1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost cried out as he tried to get up; the pain in his leg that was slowing, had just sent a flash through his leg. He hobbled over to the others, preparing to shoot with his bow.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Why are they hiding?" Lean whispered.

-why are they after us, you should be asking- Porso said softly. She looked up at her firebird, begging him to answer with her eyes. -i don't know, Lena, honestly. i'm Car'ygal, yes, but i don't have the ear of a god like some of us-

She pulled at her braid, the pressure of being hunted like game animals gnawing at her insides. Unable to keep quiet, she screamed as loudly as she could in the hopes of having one of the shadowy figures reveal himself.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost winced as Lena made him become aware of the pounding ache in his head. "I don't know if they're hiding. I think they're scared. Alandro?"

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd came over to stand with Miost and Alandro “This is something that I can help with, but I’ll need everyone else’s help. Lena should stand behind me as well as Rayenna, I have a song to teach Rayenna; as for the rest of you please line the path on either side of me towards the enemy” As the others moved into position Breyd turned round and hummed a tune to Rayenna and Salana, Nightingale took notice of it as well. When everybody was lining the path Breyd looked up at them, there was a strange glint in her eye as she told them “Whatever happens do not for fear of your own lives move.”

Then as Breyd stood there silent deep in thought a simmering field of silver light came into being around her with a snap the field extended down the path and into the jungle, as the field shimmered in front of the others they involuntarily stepped back. “Now, Rayenna play” and as Breyd heard Rayenna start to play, the roars of Bast and Mnemeth could be heard in the jungle behind the archers. Rayenna’s song seemed to have a call within it, though they could hear it, the effect was non-existent on the companions. The archers could be seen moving from the trees looking over their shoulders as Breyd’s companions drove them down the path and then the music took hold of them, slowly they were almost forced to move down the path towards Breyd.

Breyd turned to look at Rayenna “I know this is hard for you but don’t stop playing until the end” and then Breyd stepped forward to meet the archers, they were small twisted creatures, that looked as if they had been tortured a long time. Now it could be seen that tears were streaming down Breyd’s face and that she was whispering the grace of her goddess; her hand came up palm first and a golden light left the archer, a sigh could be heard and the light travelled to Breyd who absorbed it. With the sigh the creature fell to dust, the other archers noticed the change and moved towards Breyd the faster as if to give up the fight to her. Now with both palms up the archers gave up their essence more willingly to Breyd, each absorption made Breyd shine with an ethereal glow that made it hard to look at her.

In moments all the archers were gone and the last notes of Rayenna’s song faded into the surroundings, Bast and Mnemeth could be seen walking out of the jungle onto the path. Breyd walked along the lines touching each person on the brow, after the touch they found themselves healed, refreshed and re-vitalised; also each touch seemed to diminish Breyd’s glow a little. At the last she came to Rayenna and Lena “Rayenna the siren’s call is a harsh and powerful song to know, if it is your wish I can remove the song from your memory and that of you Car’ygal, tell me when I come to touch your brow.

“So all of you know they were Elves once a long time ago but the enemy took them and eventually corrupted them, today has been their first day of freedom, from them I have learned that the Shadowed one ahead of us is worried about the Seer in this group, me, that’s why he’s attacking us; so to forestall him I will be leaving the group for a while to draw his attention away from you. Lena I cannot take Bast with me where I go now and further ahead so she says she is yours now that she will help and protect you like she did me.”

She touched Lena’s brow and like the others she felt the beneficence flow through her, but Breyd seemed to be less corporeal now and still shone with slivery-golden light. She approached Rayenna and asked, “What is your decision Owls?”

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "I will keep the song. I trust my Order to control and use it only as needed. I swear on my dead gods to never use it without good cause." Rayenna bowed her head solemnly.

She understood the power of the song and what it could do to others but knowledge was necessary to fight evil and she had been trained to never misuse her power. The Order would guide her or she was lost.

Salana whispered in her mind, "I too will guide you. Together we can face the darkness and overcome it."

6. DarkStrider

"Then receive this blessing from me and mine" and Breyd touched Rayenna's brow and peace flowed through her. Breyd turned and walked over to Mnemeth, she almost seemed to float over the ground now; the dragon lowered his neck and she climbed up "Farewell for now, soon I will join you again" and with a leap the dragon and ethereal dwarf were flying away.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

OOC: Mistake post, NT

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost shifted in the uneasy silence. "Well, that was weird. Do you think they will come back? And when will Breyd come back? And now what?"

He paused, "And now; I have to pee." At that Miost hobbled over into the trees, out of sight.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna walked over to stand beside Alandro obviously shaken by the experience. The songs made adventuring sound glamerous and fun but she was finding it a mixture of boring, hot, tiring, scarey and down right revolting.

She had helped her mother so was used to sick and injured people but this was different. She looked around at her companions wondering if they would all survive.

10. DarkStrider

Breyd and Mnemeth flew north a while and then drifted down to land in a clearing, here she dismounted and started to weep, great bitter wracking sobs shook her as the dragon tried to comfort her with his love and pride in her. After a period of time the sobs slowed and were replaced by gentle hiccoughs; from a pocket Breyd pulled a cloth and cleaned her face and blew her nose, her breathing more controlled now.

It was hard to leave her friends like that for that is what they had become to her. "Now that we know about the tortured Elves we will release as many as we can, it will weaken her army and give her something to worry about other than the company we have left". Mnemeth nuzzled her with his head *We shall scourge the weygips and release the Elves and do what we must, beloved* he answered her *but let us rest first you need it I shall stand guard for you* and so Breyd laid down and fell into a deep sleep with a dragon curled round her protectively.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro looked down a the Traveller girl next to him, and put an arm around her shoulder supportively.

"Cheer up, they do get better. She'll be back soon, no doubt."

It was a lie, and an obvious one, but he didn;t want to hurt the poor girl.

"I think we'd better get moving; we can talk while we walk."

12. Nakia

Media:
    "The elves, the poor elves. From my earliest days I have been taught about the shadowed ones but I have never seen them before. What monster did this? No wonder the gods were willing to sacrifice themselves." She leaned slightly into the strong figure next her shivering.

13. Daie d'Malkin

ALandro rubbed her shoulder, and sighed.

"Whatever monster did that, we'll put an end to it. One way or another."

He laid his other hand on the hilt of his sword, and stroked the black ribbon hanging from it pensively.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena clung to Bast, using the animal for support as she fell to the ground. Breyd was...gone, and those poor elves. She buried her face in Bast's fur and let the tears come. Porso landed gracefully beside the pair and settled a wing across his Chosen's shoulders.

15. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna saw Lena and went over to her. Dropping down beside Lena she touched her gently. Salana settled next them crooning softly. All Rayenna could do is join her tears to Lana's.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Well, I guess we should get moving. There's no use staying here when the Shadowed One knows where we are."

17. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro nodded in agreement, and helped Lena and Rayenna to their feet. He looked from one to the other, and tapped them both gently on the shoulders.

"Come ladies, time to leave this place." His voice was low and soothing, showing a calm that hid the turmoil within. The days events had been unsettling to all, but the others needed strength, not fear, so strength was what he gave.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena wiped her wet face dry. She setn Porso back to the skies and patted Bast to walk beside her. "I'm sorry for that," she whispered to the group. "Alaundro is right - we better keep moving."

19. Daie d'Malkin

The group set off, continuing in the direction they'd set off in earlier. Alandro had a quick word with the Traveller scouts, who returned to give a quick report, before speaking to his phantom sister for another moment, sending her to aid the scouts.

The remainder of the Travellers, those not scouting, moved closer to the main group. It was better that they travek as one body, so they were less able to be ambushed. Alandro was glad that their leader had moved them up, he was glad of the additional company. His own companions had grown quiet after the Seeress' disappearance, and he was especially worried about Rayenna and Lena. Fortuantely, a few Travellers saw their dicomfort, and moved to speak to them, and he soon heard jests being bandied around.

He found himself inthe middle of the group. Surrounded, but alone. He gave a contented sigh, and pused his cloak back from his armoured body. It was damn hot in this forest, and the metal armour was not designed for such a clime. He was taking a long draught from his waterskin when he heard a chuckle.

"Hot, my Lord?"
    He smiled "Indeed, Sophia. I think metal armour and rainforest were a match made in hell."
    "You may have the right of it. Perhaps you will try something lighter when we reach the next village."
    "If the next village is still there. I doubt it will be."
    "So cynical, my lord."
    "Age does that to you."

20. Nakia

Media:
    Walking and chatting with her relatives made Rayenna feel better and she was soon laughing at some silly joke. She glanced at Sophia talking to Alandro and felt a twinge of what...? Jealousy? No she must not allow such thoughts. She turned back to the others.

"Lena, have you heard the joke about the barmaid and the satyr?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.