1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"What happened to Holon?" she asked in a frightful voice. She grabbed the nearest person and repeated her question. "Where's Holon? Do you know? I've got to find him. He could be hurt or worse."

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost caught wind of Lena's fears. He turned and located her within a few steps.

"Lena, he's gone ahead to scout. Don't worry about it. He's one of the most cautious and stealthy people I know. So again, don't worry."

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd came over to Lena and said "Use your link through Porso to find Holon and re-assure yourself"

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon woke up again, but more quietly. He took the time to survey is suroundings. Hanging upside down, really hurt the head and it made it more difficult to make out the area in the dim light. He was in a leather tent, tied to post shaped like a T. He couldn't see Beratli, so he tried the link.

Beratli?... Beratli are you alright?

No anwser.

Beratli!?

Holon was starting to panic, until he heard a soft moan either in the mind link or in the tent.

"Beratli?" Holon dared to whisper, but even that was too loud and it caught the attention of a very wary weygip. Holon realized why they were giving him special treatment, they wanted him to be bait for the others. Holon groaned at the pain of a heavy club making contact with his head. Blackness and stars were becoming common.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

-i don't feel beratli- Porso informed her as he glide through the air.

Holon's alive. I feel it in here, she told him and touched her chest. But he's hurt, I think. Aloud, she said, "I'm going to find them. Holon's injured and Porso can't contact Beratli. I feel sorrow at leaving you all, but I *have* to find him." With a whistle, she called the panther to her and climbed onto his back. Bast leapt eagerly into the woods, forcing Lena to plaster herself against his sleek, black form.

The trio hurried through the undergrowth. Porso continued to try seeking Beratli mentally. -it is strange. even unconscious, i should sense other Car'ygal. something is blocking me from do so-

6. DarkStrider

Breyd saw Lena go, and immediately began to worry, calling Mnemeth to her she climbed aboard. She concentrated for a moment, the others noticed the dragon become as ethereal as the dwarf "Something is wrong, follow as fast as you can" with that they took off.

7. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon was roused again from the sound of a fight. Beratli who seemed to be holding his ground against a two weygips. Holon struggled against the bonds to aid his friend, but all he succeed was cutting his ankles. Holon watched in agony as Beratli was beaten down and even when unconsious they kicked him for what seemed enternity to Holon.

The worst feeling in the world is feeling useless, Holon had to watch as they nearly killed his Beratli. Holon forgot his head and ankles, and started to weep. One weygip took Beratli out side and the other cruely cut Holon down and dragged him out as well.

Outside a large ring of the creatures were evily awaiting their entertainment. In the midst of the cesspool of the ugly monsters, was a stump, a bloody stump.

" No!" Holon screamed as he saw the stump, he struggled against the guard, but he hadn't been hanging upside down and kicked in the head a few times. One punch took all of Holon's fight out of him. He glumly watched as the dragged Beratli towards a huge lumox of a weygip who was sharpening his arm blade. A bucket was splashed over Beratli's head and he was slapped a couple times.

" There going to kill him" Holon franticly thought." I have to do something." He was about to panic until he saw a dagger.

Beratli let them strap his arm on the block, they weren't going to get one sound out of him. He closed his eyes in preparation to the pain. He could hear the weygip hoist his arm, he could hear their infernal chanting for blood and the drum beats. He pain was horrible, Beratli wasn't up to the task of holding his screams, he screamed away the pain, he screamed away his fear and he sreamed away his consiousness.

Holon roared as he ripped his flesh away from his wrists and ankles. His bonds were broken and he grabbed for the dagger, he felt something pierce his leg but he had to get to Beratli. He slit he throat of the nearest weygip and the next second he was beside Beratli, he killed the lumox and hoisted Beratli over his shoulder, everything was a blur, but he did notice that an arm was still strapped to the stump, Holon ran through the ring an out into the forest beyond. He ran and ran, until he started to fell his pain again, and then finally he collapsed. The pain was horrible but this time he didn't black out, he waited, either for death or salvation.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro took to his heels immediately, following the ethereal pair. He lost sight of them often, but his sister stayed at his shoulder, pointing him in the right direction. Nightingale sped ahead, and the Travellers a step behind him.

Despite the sounds of the group crashing through the forest, he heard a cry of alarm, and saw a lone figure struggling through the woods, pursued by many foes.

"Holon!" ALandro roared, and drew his blade. As the young man looked over to him, the older one saw that the bleeding minotaur withj him was missing an arm.

"Sagia's wisdom, what happened?"

There was no time to listen for an explanation as Weygips erupted from every direction, and the fight began.

9. DarkStrider

Breyd and Mnemeth landed behind the Weygips, Mnemeth took off again and started strafing them with Fire. Breyd started to sing, as she sang ranks of etheral elves began to appear and alughter the Weygips, no blade touched the elves as they began to repay the debt they felt.

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost's eyes flared with anger as he dove into the fray, having Surion at his back bolstered his strength. He fought with a vigour he had not seen before from any. Surion's spiked tail whipping through the air and flesh somehow reassured his self-confidence and will.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna and the Travelers raced after the others. Salanna flew over head. The Travelers swept into the battle, arrows sped forward to kill with deadly accuracy. Swords flashed and Weygips fell before their assault.

Rayenna stroked her lyre and the Owl lifted her voice in battle song. Salanna dived and struck at enemies and at the same time added to the song that swept the field. Weygips fell or fled from her deadly assault/ Salana flew around Holon and Beratli. A raptors scream errupted from her and she swept back into battle crying her vengeance.

As the Owl sang the magical song of strenght and bravery figures stepped from the forests., a host of Travelers struck at the Weygips causing confusion. The Weygips became uncertain who to fight. The strange silient figures, the elves slaughtering them or the group they sought to destroy.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"HOLON!!!" Lena screamed and fell beside her love and his friend. Quickly, she bound Beratli's severed stump and made certain he was alive and stable. Then she kissed Holon and dove onto the closest weygip.

She clawed and bit at the tough skin, tasting blood and hearing cried of rage as the beast attempted to shake her off its back. She gouged at its eyes, feeling a satisfying *sthwick* as her fingers found their mark. The beast bellowed with pain and blindly stumbled against a tree. Lena grunted as she connected sharply with the tree.

Her grip fell away, but her will to fight had not. She used her mental speech with Porso, demanding he and Bast help her avenge. The firebird and black cat fed off her boiling images, Porso rending the weygip's scalp with his claws and beak while Bast lunged for the throat.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro saw Lena's reaction during a pause in the fight, but was soon forced to react to a blood-spattered axe heading his way. Duck, lunge, withdraw the sword, watch the body fall.

Nightingale began to sing himself, a lively tune that crackled along in harmony with Rayenna's. The only major difference was that Nightingale's song set things on fire, Rayenna's didn't. Alandro found himself cutitng down a Weygip that screamed as it burned.

Before long, the onslaught of magic, ghostly elves that made Alandro's hair stand on end, Travellers, and Chosen finished off all enemies, and the process of cleaning up began. As others ran to insepct Holon, ALandro moved away and began to apply a tourniquet to his arm with a strip ripped away from his sleeve.

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The Owl's Battle Song died to silence, the illusionary Travlers vanished and she went over to see how Holon and Beratli. Seeing the damage silent tears fell down her face, she stroked her lyre, soft and gentle notes, she sang of hope and to whatever gods or spirits there might be. A song for Beratli.

Rayenna felt helpless, wondered if her gift was enough but it was all she had.

15. DarkStrider

Breyd watched as the Elves came and stood before her, their whole demeanour imploring, she looked long and hard at them

"Must I, still? The burden you place on me is hard, has yours not lessened enough yet?" with a heart wrenching sigh she continued "Very well, come back to me, and we will find your brothers and sisters still in pain"

She sang a song of Recall and as tears fell down her face, silently again they joined with her soul.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Unsure of why such anger possessed her, Lena called her animal friends to her side and returned to Holon and Beratli. She checked the minotaur's stump, sighing when she found the blood clotting. She could feel the others gawking at her and she felt shameful.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Beratli glumly sat on the moist leaf strewn ground, his brain still in shock. He could feel the ghost of his arm, but he couldn't see it. The dull throb was all he felt, his shocked brain dulled the pain.

He looked down to Holon who, still had his eyes open but was shaking and sweating, most likely hallucinating from the fever he recieved from the many wounds, but primarilay he wounds on his wrists and ankles were infected, and the one on his leg didn't look good. Beratli was confused, angry and hurt, he had believed he had found someone who would be his companion, and he his protector. Beratli stumbled off to a excluded part of the forest, his balance was gone to shambles with out his arm.

Whichever of you gods are listening, hear me now and hear me good. I am sick off the way you toy with me. You create me hapless and vulnerable to any. Also you create me ugly and a monster. You know these foolish humans are easily swayed to what is evil and what is good. You KNEW I would die many times, you sacraficed me time after time to find someone less judgemental. I am someone of great faith and I would have volunteered to do so, but I am sent again and again. Always against me will and I believe, even you deities, effete your godly powers. The finaly I have found a suitable person, you still play with me, you cut off my arm to see if he'll accept me, you bring him close to death to see his vitality, you nearly drown me to see his courage and his love. No more! No more shall I be a slave to thou will, I will never again be resurected to be slayed again. I shall live my life anyway it plays out good or bad, and I shall die when my time comes and I shall sleep and never be awoken again!

Beratli was exhausted by his mental barrage of the gods. He now had one more thing to do. To weep. He fell to his knees and wept, a silent weep as he wept away his anger and his fears. Suddenly thunder cracked and rain poured down in the buckets. Beratli backed into a large boudler.

" Are you so easily offened you shall smite me!" He called out, this time out loud. " I didn't think thou so petty. What will you do? Hit me with lightening?" He sneered.

Granting your wish.

Beratli didn't have time to retort, lightning slashed through the rainy sky and blasted Beratli against the wall. He could feel his skin burn and his fur smoulder. An amazed Beratli, got up from the crater where the boulder had been, he wasn't hurt! He would never understyand the gods but he would never serve them either. He brushed himself off, he sighed as he slapped his hand on his stomac, one smacked, then a slap that felt like a rock. He spun around and looked for the asailiant. The forest was empty, Beratli raised his arm in a fighting stance, instead of one arm he saw two, one normal brown minotaur arm and a sleek marble coloured arm that shone.

" My wish is granted!" Beratli whispered as he marveled the beutiful arm. It started at the shoulder and was carved amazingly, it looked real , every muscle was carved skillfuly, the elbow joint meshed perfectly togeter and the wrist and fingers could move with perfect ease. Beratli was astounded the arm was nearly vibrating with strength. He picked up a rock and crushed it between his thumb and middle digit.

Beratli was ecstatic, he raced off to show every Holon. He came upon his bed, it was empty!

" I guess you'll be winning alot of arm wrestles." A tired but very much alive Holon stated matter of factly.

Beratli didn't let his happiness show through his stern visage. " I always did anyway." That was good enough for Holon, he didn't need any explanations. He put his arm over the minotaurs shoudler and they sat down on a log, both ignoring the stares.

" My wish came true." Beratli, said. Holon only smiled.

18. Daie d'Malkin

"The gods taketh away, and the gods giveth," Alandro offered through a tightly closed mouth. He pulled the thread from between his lips, threaded the needle, and began to sew up the rent in his own arm.

"Strange that. I've seen many statues of goddesses without arms, and wondered where they were. Now I know."

He finished his musings, and his arm, and leaning against the tree. He pulled his sleeve back over the gash, and quickly covered the scar on his wrist also.

"Your arm suits the rest of you, Beratli. Hard as rock and just as stubborn." The words were offered more as observation than compliment. His tone was pensive, and he seemed quiet after the battle.

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost smiled and coughed. The rain was cold and, surprisingly enough, wet. He wrapped a piece of cloth around his waist to stop the bleeding on his hip. Raising an eyebrow, he spotted a silver tail sticking out from under a log. He stumbled over to it and pulled.

OW! Surion yelped. Miost laughed as the small dragon withdrew her tail and poked her head into the rain, That hurts, you know. What are you laughing at? I don't want to get my scales all wet, and I'm already freezing.

Miost crawled underneath the log beside her. Cramped may it have been, Miost was warmed by the slow beating of her heart, and closed his eyes. A few minutes passed, and a small Traveller woman came and woke them up. "Sir, Master Alandro is rousing everyone, he wants to keep moving, despite the injuries."

He nodded and crawled out, letting Surion stretch a bit. He looked down at Surion and realized that he couldn't even pick her up anymore. She was growing fast, and now was the size of a large dog. Miost asked, jokingly, Have you gained weight? He was silenced by a quick whip to the arm.

20. DarkStrider

Breyd was still a way apart from the others, the cold didn't affect her directly anymore, she leaned heavily on Mnemeth's shoulders, who was looking at her with love and sympathy. The rain hides many sins, she thought to herself as tears streamed down her face.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.