1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna gathers her things and walks over to Alandro the rain fitting her mood. She and Alandro join the others. Alandro suggests sending the Companions and the Travelers out to scout and Miost agrees.

Salana preens her flight feathers then takes off. The group wearily and wetly trudges toward whatever lies before them.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena rubbed her hands together in a worrysome fashion. She'd killed someone. Even in the name of love, she'd killed someone. It was painful for her to realize how far she could go given the circumstances. Her father's madness did not seem as insane now as it did before this moment.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro shook his head and followed Rayenna, flexing his arm experimentally as he walked. Eventually, he gave up, not wishing to break the stitches and began to whistle a tune as he walked, one hand toying with the black ribbon that hung from the hilt of his sword.

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon and Beratli walked silently together. Neither wanting to break the silence. The silence was comfortable as they enjoyed the peace and quiet of the forest. Lena, took away the burden of being the first to talk.

" Holon!" she cried as she raced towards them. " Whta happened? Your injuries are already healed, Beratli what...?"

She stopped and stared at the formidable arm of stone. The glassy surface played in the sun filling all dark places with a reflection.

" Don't worry little lassy. Holon and I have recieved a favour from someone. That's all you need to know. We're both alright. And I believe I'll walk on ahead." He stated, as he noticed Lena was more interested in Holon.

Beratli came up beside Miost. He never really talked to the boy, considering that he was feeling quite content and he was Holon's cousin, he'd try to be "social".

" Son." he called, he might be nicer, but he didn't need to be too nice." You are the cousin of Holongost, correct?" The boy nodded, " How long how do you known him? Quite well or barely? I barely know anything of his past and he is a little bit like me, not the talker. You seemed more the chap to tell tales. What was younge Holon like as a calf.... boy?"

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost nodded at Surion, who was eyeing Beratli strangely. "Yes, I am his cousin. Although, we have not seen one other for many a moon. He and his family used to house in Laelit, along with my family, and we became quite close. But, my father and his father, well, they had a fight, which, in a much shorter story, ended in broken bones and broken trust.

Holon and his family, pulled along by their family, moved to the nearest town of Olot, where Holon became hard and cold. When he was younger, he and I played all the time, appreciating nature and loving the climate around us. But when he returned to Laelit, just a few moons ago, with you, he was unrecognizable. I barely did. Although, I felt the bond between us was still there.

Yes, and its strange, but Holon used to be the talkative one out of the two of us." Miost paused reflectively, "He's changed so much. But, I assume, it'll be the best for him in the end. And you, you will probably loosen the lock on his heart, for when he was younger, he had many little pets like squirrels, and--" Miost was cut off by a short grunt, "Not that you are considered a pet, but more of.. a companion! Yes, that's it.

Oh, look at me, you asked me a simple question and expecting short say, I've gone and said too much." He smiled at the minotaur, and looked back at the solemn spearman, who was staring blankly ahead, walking peacefully.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Is it normal to feel like this, Porso?" Lena again wiped her palms on her clothes. "When you kill someone, I mean? I keep finding blood..."

-all react differently to murder- the firebird chirruped. -some are remorseful. some are nervous. some are pleased. but all will murder again. it's a matter of time-

"I will?" she felt dumbfounded at this news.

-oh yes. the hard part is working up the nerve to kill the first time. each successive kill gets easier to perform- Porso manuvered his flight until he was over her head, then he flamed up his body. -like now-

The girl screamed as the fire began to spark her hair. Porso tweeted happily, circling and cutting her off from any help. The bird was disgusted with listening to these mewling infants spewing their goodness across the shadowed lands. He clicked his talons in anticipation of striking when a blackness engulfed him. -i forgot about that cat-

Bast shook his great head and took satisfaction in crunching the traitorous Car'ygal's fragile bones. His sandpapery tongue curled over his lips as he cleaned his face. "Thank you, Bast," Lena sighed and fell to her knees, hugging the cat. The death of Porso had put out the fire and she was not too singed.

Think nothing of it, Bast stated in a purring growl. Lena gasped. Bast dropped to his haunches with a stupid look on his feline face. Seemed the saying, 'you are what you eat' is true. He felt the eyes of everyone within hearing distance upon him. Mew?

7. Daie d'Malkin

"What the hell just happened?" Alandro asked, raising an eyebrow.

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost jogged after Surion, who had sped off in the direction of the scream. When they arrived, Surion's eyes flamed. Traitorous ******.

9. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

" What the hell!" Holon roared as he came to the scene." Lena! Are you akay? Did you get any hint he might turn?"

Holon stopped asking questions and hugged her close.

[ June 20, 2006, 00:53: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

She leaned into Holon, shocked as everyone else. "There was nothing...nothing...he seemed so normal and kind."

11. Daie d'Malkin

As Alandro began to ask what the firebird had said, Nightingale landed on his shoulder. He gave the bird a decidedly cold look.

"Do you know what just happened?"

-Lord, I have no idea how it happened, but yes, I know what happened-

"So, am I going to have to worry about attacks from the air as well?"

-Lord?- The bird's voice in his mind sounded consfused.

"Am I going to have to worry about you?" Alandro's tone, by comparison, was perfectly calm.

In response, Nightingale touched his Lord's mind, and when he felt them connect fully, dropped all barriers in his own.

Alandro gasped, and his eyes turned inward as he saw every aspect of the Songbird's mind.

After a moment, the contact was broken, with a chuckle from Nightingale.

-Satisfied?-

"Yes. Just be warned- if you try anything like that, we're having chicken for dinner."

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd felt the anger rising in Mnemeth after the actions of Porso, quickly he was at the killing edge and sensing this Breyd thought at him *Go, Hunt*. With an ear-shattering cry of anguish the dragon launched himself and sought out something to kill, his action was so sudden that Breyd stumbled and fell against a tree hitting her head harshly, and then the world turned black.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

He turned on us because he was in the ploy of the Shadowed One. We must be close to discovering his plans or putting a wrench in them. I understand that the other Car'ygal are angry that one of their own was ...subverted... to darkness. Perhaps we should be asking ourselves *why* Lena was attacked. Bast turned his gaze toward the druid. Once we revive her, of course.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro shook his head to clear his thoughts, and unshouldered his pack.

"Perhaps we should stop here for a moment while everyone composes themselves."

He pulled a flask from his belt and handed it to Lena.

"Have a bit of this, it'll calm you down. Careful, it's strong."

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon watched nervously as Lena sipped the liquid and immediately spluttered. He was glad she was unaffected and still gigled as she took another swig.

"Careful, if it is what I think it is, it'll affect you in a gulp." He cautioned her. She grinned at him and took another sip and then passed back to Alandro.

"Wow, quite the day today. I don't know if I'll be able to handle anyomre of this. I've never seen so much weird things in my whole life!" Holon exclaimed. He looked around he wanted to talk to Miost and stood up and linked in with Beratli.

How's the arm?

Fine. What do you want I'm trying to nap.

Sorry I disturbed your beauty nap, but where's Miost?

I don't know, but I think he went for a walk.

Those beauty naps arn't working.

Har, Har.

Holon went into the woods looking for Miost. He was getting tired of these mishaps and didn't like Miost walking by himself.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost wandered through the woods, a small distance away from the others, with Surion flying close overhead.

You've been very silent lately, love. What is the matter?

Well, to be honest Surion, I.. I've been a little nervous ever since Porso.. attacked.

My lord, are you afraid that I may do the same thing?

I.. well, yes. I haven't known you that long, yet I feel like I know almost everything about you, and vice versa. But.. so did Lena to Porso.

I must say, I am a little taken aback that you would suspect me of being influenced by dark forces, but I understand all the same. You have every right to suspect me of this crime. And I will assure you, I have no intention of ever doing anything to hurt you. In fact, to make you feel safe, I will make our mind link stronger, so that you can almost feel everything that I feel. Okay?

Miost let a chuckle escape from his mouth, Thank you. He sent a thought of love to Surion.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

"Miost?" Holon called through the gloom. "It's me, Holon. Are you there?"

Silence answered.

Ugly, is Miost back at the camp?

Have you ever wondered if I was self concious?

We have a mind link remember.

Oh yeah, no I havn't seen the squirt, but I feel his lizard, so they must be close.

I hear Surion is a firey one, don't let her hear you call her a lizard.

Yeah, yeah. Be careful loverboy, Lena will kill me if you get lost, and I am sick of having to save you.

It's great to know you care.

Holon saw a from in the shadows and walked over to the shadow.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost felt the mind of his cousin reaching out to him, and lowered his mental defenses.

Do you want something Holon, or are you just training your mind? We should be defending against outside forces, not swinging our reach higgeldy piggeldy. Miost searched Holon's mind, And you're right, Beratli should not call Surion a lizard. Miost chuckled and Surion snorted as she listened in.

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

"Sorry your Highness, I fogot you had your head up your ass. I'll come back later." Holon hadn't joined this group to be told what's what by some adolesant who is just as much a beginner as he. And he hadn't trained this hard to be in this group, if it wasn't for Lena, he wouldn't have stayed, Beratli and him could set off on their own and wouldn't attract as much attention.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Holon, keep it in the mind! We need as much practice protecting and defending our minds as possible. Besides, I'm not trying to boss you around, I'm just giving you advice. If you weren't so hardened and cold, you could accept it. Miost closed his mind, and muttered aloud to himself, "No wonder Lena is separating from Holon."

Miost followed Surion through the trees, admiring the way the setting sun on her shining scales created flecks of white and yellow light on the surroundings.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.