1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lifting an eyebrow, she replied, "I don't believe so. I hope you have because if you were asking if I knew the punchline, I'm sorry."

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Sophia raised an eyebrow. "Alandro, my lord, you are hardly old."
    "I know, I jest." He smiled and looked up at the trees. "How large is this forest?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Huge, I imagine."

Alandro nodded, unclasped his cloak and bundled it into his pack. He loosened the clasps of his breastplate, but left it on. It wouldn't be terrivbly clever to removed his armour when they still weren't safe, but he seriously needed to cool down.

Sophia gave him a long glance from the corner of her eye, before flicking her eyes to the longsword at his waist.

"Alandro, perhaps you could show me some of your sword technique?"

He nodded, and unsheathed his sword in a smooth movement that ended in a guard position.

Sophia whistled. "Fancy."
    "Useless. A lot of the technique is aesthetic. A showy swordsman can intimidate an unexperianced foe. Mind you, my people treat combat as a dance, so much is placed on smoothness of movement. We detest the cut and thrust of the average soldier, and romanticise slaying as an art."

"Blunt language for one who claims nobility."

"It is the truth. I say what I see. Once I agreed, but I have seen too much combat to agree now. Still, I can see the beauty of The Dance, and would still use the technique. I still appreciate it, despite my cynicism."

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna watching Alandro and Sophia was only vaguely aware of Lena's response.

"What?, Oh sorry. Come to think now it wasn't a very funny joke just rather, well, silly I guess."

She fell back a little a frown on her face. She began going through various mental routines taught to her over the years. So much was confusing her lately.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd woke from her deep sleep in the comfort Of Mnemeth’s strong presence and love, she rose and placing her hand on her companion’s strong neck enquired as to his health upon being reassured she stretched out the wrinkles after sleeping so well. The dragon lowered his neck and Breyd stepped up and settled in, with a leap and a large snap of his wings Mnemeth launched himself into the air.

*Where to, beloved* he asked.

“North and then a little west, can you see this place” and Breyd broadcast an image to Mnemeth and after receiving an acknowledgement continued “Land there when you find it there may be some Weygips for you to play with while I release the Elves, try and not get hurt”. The dragon snorted at that idea.

Landing in the clearing shown to him, Breyd alighted and stood calmly facing the jungle and then told Mnemeth where he could find some Weygips to play with and heard him leave. As she stood there a song began to fill the clearing, but this was not the Siren’s call that Breyd had taught Rayenna she had no need for that now; she had the elves own story to use and their voices. The song started as a lament for innocence lost and pain found and re-found, it told of tortures received, taken and given; and it told of their yearning for the Light and their trained aversion to it. As the song grew in intensity and power so the tears started to fall faster down Breyd’s cheeks, and into the clearing at first by ones and then 2’s and 3’s came the twisted ones; they stood at the edge of the clearing their eyes questioning who knew their story so well. The song changed, it became a song of release from servitude and treason against their own kind, it told of redemption and acceptance by the Light and it told of an end to the darkness. A collective sigh of longing came from the twisted ones and then upon realization they moved towards the light, Breyd and they gave themselves unto it.

Spiritual power flowed into Breyd at a rate she almost couldn’t cope with but she held firm that the elves could finally rest; the song reached a crescendo as an exultation of the Light, a resounding exhortation of life. As the song came to a close Breyd opened eyes she had not noticed she’d shut, she realised she could see through herself now, she willed herself to become more solid, but the pain of the elves she carried was overwhelming and she willed herself back to spirit. She would be even easier for Mnemeth to carry now.

5. Daie d'Malkin

"That doesn't make sense, Alandro."
    "It does, if you think about it.
    She shrugged. "if you say so. I'll think about it."

Alandro nodded, and motioned for her to draw her dirk. He showed her a series of parries and lunges, moving through a range of attacks and defences.

"No, you need to bend you knees more!"

He stood behind her, and tapped her leg with te flat of his sword. She shifted to the new position, and slashed as he had told her.

"Good! You're a quick pupil."

He laid a hand on her shoulder, but his smile froze as he saw the frown on Rayenna's face.
    "Eh?" he muttered.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena needed someone and zeroed in on Holon. She hurried to his side, draping an arm around his waist. "I'm sad that Breyd is gone," she whispered sadly. "I miss her so much. I hope she's okay." She walked with him for some distance, taking comfort in his strong presence. She leaned up and kissed his cheek softly. "Thanks for being with me, Holon. And please be careful. I...I'd really be upset if anything happened to you." Her face flushed at her confession, but she felt better for saying so.

7. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon hugged her back, unsure what to say but found comfort whit her presence. He was amazed at what transpired today: two men had appeared out of no where, then one disappeared, then they were attacked by what seemed a large enough groupe to take them out, but then they fled and know a metalic looking dwarf had just flown away. He liked things short and simple, not all this confusing stuff.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro watched Rayenna frown for a moment, and then shrugged.It probably had nothing to do with him, so he continued showing Sophia a few moves with her dirk.

The weapon was far too small and light for him, but he knew a few basic moves, and more complicated ones could be adapted from sword manoeuvres.

He taught her all he could remember, and the sun was almost set when he finished. It seemed a good point to stop travel for the day and set up camp, so be broached the subject to his companions.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna helped with setting up camp but was very quiet. She saw Lena and Holon together. She couldn't help feel envious of their relationship. Except for brief meetings her social life was with the members of the Clan who were all relatives of some sort.

She watched Alandro and knew she was attracted to him but so much had happened and she felt confused. She wished she could talk to her mother. Her cousin Sophia was older but Rayenna was sure she also was attracted to Alandro. They had a lot in common. Oh, why did growing up have to be so difficult?

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost watched the others as he helped the camp set up. He felt so out of place. Sure, he was a Chosen, but the others were so .. cool. Miost sighed to himself and then sat down, wincing at the pain in his legs.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro finished pitching his tent and entered it.
    He removed his armour over the next ten minutes, before finally dropping to his blankets and sighing from relief.

Too hot, too far, too much running around for one day.

He felt around in his pack for a waterskin, and sloppily emptied it into his mouth, missed and covered his head in warm water. Then he swore.

12. Nakia

Media:
    After helping get the camp set up, Rayenna sees Miost sitting quietly by himself so she goes over and sits down by him.

"Saw you wince when you sat down. Here, have this potion it should help. Speciality of my mother's. Is the next village near here? We haven't traveled this way at least not since I was born. Those twisted elves really upset me. I've never seen anything like that. The mark of the Shadow. Ugly."

Rayenna realizes that Miost is feeling uncertain and not sure what to do so she just prattles on. It also gives her relief from her own problems.

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Thank you Rayenna." Miost smiles and pats Surion. He pours a little potion into his hand and gives it to Surion, then gives the rest to himself, "Nah, the next town is not far. Olot can be seen from the forest when you are close, it is almost on the mountainside, and higher than all the forest. It had been referred to as the Watchtower of the Forest. Not anymore I guess."

He looks at his feet and kicks them around in the dirt, before he remembers that they are hurt. He gasps as his brain recognizes the pain. He lets out a snort to let Rayenna know that he's laughing at himself.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro shook his head, sending water flying from his sopping hair.

He closed his eyes and tried to sleep, but despite his exhaustion, his mind simply wouldn;t shut down. He was pondering how best to send himself to sleep when his stomach set his brain an urgent request for food.

When the rumbling had subsided, he sighed and left the tent.

WHile he'd been in his own, the rest of teh group had assembled theirs, and the small galde they'd camped in was packed with tents. He saw that each of the Chosen had their own tent, while the Travellers were sharing. That alone caused him to sigh, but there was little he could do about it.

Suddenly, he wondered where Nightingale and Alandra were. He hadn't seen either of them for quite a while.

-I'm over here, Lord. Mistress Sophia has found food. Berries and the like, and I have conviced her to sacrifice some of them-

The voice in his mind showed him the colourful bird strutting around the ground while an impressed Sophia handed him berries, and cooed over him.

-Poser- ALandro thought to Nightingale, chuckling in his mind.
    -Jealous, Lord?- The bird's thought was just as amused as Alandro's own.
    -No. I have opposable thumbs, I can feed myself.-
    -Now that was a low blow, Lord. Don't ridicule me just because I don't share characteristics with monkeys. I'll bet you can't call up flames.-
    -Tinderbox-
    -Touche-

Alandro laughed, openly this time, prompting those nearby to turn and wonder what was so funny.

-Do you know where my sister is?-
    -Olot. She wanted to see what we'd be up against later. SHe said she'd be back before moonrise.-
    -She always was the sensible one.-
    -Oh? I thought you would be, Lord.-
    -I was serious, but she was sensible. I might be more severe than her, but she always was better at this than I. Plus, every time we sparred, I ended up on my back with a sword at my throat.-
    -You should tell Rayenna that. An example of female power in your society.-
    -As if I'll ever confess being beaten up by my sister.-
    -Chicken.-
    -YOU'RE calling ME a chicken? WHo has the feathers?-
    -Who is being handfed berries by a beautiful girl?-
    -I could too if I wanted to.- ALandro sulked.
    -Aye Lord, you could, if you weren't so dense.- Nightingale's tone was suddenly serious.
    -What does that mean?-
    -You work it out, Lord Alandro.-

With that cryptic comment, Nightingale accepted another berry from Sophia, and closed his mind to the young Lord.

ALandro chewed a knuckle as he tried to work nout what the Songbird was trying to say. Just because he was a servant of the Goddess of Wisdom, Nightingale seemed able to pick up on things that totally escaped his ken.

His stomach rumbled, and he remembered his original desire, and thrust all thoughts of confusing birdies from his mind. Nearby, a group of young men and women were roasting something. He hadn't a clue what it was, but it was dead and cooking and smelt fantastic, so he slipped over and entered the coversation quickly enough.

He knew a few of the group, but learnt who the others were quickly. He made a point to learning at least the names of everyone he travelled with, even those who beleived themselves unimportant to the mission; people were more inclined to follow you if you know their names. Besides, he liked the Travellers, and fully intended to ask Bracdorn to join, so he had best get to know them well.

He accepted a thick slice of meat and a piece of flat bread and demolished the food before most of the others had taken more than a few bites. He took a swig of the offered flask, a special brandyt brewed by one of the Travellers left behind, which brought tears to his eyes and laughs to his companions' mouths.

The laughter and easy chat continued for a while after the meal, but a few of the younger ones insisted on calling him 'my lord'. He quickly tried to set them right, insisting on his name rather than an epithet, but they still continued, and he realised exactly what was going on. He was a Chosen, and was viewed as such. Well, he was damned if he was going to let that continue, and began to call everyone who spoke to him 'My Lord', 'Your Grace' and other such. When a young woman with amber eyes and crimson streaked hair addressed him, and was immediately named 'Your Eminence, the entire group erupted into storms of laughter, resulting in a new nickname for the poor woman; the man next to her began to refer to her as 'Cardinal', until she anointed him with the holy brandy flask over the head.

Alandro leant back and clasped his hands behind his head as fresh laughter followed the doused man moving away to wash the stench of spirits from his dirty blonde hair. Alandro reflected quietly on the easy friendship between this group. He didn;t really have a frame of reference for this kind of behaviour. Home had been a whirl of complex social circles and private feuds, and his last company, well, the fight between Etaine and himself for Annaiya's hand had ruined any chance of comradeship there. Only Sophia and Saline had shown him any manner of affection, tending him after his foolish action following Etaine and Annaiya's consummation of their relationship. He owed his life to Saline, but everytime he had looked into her eyes he had seen pity there, and pity was something he couldn't accept.

He absently rubbed his wrists, and pulled the sleeves of his tunic down. Some secrets were best hidden, he thought, Something that Sophia had taught him.

He felt the man beside him shift over, and he realised why when someone settled down next ot him, and a friendly hand was laid on his shoulder.

"Penny for your thoughts, Alandro?"

Strange, how when he thought of one Sophia, another arrived. This one was welcome.

"They aren't even worth a penny," he muttered, then shook his head and turned back to her.

"I hear you've been spoiling my bird."
    She smiled, and waved a hand, excitedly. "He's so cute, when he does that dance!"
    She pointed, and he looked over to another campfire, where the Songbird was stood next to the flames, strutting around and moving in time to a tune played by a woman with a wooden whistle. He was surrounded by girls, who laughed and fawned over him.

"Bloody bird, surrounded by girls" Alandro mock-moaned. "They really shouldd't encourage him. He'll get worse."

"Well, we all have our fun tonight, because the gods alone know what we'll face on the morrow."

"Indeed. So, come on Alandro, we need your presence." She took his hand and pulled him to his feet. She dragged him over to the fire where Nightingale strutted.

As he looked back to the coversation he'd been forcibly removed from, he saw the man next to him make a bow and arrow motion, to which Cardinal responded: "Sophia makes a successful hunt."

So I'm prey now, am I? ALandro thought, and resigned himself to his fate as he was thrown to the wolves. Well, the female Travellers, but you get the idea. The brandy he'd drunk was making him much more accepting of this treatment, and within a few minutes he was singing lustily, providing a frankly filthy marching song to the new group. He was shocked when several, including Sophia, joined in.

[ May 01, 2006, 11:47: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon was lying in his tent alone, when he heard the marching son. He knew the beat but some of the words were different, he opened the flap and stepped out into the cool evening.

Hey Stinky, you awake?

Har, har, yes I am. I'm at the fire without the drunk singers and the swooning girls around the chicken.

That's not very nice to say about a fellow Car'ygal.

Nevermind, just meet me at the fire. I am the only one with horns, you won't miss me.

Holon didn't answer him but went off to find him. Beratli was chomping down on a slab of meat, he grunted and shoved a tin plate full with food towards Holon.

" Have you seen Lena?" Holon asked through mouthfulls.

Beratli meerly burped and shrugged.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Salana watched the revelry from the branches of a tree. Despite being an owl she was diurnal not nocturnal but the fire light showed the figures clearly. Rayenna was seated next to Miost engaged in conversation.

She flew around the perimeters of the camp checking for danger. Seeing nothing she returned to her roost. She wondered what Alandro's sister was doing. She had seen her heading off in the direction of Olot.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Sometime that night Alandro stepped away from the group, and out of the glade. He stopped under a tree and leant against it for support. Raising his eyes, he looked at the stars through the leafy canopy. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Hey! What's up?" Alandra yelled in his ear.
    "Aiee! Steady, sister! How was Olot?"
    "Pretty quiet, but there were definite signs of activity recently."
    "The villagers?"
    "We should be so lucky. No, something else has been there, probably today. I'm not sure if Weygips are nocturnal, but I could see footprints, and smell dampened fires. We should tell the others."

"Of course, but tommorrow. Let them have tonight free from worry. There'll be plenty of time for this in the morning."

The phantom woman nodded, and sank down to the group, crossing her legs and sitting down.

"Any reason why you're out here and not back there partying?"

"I needed some fresh air."

She made an elaborate show of sniffing. "You've been drinking."
    "Not much. Is that alright?"
    She nodded her acceptance. Sagia knew,she needed a drink herself.

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd had visited two more camps of the twisted ones, each time the former Elves had welcomed the release she offered.

At the second camp Weygips had tried to stop her, only to be astonished when their weapons couldn't touch her, and then afeared when the light surounding her, surrounded them. Forming out of the light were rank upon rank of fierce countenaced Elves and their blades of light cut through the Weygips as if they were nothing.

It wasn't long before the twisted ones had accepted release from their enforced servitude and the Weygips were destroyed utterly; the Elves bowed before Breyd and rejoined the light and song surrounding her. For her next task she would need Miost's help, but that could wait til morning and after Olot.

[ April 21, 2006, 09:20: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Bast prowled the encampment, his sleek form blending with the shadows. The cat was clearly agitated and Lena worried because it meant something was happening with her missing friend. She began to pray, sending her wishes to the elven gods for her companions to be safe and whole.

The cat returned to her side and nudged her with his head. She looked into his eyes, understanding it was Time.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost decided to move now, Surion was getting anxious, "Under cover of Darkness," he started, people turning in his direction, "We shall move to Olot. I know some of you are tired, but we have dragged this trek longer than it has to be. Now, quickly ready your things and we will be off before midnight." He sat down and patted Surion. The cool touch of her scales calmed him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.