1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena hurriedly gathered her small bit of belongings and got ready to leave.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost pulled on his Ironwood shirt, and readied his bow. He gave Surion a piece of dried meat and gave her scales one last shine.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro heard an amused voice chuckling in his mind.

-Well explained, Master. Sagia sends her regards, by the way, and urges you to continue with these others-

-I was going to anyway-

-You never considered running?- The tone was reproachful, there was no lying here.

-Perhaps once-

The songbird nodded, satisfied.
    -Well, Sagia would have you stay. There are plans for all the Chosen, and your presence is necessary for these plans. Besides, perhaps you will find what you need most here-

-What?-
    -Peace. The travellers would welcome you. Perhaps when this task is complete...- Nightingale tailed off, yet left no doubt as to what he was suggesting.

-Perhaps- Alandro was sorely tempted. A few words with Bracdorn soon would probably help.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd came back into the camp as usual with Bast at her side and Mnemeth overhead, what was not usual was how tired she looked, the ravages of exhaustion were etched in her face which was pale and ashen. Her now shoulder length hair which had been bright and lustrous was now dull and lifeless, her steps faltering she made her way to her pack where she took a flask out and took a long pull on the liquid inside. It seemed to restore her some colour returning to her face and hair, looking around the camp she saw Bracdon and the elders talking to one side and made her way over there.

“Excuse me Bracdon could I have a word?” pulling the traveller to one side she continued “All the tunnels under the river have been sealed on both sides, if they try to break through on the far side then the tunnel will collapse and the river flood it. When they attack they will come from the north across the river as they cannot go underneath, when things are at their worst retreat to the beach and hold behind the palisade, help will arrive for you, though I will say no more”

Bracdon looked at the tired dwarf and wondered at the cost to her this venture seemed to be exacting, “Thank you Seer, you have made my job easier but still challenging, you say they will come from the north only? I would have thought…”

Breyd cut him off “Look only to the north those few that go east to try to ford the river will not be seen again, grams has the dwarves ready and waiting for them and none shall make it past them. The dwarvenfolj will then carry on to here to aid you further should need arise although neither grams nor I see that happening yet.”

“My thanks once again Seer, safe journey” with this he walked back to the elders to discuss this and other things. Breyd made her back to her pack making sure it was secure she left it and her staff at her side, leaning against a tree she rested until the moment of leaving came.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon helped Lena pack her things, he didn't really feel the excitement to go off on an adventure, and he didn't really want to be a fabled "Chosen". He would go anywhere for Lena but he didn't like being with the stangers he was supposed to travel with. Holon also was scared, they were supposed to go fight a large evil with a dozen or so men and women. He felt protected in a large phanlax with vetrans to support him, but being the only one with spear, all his maneuvers were useless. He would be unprotected on his flanks, were his sheild mates would protect.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Breyd looked like she'd crawled from her own grave. Lena chewed on a nail, worried. She followed where others lead and hoped for the best or, at least, the 'we covered in our own doo, but we're fine' good. She walked to the dwarf and gently touched a shoulder. "Can you tell me what's going on? Will it be...bad?"

7. DarkStrider

"Hello Lena, don't worry so much it isn't as bad as you think or fear, there will be a moment of great peril for the village but help will arrive for them at that most dire of times. And as for us we shall avoid the weygips as we move north we have plenty of scouts both winged and footed, as we get nearer the shadowed then we will have to fight our way at times.

"You will need to be strong then for your skills will be needed, look after Holon as well strengthen him with your love for he feels lost and alone without his shieldmates; but you will give him hope and other strengths if you let him in."

As she spoke Breyd rummaged in her pack again and took another long pull on a flask, and then returned it to her pack. At Lena's curious gaze she said "Don't worry, it's a potion to help remove fatigue, sealing the tunnels took a lot of energy from myself and Mnemeth. And how are you and Porso getting on?"

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"He knows things. He has answers I need that no one else could tell me," she replied. "If I make it through this alive, I'm going home and seeing what I can do to help Father." With that, she returned to Holon and hugged him, letting him know he wasn't completely alone.

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost decided to take up his job as leader, and stepped up onto an empty caravan. "Okay everyone, we're going to set out in a few moments!" No one seemed to be paying attention.

Surion let out a deafening screech. That got their attention, and all turned to Miost and the dragon.

"Now that I have your attention, I would like to announce that the Chosen will be leaving in a few moments. I trust that everyone has packed?" He glanced around at the people picking up their packs.

"Would all of the Chosen and their companions please come to me now? With packs."

He waited as the others came forward in groups of twos. Well handled my friend. He smiled.

"As you know, we have many missions ahead of us. Some we have found out, and some ... have not yet come to our knowledge. We will set out in pairs until we get to the Feyan Meadow. It is customary in Laelit for warriors to set out in this manner. And I'm sure the Travellers won't mind either.

"Your companions shall fly above us, in any manner that they choose." He looked down at Vike and Beratli, "You two shall walk side by side behind Kayn and Holon."

There was a quiet whispering, and Miost silenced it with an upraised hand, [Wow, look at all the power I have!] "Please get into position as I speak it. First two will be Miost Berrain, of Laelit, that's me, and Rayenna, of the Travellers. Second will be Breyd Treesong of the Ironfingers Clan, and Alandro, of the crimson cloak, "There was a slight chuckle in the crowd, "Third we will have Torben, master alchemist of Laelit and Lena, Cleric and Healer. Behind them we will have Holongost Ber-- uh the Bull, and Kayn Felost, of the great sword. Followed closely by young master Beratli and Vike. Then we have Roo, a wonderful young hobbit, and beside him, Bast, Breyd's panther.

Roo let out a nervous laugh, "After that we shall have the Travellers who will be coming with us. Overhead we will have Surion, Salana, and the others."

Miost stepped down from the caravan and fell into his place. He looked back to see every face smiling, ready to go. At his signal, Surion let out a beautiful blast to represent their leaving to all who would listen.

"Let that run cold fear through the hearts of our enemies!" The crowd behind the Chosen let out a triumphant cheer as Miost took the first step, and took another, with the others falling into sync.

When they reached Feyan Meadow, which was a fair hike to walk in formation, Mmiost told them to take a break and relax for a few minutes, while the flyers would go and scout their path.

Miost whispered the directions to Surion, and she and the others flew up to scout. He watched them go and then sat down on the grass.

10. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon was shocked, he didn't really like the way Miost was leading. He had to earn respect before you could silence people with a signal and most of these people have bearly known Miost. He shouldn't be so commanding with no experience as a leader. Holon actualy thought someone older should be the leader but he didn't really care, but he didn't want his younger cousin telling him what to do, he only recieved orders from Lena. Miost should ease on the power because soon he will get an unwarm reply, Holon knew it'll probably be from Beratli too. He sent a message to Beratli to be easy on Miost, all he got was mental snort.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro fell into position beside breyd, but remained silent, brooding. He also did not like being ordered by Miost.

"Still, Alandro of the Crimson Cloak? What a title!" As always, ALandra managed to bring a smile to his face, albeit one that was quickly replaced with dark anger.

"So inexperianced" he muttered "This will be like the temple all over again."

"I hope not, I don't have another life to lose."

"I won;t watch these children die either."

-The Gods have chosen him, Lord- At this point, Nightingale entered the conversation.

Alandro snorted, and took a swig from the waterskin at his belt, his contempt obvious.

[ February 09, 2006, 22:40: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

There were some murmurs to each other between the other Chosen, and Miost recognized them as being directed towards him.

He stood up, "Guys, I don't want to boss you around! I had to do that so they would think that I was a good choice! Although, they didn't choose, they would trust me with their safety! You don't have to walk in line now!"

"The Gods chose me for the leader, ask your Car'ygal! But we shall be independently a group. If you understand."

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna was glad someone finally got them moving. She pulled out a small wooden flute-like instrument and started playing a lively tune. When they arrived at the Meadow she looked over to Miost, smiled and gave a thumbs-up signal. Then she settled down to refresh herself and looked around at the others.

Her bard sense told her that there were various reactions to Miost taking charge. Some, like her, were just relieved that someone had, others were skeptical and a little leery.

She linked her mind to Salana flying scout. Miost has taken charge and I'm glad someone has Salana's thoughts entered her mind. Yes, this is right. Surion is the leader of theCar'ygal. Therefore Miost is the leader of the Chosen. Besides he knows the local area. With that Salana returned to her scouting not really interested in the quibbling of mortals unless it interfered with the mission.

[ February 09, 2006, 23:29: Message edited by: Nakia ]

14. DarkStrider

Breyd stood up and in a clear voice "Miost you will lead, and you will be First for the Chosen, since Surion was the first of the Car'ygal and always her chosen leads; no matter what any others might think" and here she looked challengingly at Holon and Alandro "We have no time for petty differences and petty arguments, and I for one will follow your lead" and so saying she and Mnemeth bowed their heads towards Miost and Surion.

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost blushed. "Uh, thank you Breyd."

He linked with Surion, Some of the others are not happy with my leading. What do I do?

Do not be so forgiving of them, Surion said sternly, They will follow you in time, but it is your choice on the way you lead. They do not believe you capable of this position. But thou is the first Chosen, and your experience will exceed your age before long.

He smiled at Rayenna.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro stood, and emptied his waterskin over his head. The heat of the jungle, combined with hsi armour was conspiring to kill him, and the cool water felt good, even if it did plaster his hair to his face. He looked to Breyd, meeting her challenging glare with a look of complete apathy.

"Say as you will, believe what you like" he shrugged "what will happen, will happen. Miost, I mean you no offence, but you lack experiance. This is a fact. No doubt you will gain it soon enough, but until then, you must remain careful. I shall follow you, and take your orders, and I offer advice, if you will take it."

Having said his piece, he returned his waterskin to his belt, and dropped down away from the others, his head in his hands, and gave such a sigh that one would have thought the world was about to end.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena felt bad for Miost. He was only doing what he thought was best. It wasn't as though her had a choice in being leader; his Car'ygal did that for him.

-a child shall lead them-

She glanced skyward to Porso, asking through their shared link, 'Did you say something?'

-no, not me. must have a stone stuck in my craw *cough cough*- He angled to ride the air currents.

'This cryptic speak is not boding well for our relationship, Porso,' she chided him.

-all right, all right, i'll say what i can-

'And that would be...?'

-oh yes, well, Miost is the leader and we follow him. quite simple actually. your people have that tendancy without interferance from my kind-

'Oh hush. You're no help at all.'

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Moist, you're doing fine. You got us moveing at least. I'm not going to question you, but when it comes to battle, I think Holon, Alandro and myself are more suited to lead then." Kayn said quietly as he sat next to the young Traveller woman who he had been with the times before.

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon sat beside Lena his hand on his spear, he was still unsure what they were doing. Where we're they going? They just set out, to find the killers of Olot ofcourse, but where to first? Holon was just glad he didn't have to lead, he liked to be led by an old officer who everyone knew, he once led a patrol and hated the pressure on him. His superiors said he did superbly but Holon felt like a failure. He looked over to Beratli whose horns were growing by the minute, Holon realized Beratli was growing bigger and faster than the others and could talk both mantally and physical. He sent a inquiry to the moody beast.

Why are you growing bigger than the others? And why can you talk?

Well... They will grow far bigger than me, so I guess I grow faster so I have an advantage for awhile. I don't think I have ever thought of that. Also, I learned to talk in my mental block. Do you know where we are going?

Holon simply shrugged his shoulders, he'd leave his cousin to tell him. He wasn't in any rush to know, so he'd wait as long as it took.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

After an hour of rest, the scouts returned.

Surion stated, The way is clear, save for a few fallen trees, overflown river banks, and we should be wary of the birds. They are not being very friendly.

Miost repeated what she had said to him to the others, warning them of slippery footing and crooked fowls.

"We will head for Olot, through the Forest of Laegyn. The trackers and I will look for hints, clues, footprints; anything that tells where the Weygips are heading," He paused, "And we do not have to travel in formation, we travel in a group. Just don't get separated. There is none we can trust in these woods." He nodded towards the trees, and the others gathered their things and started walking.

Miost let the others pass him, then stopped Holon, "My cousin, I know this might be painful, but we have to be strong; you have to be strong. You cannot break down."

Before turning, "And you do not have to come into the town with us if you do not wish to." Miost walked away, leaving Holon to decided what to do.

---------------------------------------------------

By now, the midday sun was approaching and the forest was waking. The Chosen were in for some surprises.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.