1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Everyone froze. It was like time had stopped entirely. Miost's eyes darted back and forth, from tree to tree to shrub to bird to log. Suddenly they heard birds rustling in the trees farther away. One of the Chosen flew up, and saw their Shadowed foes fleeing, or retreating, through the treetops.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"What are those...creatures?" Lena asked anyone within earshot. Her face reflected her confusion. "Are they born that way or-or did the Shadowed One do that to them?"

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I'm not sure," Miost stated, "but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them, and other Shadow-touched."

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd looked up "Come on let's get moving again, Bast will take point" and the big cat slipped up th trail silent and in the dappled shadows of the vegetation almost invisible

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    One of the Travellers steps up to Alandro and speaks softly to him, "Milord, we think that a couple of us should do some scouting. We are quite good at it and we've had enough suprise ambushes. If you would be so kind as to watch out for Rayenna we would appriciate it.." At a nod from Alandro she waves to the other Travellers and they siliently vanish into the woods.

Rayenna smiles at Alandro, "So you are the Owl watcher? I know Bracdorn told them to watch out for me. The Travellers aren't ignoring Miost's leadership but it is natural that they would look to you for guidance. They are used to Bracdorn and therefore more comfortable with you."

She picks up her things and follows behind the others. Salana has taken off to scout as best she can in the thick jungle forest.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost was now sitting, nursing his and Surion's wounds, waiting for the others.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro stepped up next to Rayenna, shortening his lengthy stride to keep at her pace.

"It is only natural that they would want to look out for you- you are special, important. I am honoured that your people trust me so with their most vital asset."

He flashed a wink at her, and smiled. As he strode on, he caught himself watching the young woman from the corner of his eye.

'This journey shall change us all' he thought 'I wonder how it will affect those with no experiance of such violence?'

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenne murmurs thoughtfully, "Yes a vital asset. The Orders seem to be attracted to certain types. The Lark to people like my Mother who have a natural talent for healing and helping others. The Owl to those who are naturally charismatic and musically talented. It is woven into our fabric when we are born. Just as Salana chose me so did the Owl Order."

She shakes her head and smiles up at Alandro. "But enough of this. Who are you that you are so lucky to get mixed up in this event?"

9. Daie d'Malkin

He laughed, clearly amused. "By the standards of my companions, I am no-one at all. An older swordsman haunted by the spirit of his dead sister, mourning the death of a love that wasn't to be. Perhaps you would sing my song, bard?"

He chuckled for a moment, before continuing.

"Ach, I should be serious. Very well, I am Alandro, the eldest son of the Faelin family, a noble house of the city of Gleam, which lies many hundreds of leagues from here. I come to you from a group known as the Company of the SHining Helm. I left them after a realisation that left me with both physical and emotional scars."

Suddenly, all humour was gone from his face, and he watched Rayenna intently. "Now you know as much of my story as any living soul. Perhaps you would favour me with yours?"

10. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna laughed, "Ah, Milord, my life is simple and boring. Born into a Traveller Clan, a loving family and not much experience. I have a talent for music and I think would have been a good bard. The only thing that makes me special is the Owl Order. This adventure of ours both scares me and intrigues me. Having Salana as companion is wonderous just in itself but also bewildering."

As they move along she swipes at some foliage rather half-heartedly.

"Because of how we came to be, Travellers are rather special." She gives him a speculative side glance. "The interesting thing is that those who join with us become touched with the Traveller...essence. Don't know what else to call it."

11. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro storked his chin, intrigued by her words.

"And do people often join the Travellers? How does it happen? Is anyone accepted?"

12. Nakia

Media:
    "A few are drawn to the wander's life and the fact that we are dedicated to fighting evil but most join for love. They fall in love with a Traveller. We are close knit and of course related. It is seldom that a Traveller is willing to leave the Clan. Women especially don't like to leave no matter how strong the pull. We are equal to the men unlike so many of the societies we have met where women are subordinate to men."

She laughed and then asked, "In your society are women equals?"

13. Daie d'Malkin

He laughed "In my society, women are often stronger. My society is based on political intrigue and a rigid hierachy. The matriachs of each house argue and scheme, and the men usually remain out of it.WHile my father is nominally the head of the house, my mother wields the power. The men turn to the military, or to scholarly pursuits, lest they be dragged into the schemes; one of the reasons for my leave of absence."

He chuckled again, before turning back to Rayenna.

"Do you think I would be welcome as a Traveller?"

14. Nakia

Media:
    "That would be up to Bracdorn but I think he would be happy to have you. But think carefully before you ask. Commitment to the Travellers is no light thing." Rayenna stopped, turned to face Alandro with a very serious look on her face. "We have been burdened with the guilt of our ancestors and touched with the essence of our dead gods. You say you are 'An older swordsman haunted by the spirit of his dead sister, mourning the death of a love that wasn't to be. ' Do you really wish to add to that a guilt that is in no way yours and the legacy of gods you have never heard of?"

15. Daie d'Malkin

Sore stared right back at her, matchng her serious look with one of his own.

"I have nothing else left. What else could I do? Return home and become a political tool? Return to my old companions, and have to live with their knowledge of what I did? Nay, I would rather begin again, with new people, understanding people, a family that will not use me as a way of gaining prestige. If I must dedicate my life to erasing evil, what nobler calling is there?"

He looked away, and sighed deeper than he had for months.

"I find I have grown weary of my life. I move from place to place alone. I want company, companions, friends, family. Should these things be denied me?"

16. Nakia

Media:
    "With Travellers you can have all that. It is your choice. But meantime let us survive this adventure. If you have any questions be free to ask me. As a Bard I have a lot of knowledge even if I have little actual experience." She smiled charismatically.

She couldn't heal as her mother did but she could exude friendship and warmth. With Alandro it was easy because it was what she truly felt. In fact Alandro stirred feelings in her that she wasn't sure she was ready for.

17. Daie d'Malkin

"Yes, we shall complete this jaunt, and talk further. I find my curiosity roused, but I shall set it aside for the moment. Let us try and alleviate this guilt you speak of. Perhaps guarding you will aid my own compunction."

He looked ahead, and gave a light-hearted laugh.

"Come now, bard. The conversation is far too serious for such a fine day. You must find some way of lifting our hearts. Perhaps a song?"

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena walked along the trail, wondering why there was such evil in the world.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna took out her lyre and struck a few chords then began singing of a hunter chasing a white deer. Now white deer are very rare and usually turn out to be something other than a deer. Which of course was what happened in this case. The song went on forever as they raced over hill and dale. Any way its a pretty trite story and she only sang it to pass the time and maybe lift peoples spirits a little or bore them to death. Rayenna does have a beautiful singing voice so that should help a little and she could also cause people to visualize the scene. Being in a forest helped too.

Sophia turned up and reported to Alandro that she had seen movement ahead and to the right of them in the forest. He told to let Moist know and she did so.

The group gathered to decide what to do.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro ruffled Rayenna's hair affectionately as she finished her song. "Well done, my lady. You would not have sounded out of place in any of the courts I have seen."

Sophia arrived quietly on the scene and took his arm, whispering in his ear that the Travellers had seen movement forward right of them. He thanked her, and she moved back to her companions.

Alandro informed the others, and offered his own advice.

"We should obviously scout these people. I would recommend sending either one of our companions, or someone stealthy. A companion may be the better choice, and I can send Nightingale if needs be."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.