. The fatigue of battle and healing takes its toll-
    -Your friend comes-

Sure enough, the traveller woman was returning, and she offered him a wineskin as she leant against the caravan.
    He accepted it and took a sip. It wasn't water, but some kind of alcohol, almost like whiskey, but slightly different.

"Strong, no?"
    He nodded, and took another swig.

"I hear you and the other Chosen are leaving us."

Alandro nodded, and handed her back the drink. She took a gulp, and wiped her lips.

"I'm coming with the Traveller group."

18. DarkStrider

Breyd listened to the story with rising horror, then she took the girl into her arms and hugged her,

"Ach you poor child, you lived through this and there was nothing you could do, was there? Go ahead and cry if'n you need to there is no shame in this, no , no shame at all" As if to reinforce this view Bast came and laid her head in Lena's lap purring at her, Mnemeth hummed gently to her and Porso seemed to be saying something to Lena with her mind-voice.

"Is this what you ran away from? When you are ready I will go back with you that we may resolve the issues for you if you wish it; and I'm sure Holon will as well. But for now know that you are with friends and we judge you by who you are and what you do, not by what was done in your past."

And they sat there the dwarf hugging the girl while she cried and their companions adding their love and support as well the Druid's.

19. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn was dunking his head in another water barrel. Wipeing the hair out of his eyes, he noticed that his hands were still bloodstained. Washing them in the rain barrel as well. He took in the the sights of the camp. Perhaps if he lived through being chosen by these wierd dragon, bird things, and survived being one of The Ten, he would join the Travellers

Drying his hands, he peeled off his armour and shirt. He had a well defined chest and stomach. Soaking a cloth he wiped his torso down, fighting was dirty work. Grabbing his armour, he walked around the camp, especially watching what the others who had been Chosen were doing.

20. Riavin Shadowhand Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Roo opened his eyes. Trying to get all his senses together, he looked around. All he saw was plants and large trees. He slowly got up and exmined the sourroundings. He had never seen any place like this before. His hometown was surrounded by many forrests, but he never heard of a rain forrest nearer than 400 miles.
    "In what a mess I've gotten into now" he asked himself, and wondered if the egg had something to do with this. But when he remebered the egg and it's former owner, he realized the he should have been a small smoking pile of dust. He looked around to find the egg, would caused all this trouble but he couldn't find it anywhere.

Suddenly something took the attention of the young Ranger. A black Squirrel was sitting in front of him, examinating him patiently.
    "Have you seen my egg, little one?" he asked, not expecting any answer.
    I WAS the egg, said a voice and Roo looked around.
    "Who said that?" he said with a loud voice, while he readyed his Scimitar and Dagger, prepared to defend himself.
    Put those Butter-knives back where they belong, the voice said, I'm your friend. And why are you that surprised to get an answer if you ask a question
    The Halfling stared at the squirrel, and wondered if he was really speaking with an animal. He as a ranger could communicate with animals, but he never really "spoke" with them.
    "W-what are you?" he asked, still cofused about the situation.
    I'm your destiny, the squirrel said with a sarcastic tone in his voice.
    "Did you bring me here?"
    Indeed
    "Why this place, why couldn't you bring me to some place i know?"
    Because it's important that we are here. That is all you have to know by now. You will understand soon enough

Roo mumbled some curses about "stupid squirrels" when he all of a sudden heard sounds of a nearby battle.
    This is our destination, the squirrel said and started to run into the direction of the sound.
    Because he didn't know what else he could do he followed his new "friend".
    "Oh mighty squirrel, may i by any chance ask your name?" he asked in a mocking voice while following the nimble animal.
    Of course, Roo. My name is Mephis

They travelled fast and the halfling had quite some problems to follow his quick companion.
    After a while they couldn't hear the sounds of battle anymore but Mephis still ran towards the same direction. Finally they reached a clearence and saw a small village. Many people where running around and it was obvious that a battle took place here not long ago.

Roo took Mephis and sat him on his shoulder, then walked into the village, towards a assembly of people.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.