1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

As usual, Alandro wasn't listening, leaving it to his sister to discover what was going on.

Alandro's mind was wandering back to his former companions, the Company of the Shining Helm.

A look of fond remembrance passed over his face, but was all too quickly replaced by anger, and he viciously swore under his breath, before he felt Nightingale land on his shoulder.

-Lord, you should hear this-

He listened to the others' words, but looked away in disgust as Kayn made his violent proclamation.

"Whether or not this is destiny matters not. Our actions matter not. Destiny comes to us all eventually. Run if you wish, but your fate will catch you. Your only choice is whether you die with a wound in your front or back. Action, or cowardice" Alandro said, quietly.

Any further argument was halted for Breyd's song, after which she collapsed. He looked at her for a moment, and concluded by her comapnions' reactions that she was fine.

He stepped forward. "We must decide first of all what threat we face, and secondly what must be done. I for one will not flee again. I am no coward." With this, he retreated to his corned, and leant against the wall again.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna sat quietly listening to the others. Then rose and spoke quietly but in a voice that carried.

“I am young and inexperienced. I would like to run and hide behind my mother but it would do me no good. Now I must speak of things that Travellers do not like to talk about among themselves much less with Solsenti that is non-travellers.

Hundreds of years ago on another continent there was a city of powerful wizards. In their arrogance, they created a creature that came to be called The Stalker. It feed off evil.” At this Rayenna lifts her head and looks at each person around her.

“Unfortunately we all have some evil within us and The Stalker became very powerful. The wizards decided that the only way to contain the creature they had created was to sacrifice the city. This was done. Thousands of people were sacrificed and the city was sealed. But this was not enough. The Stalker still had power in the area surrounding the city. Creatures coming near could be used by The Stalker. The greater the intelligence and natural bent to evil the greater the use. Powerful evil beings developed called the Shadowed.

Realizing their responsibility for this evil the Wizards developed a group of humans called Travellers. They were charged with fighting this evil. To aid them the wizards created the Orders. A few Travellers are born with an Order. The powers are similar to Solsenti magic powers but develop naturally without the need for books or scrolls. The primary training the Ordered Traveller receives is actually, what all Travellers receive. We are taught self-control, to recognize and contain the evil within ourselves.”

Rayenna is thoughtful for a moment. “Is the evil we will face the same? I do not think so but Bracdorn, our clan leader, says that evil feeds on evil and that it is the duty of a good person to fight as best he or she can. We can run and hide but as the voice of the Seer has said we will only aid the evil. Alandro has said it. We can choose to die facing it or running from it.”

With that she sank to the hay, tears running down her face.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Running sounds good. I'm all for running away...and hiding, too." Lena's feet were itching to dash down the road and never come back. Yes, going back home to her father is becoming more appealing by the moment.

She scurried away from the others, eager to be by herself. Why did evil show up now? What's the deal with these egg-things? Too many questions and not enough answers for her liking. Everyone was having portents and visions except her, making her feel even more of an outsider than usual.

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon lost in thought realized it was time he should tell his tale but he didn't want to tell of his grief to these strangers. He didn't think Beratli was a creature like them, he was a minotaur , not a dragon or a rare creature. All Holon wanted is to avenge his town or go on the patrols but now he was bonded to Lena and he would follow her through the nine levels of Hell, but he didn't think he had to splutter out his problems.

" Hoplite of the 2 legion, 10th squadron. Holongost Berrain. Child of murdered parents, sibling of murdered sisters. Olot was destroyed and I believe I am the sole survivor. Beratli here.." he was cut off when Beratli pushed his way past and glared at the assembled groupe.

" I'm Beratli and I'm no special companion. I am a MINOTAUR and I follow Holon here. I don't want to be called special!" he practicly spat the word special. He paused for a moment and glared at the people who still towered over him sitting down. He gave a snort and started again. "I didn't come from no egg. Anyway our first priority is Lena but after we repay the debt we're off for his village to kill something got that we're not going to be your friends and we don't care about..." Holon getting tired of the stout minotaur pushed him quite hard on his backside cutting him short. Beratli cursed loudly, snorted and got back up holding his axe in a dangerous manner.

After the speech they sprinted off after Lena not letting her out of they're sight.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro dropped to his knees next to Rayenna, and lifted her chin gently.

"Well done. Focusing on the task is half of the battle. You have given us an aim, an objective."

He stood up, tousling her hair. "I'm not going to tell you of myself, or my people. I'm simply going to remain here, and fight whatever threatens me. I care nothing for my own life. However, it seems this endangers all of us, so we must all fight. I expect everyone here wishes to preserve their life, and they had better be willing to fight to do so. Anyone who refuses to fight will die. I've seen it before, and I've buried friends too often."

Having said his piece, he dropped down next to Rayenna, and pulled a kercheif from his pocket, offering it to her.

"Weep not, all will be well. You have your people to defend you, do you not?"

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost sighed. He now didn't feel like having this responsibility. The others all talked of destiny and fate, and he wanted nothing to do with any of those. Why couldn't it just be a big coincedence that they all found special creatures!

You will get rewarded in the end. I promise. Surion said cautiously, and besides, you get a great best friend!

He showed her happiness in his thoughts.

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

Glaring hard at Alandro, Kayn quietly said "I'm going to fight, it was decided long before these eggs came around that I was going to die in battle. Maybe I'll explain to those who ask, but I don't really understand it either. I'll be outside find me when you are done bickering."

Kicking the barrel he had been sitting on, Kayn whistled for Vike. Surprised that the small dragon responded by bounding to Kayn and leaping upon the young mans shoulders he pushed through the door and went outside.

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"What bickering?!" Miost shot at Kayn's heels. He was surprised at his sudden bitterness.

You know, you're just fueling his mood by saying that.

I know. I'm just a little stressed, okay?

Surion didn't reply. She flew up into the rafters above the others and decided to listen.

9. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon with all his training found himself hard pressed to catch up to the fleeing Lena, he was of course still injured. When he caught up he ran two steps behind keeping right with her, his vilagence never ceasing. Beratli on his left keeping pace easily, not even breathing heavily. Holon wanted to be by her side when she stopped because he could tell she thinking of something and might want to talk about it. So the loyal bodyguard ran by his keep his spear on his shoulder. He smiled slightly at himself, he was willing to risk his life for a woman and he didn't even know her last name. He shook his head and ran on.

10. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Well, we don't even know what we might be fighting yet, though it seems sure that fighting is in our future. Normally, I try to stay out of combat, or hidden from dangerous things, but that isn't always possible when I'm out in the jungle or by the sea collecting ingredients, so I have a fairly large supply of a standard healing potion available, plus, farm accidents aren't all that uncommon and sometimes the village healer is making rounds in the smaller villages nearby. I'm sure that I have enough for each of you to take one or two, depending on how much you think you will need it."

"If you are willing to part with a cup or two of your blood, I can make you an extra effective healing potion from it, that will only work extra special on you, though others will still be healed a bit by it. I also have a couple strength potions and speed potions on hand."

"If we don't have anything else to discuss at the moment, Rayenna, would you introduce me to some of your clan's herbalists? I'm sure they will have some interesting items that would be new to me. I love finding new things and seeing what can be done with them."

Torben walked over to Rayenna. Later, he would try and talk to Kayn about what he'd said.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna accepted the kerchief from Alandro with a weak smile. "Thank you, I am sorry to be such a baby." Then she turnned to the Hobbit. "My Mother, is Lark, healer. She will be pleased to meet with you."

Turning back to Alandro, "Bracdorn, our leader, is the one you should meet."

Salana has been crooning worriedly next to her and suddenly flies to her shoulder. Rayenna does a double take. "You fly!" Looking closely she sees that the baby feathers are loose some falling to the hay as Salana flaps her wings. Salana is looking rather scruffy with the feathers sticking out at odd angles. She begins to groom herself, tossing feathers around. I grow! Soon I will hunt! I will search! I will soar!"

Rayenna stands up a little shakily. "Is the dwarf alright? Prehaps we should take her to my Mother."

She turns around and looks at the others. Raising her voice slightly, "The Travellers will fight. They will search to find this evil. From what the Hoplite said one village has already been destroyed. I do not think this is coincidence. Any who wish come with me to my clan. Plans can be made to search and prepare for what may come."

With that she heads for the exit, back straight and head held high. She is Owl, bard of the clan of Dravera the Gentle and she will play her part and hide her fears and uncertainties.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro stood, and nodded "Let us go, I will meet with your leader then."

Nightingale swopped up to his shoulder, and gripped his cloak to avoid falling off.

He caught up with Rayenna, and storde alongside her.

"Is there anything I should know before I speak to this Bracdorn? A formal title, for example?"

13. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna stops and looks at Alandro. "We do not use titles. He is the leader. If you speak to him as you would to an equal I think that would be best." Then she smiles a little and laughs, "But do not lie to him. One of my talents is to know when someone lies in my presence. I would have to tell him you are lying. Better to simply say you do not wish to answer."

As they near the wagons of the Travellers she a lot of activity. Bracdorn is supervising the moving of the Caravan. Her mother has a small group of villagers around her and is dispensing potions and salves. Rayenna speaks quickly to her telling her about Torben and then goes to Bracdorn. He sees her approaching with Alandro and walks towards them studying Alandro as they near.

/Bracdorn: "So, Rayenna, what news do you have? It seems you have at least brought us a warrior."

She introduces Alandro and gives a brief description of what happened then steps back to let the two warriors talk but not so far she can't hear.

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost stands by Rayenna, careful to not let Surion snatch any food from people's arms.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Looking around quickly, Miost stepped up to Bracdorn cautiously, "Greetings Bracdorn," he says with a surprising amount of manners, "I am Miost Berrain, son of Ashir Berrain, smith of this village, and Deati Streamweave, sea elf and medic of this town, and I would like to help in this..." he paused, "..predicament."

Bracdorn didn't answer, indicating for Miost to go on.

"I have a theory on what attacked our sister village, Olot. I believe it was Weygips." Bracdorn's eyebrows twitched at this comment. "Weygips are known to leave no survivors, and demolish all buildings. Also, they burn everything until the ashes are miniscule. And by the amount of smoke, I am guessing that they did just so.

"Also, the color of smoke is a calling card for the Weygips. If one looks closely, you can see a strange red tint to the blackness. It is the oil they use to cover everything in. It comes from a plant called the Quiancha, and it only grows in the Juid rainforest, which just happens to be the rainforest surrounding us right now.

"And as you know, Weygips are very similar to orcs, except they have one long claw on their left arm, instead of a hand. Also, they are much more intelligent, and stronger. So, in a group, these would prove a dangerous foe. And if you listen to what my cousin, Holongost, the lone survivor of the Olot devastation, has to say, you will hear how quickly his family and village were destroyed, which also points to Weygips.

"So, if you are going to help us, I can rally some sturdy and trustworthy villagers to patrol the lands around, looking for anything strange." Miost straightened and waited for Bracdorn's reply.

"Well young man, I am indeed interested, but I would need to speak with some others before making any rash decisions." He cracked a smile at Miost.

Miost turned and backed off, letting Alandro have the floor.

You did well my friend. Very professional. Surion made an image that signified pride.

Miost blushed. Thanks.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Bracdorn looked at Rayenna who simply nodded her head. Miost had spoken the truth as he knew it.

/Bracdorn, "The smith's son. Good. Rayenna's father has already made arrangements to work with him. A good man."

In the meantime the Travellers were moving their caravan down a trail to the northwest of town.

17. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben was having a wonderful time bartering with Rayenna's mother. So many new and interesting herbs and seeds! Luckily, he'd brought a large bag full of commonly useful dried herbs. Since Ma Katja's knees went bad on her, he was the only one in the village who collected many of the herbs, and he had a large stash of dried herbs of many types. The traveler's healer happened to be looking to replenish her stock, so Torben was able to make many good deals. Afterwards, he perused their other wagons selling items, but didn't find anything he wanted just then. He saw Nimmkelt talking to a trader. His boss motioned him over.

"Torben, is Frehicke all alone in the kitchen. You need to get back there and get to work!" Nimmkelt said.

"Nimmkelt, I need to talk to you, some weird things have been happening and I ..."

"Like you not getting your work done? That's not weird, that's normal, now go!"

Torben didn't know what to say, so he went back to the tavern. How was he going to be part of a great adventure, and still peal potatoes and serve ale at the same time?

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn was walking around the Travellers camp. He felt safe here with other skilled fighters. He and Vike had already purchased some nice leather armour and he had thrown it over his clothes. Staring into the distance where the others talking Kayn jumped when a voice suddenly said "You seem angry at them."

Turning Kayn met face to face with a young woman who was around his age. "Uh no." He stammered "It's just that we're in this together, but there is a whole other thing that effects me and my involvment." He said as he fell into the step with the girl and explained his reluctance it felt good to get it out in the open.

"Well perhaps you should go offer you insight" the young lady said with a smile.

"Perhaps. I have fought against Welgyps before." With that that he rushed off to join Alandro and Brcdorn.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Bracdorn turned as a young man with a green lizard or dragonette approached. The way the man carried himself indicated at least some fighting skills. Looking at Rayenna he raised his eyebrows quizzically.

"Bracdorn, this is Kayn, one of those gifted with a companion. Kayn, this Bracdorn, our clan leader and warrior. I think Bracdorn would like to ask you some questions."

/Bracdorn, "A pleasure to meet you, Kayn. Mainly I would like to know your dedication to fighting this evil and something of your skills."

20. Scot

Torben thought the lunch hour rush would never end, but eventually it did. Then he went down to his lab with Rusty, and some old horse shoes and the new herbs he'd traded with Lark for.

He set to work, he wanted some more healing potions, they would definitely soon be needed. Then he put small amounts of the new herbs in various test pots to see if they really did what Lark said they would.

A half-hour later, as he was filling a bamboo container with a healing potion, Rusty bumped him and looked up agitatedly with alarm in its eyes.

"What is it?" Torben asked, but then he heard some splashing noises and voices coming from the next cavern over, where the underground river came out of the wall. He pushed Rusty under a table and motioned for him to stay, then he pulled his cloak up over his head and silently moved towards the opening to the next cavern.

Just as he was nearing it, he heard a gruff voice say, "Gharilt, Hanmarl, you two take your squads up that passage there, it must be the passage to the village the seer found for us. Kill and burn, kill and burn. I'll take my squad over here, it looks odd."

Torben had just enough time to hide in a pen full of hay before five ugly creatures with hooks on one arm came into his lab. "They must be the Weygips they were talking about," Torben thought. He pulled a bamboo tube out of a cloak pocket, and very carefully pulled the glass tube out of the bamboo container. He waited until four of the Weygips were near him, then lobbed the glass tube up so it landed between them with a crash.

He ducked down into the hay to avoid the blast that blew the four creatures apart, literally. An arm landed next to Torben's head.

"I told you to be careful, a wizards lab is no place to knock things about!" the first gruff voice yelled, coming over from behind some stills to investigate.
    "Serves you all right, being so stupid!" It said, seeing its companions in bits on the floor and wall. Then he caught a glimpse of Torben in the pen and quickly snatched him up with the handed arm, slightly poking him with its hook.

"What's this? The wizard's boy, uh?"

"No, I'm no boy!" Torben said, as he pulled his dagger and shoved it into the things chest, only to hear a loud clank and have the blade turn away.

"Ha, ha, ha! Good try, boy! I have the best iron breast plate ever made. Look here," he said, pulling his wraps aside with the hook, exposing a thick iron plate. "You'll have to hit me harder than that. Prepare to die!"

Torben was doing just that, when Rusty jumped over him and landed on the creature, flailing the breastplate with his antennae.

"What the hell is this?!" the creature shouted. As the breastplate turned to rust, Torben shoved his dagger once more, and this time it went straight into the creature's heart. They all dropped to the ground.

"Good job! Thank you!" Torben said to Rusty. But Rusty was busy eating the rust. As he did, Torben saw a huge gold chain, beset with rubies, that the creature was wearing. He quickly took it off him before Rusty could eat it. With this, he might be able to finally pay Nimmkelt off, and maybe even get his mother's necklace back. That is, if anybody was left alive up there, this one had ordered the others to kill and burn.

Torben gathered up some more potions and quickly ran up the tunnel after them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.